ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 general application form

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

T1 general application form

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:51 pm

Dear Friends,

Please help me with the following questions for filling the application form,
I am switching from Work permit to Tier 1 visa ,

1) National Insurance number - In some payslips , my employer have not given my NI number in the payslip and in some they have given,will this be a problem ? I will be giving my NI number in section B-12 will it cause any concern ? I cant get my payslips again , they make big fuss for giving payslips.[ please note I am getting a employer letter from them stating about my salary as i dont have payslips for all the months - will this suffice as evidence for this ? ]

2) C9 - ICNF - Identity card for foreigh national - - I don have one,shall i leave this blank ?

3) I am filling Section 3 A - ( Workpermit to Tier 1 applicant) - But seeing some MBA and HSMP question , got confused, though I gave -NA-sections for G and H. And filled the rest of the form.Hope I am filling the correct section ?

4) Am planning to apply by first class post and keep an SD envelope cover to receive the documents back, any idea how much will the Envelope cost ?

5) Basic question ,but thought to confirm - In the first page for full name - what format should be given ? Surname , then First name or reverse or just Firstname ? in my passport is surname then First name , shall i give it like that ?

6) I will be getting the letter from my employer stating its for my parents visa , and am sure they will put TO address as the officer , Chennai VFS or something like that. Is this letter fine to be submitted for Tier 1 and can I mention this in my covering letter ? or will it create a concern for my approval ?please adivce.

Please air your valuable advices ,

kind regards

Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Re: T1 general application form

Post by Rajuk09 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:52 am

Dear Seniors and Experts ,

Please give your valuable suggestions.

kind regards

Raj

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:Dear Friends,

1) National Insurance number - In some payslips , my employer have not given my NI number in the payslip and in some they have given,will this be a problem ? I will be giving my NI number in section B-12 will it cause any concern ? I cant get my payslips again , they make big fuss for giving payslips.[ please note I am getting a employer letter from them stating about my salary as i dont have payslips for all the months - will this suffice as evidence for this ? ]

If you are getting a letter from the employer, there is no need of payslips

2) C9 - ICNF - Identity card for foreigh national - - I don have one,shall i leave this blank ? Leave it blank

3) I am filling Section 3 A - ( Workpermit to Tier 1 applicant) - But seeing some MBA and HSMP question , got confused, though I gave -NA-sections for G and H. And filled the rest of the form.Hope I am filling the correct section ? Correct 3A is for initial(switching) applicants and you are switching from WP to Tier 1.

4) Am planning to apply by first class post and keep an SD envelope cover to receive the documents back, any idea how much will the Envelope cost ? Send the application by SD rather than a first class, this way you can keep a track of the application. It costs you around £6-7. Also include a prepaid envelope and note down the ref no so that you can track you pack when it is posted back.

5) Basic question ,but thought to confirm - In the first page for full name - what format should be given ? Surname , then First name or reverse or just Firstname ? in my passport is surname then First name , shall i give it like that ? I have filled in First Name/Last Name when I applied

6) I will be getting the letter from my employer stating its for my parents visa , and am sure they will put TO address as the officer , Chennai VFS or something like that. Is this letter fine to be submitted for Tier 1 and can I mention this in my covering letter ? or will it create a concern for my approval ?please adivce. Not sure about this but, why do you want to mention about your parents visa?

Also, make sure you call your bank and tell them that you expecting a transaction from the home office so that they dont block the transaction. (if you are paying by credit/debit card)

kind regards

Raj

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi arnuni4470,

Thanks a lot for your reply, just to confirm , please read below.
aruni4470 wrote:
Rajuk09 wrote:Dear Friends,

If you are getting a letter from the employer, there is no need of payslips

So Is it mandatory to have NI number in payslips ?

2) C9 - ICNF - Identity card for foreigh national - - I don have one,shall i leave this blank ? Leave it blank

3) I am filling Section 3 A - ( Workpermit to Tier 1 applicant) - But seeing some MBA and HSMP question , got confused, though I gave -NA-sections for G and H. And filled the rest of the form.Hope I am filling the correct section ? Correct 3A is for initial(switching) applicants and you are switching from WP to Tier 1.

4) Am planning to apply by first class post and keep an SD envelope cover to receive the documents back, any idea how much will the Envelope cost ? Send the application by SD rather than a first class, this way you can keep a track of the application. It costs you around £6-7. Also include a prepaid envelope and note down the ref no so that you can track you pack when it is posted back.

5) Basic question ,but thought to confirm - In the first page for full name - what format should be given ? Surname , then First name or reverse or just Firstname ? in my passport is surname then First name , shall i give it like that ? I have filled in First Name/Last Name when I applied

6) I will be getting the letter from my employer stating its for my parents visa , and am sure they will put TO address as the officer , Chennai VFS or something like that. Is this letter fine to be submitted for Tier 1 and can I mention this in my covering letter ? or will it create a concern for my approval ?please adivce. Not sure about this but, why do you want to mention about your parents visa?

By telling a reason like that only I can get a letter from the employer,Or should the letter be headed "To Whom ever it may concern" to become a Valid one for HO ?

Also, make sure you call your bank and tell them that you expecting a transaction from the home office so that they dont block the transaction. (if you are paying by credit/debit card)

Thanks a lot for reminding me about this

kind regards

Raj

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:58 pm

So Is it mandatory to have NI number in payslips ?
Not sure about this.
By telling a reason like that only I can get a letter from the employer,Or should the letter be headed "To Whom ever it may concern" to become a Valid one for HO ?
Ask them to address it to
UK Border Agency
Tier 1
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

or just 'UK Border Agency'

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi aruni4470,

Thanks for your help.

Could some please confirm ,

1) Is it mandatory to have NI number in payslips ?

2) Can I get employer letter addressed to VFS Office ,Chennai or something like that ? because , they wont be ready to give a letter directly to Home office here and its obvious that I will leave them ? any suggestions please.

kind regards

Raj