ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling for anyone with a degree over 5 years got Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodssb

Calling for anyone with a degree over 5 years got Tier 1

Post by goodssb » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Is there anyone who got Tier 1/HSMP visa with a degree older than 5 years?

I recently applied for Tier 1 visa from China and got rejected for the reason that my master degree is over 5 years, so 35 points were not awarded. (Qualification section, not UK experience section). Appealed and rejected again for the same reason.

I am thinking re-applying. So I am dying to know anyone who successfully got Tier 1 visa with a degree awarded over 5 years ago. Your replies would be really appreciated.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Calling for anyone with a degree over 5 years got Tier 1

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Did PBS calculator granted you points for qualification?
goodssb wrote:Is there anyone who got Tier 1/HSMP visa with a degree older than 5 years?

I recently applied for Tier 1 visa from China and got rejected for the reason that my master degree is over 5 years, so 35 points were not awarded. (Qualification section, not UK experience section). Appealed and rejected again for the same reason.

I am thinking re-applying. So I am dying to know anyone who successfully got Tier 1 visa with a degree awarded over 5 years ago. Your replies would be really appreciated.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:24 pm

Yes, it did. It's master degree from one of the UK's leading universities.
Called UKBA as well and was told qualifications don't expire.
Mentioned all these in my admin review, but still got rejected. No reason was given. Just says the ECO was correct. Your qualification was older than 5 years.
chetanojha wrote:Did PBS calculator granted you points for qualification?
goodssb wrote:Is there anyone who got Tier 1/HSMP visa with a degree older than 5 years?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Does rejection letter say your qualifaction is older than 5 years or over 5 years?
goodssb wrote:Yes, it did. It's master degree from one of the UK's leading universities.
Mentioned all these in my admin review, but still got rejected. No reason was given. Just says the ECO was correct. Your qualification was older than 5 years.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Is there any difference?
The exact words are:
This has been assessed correctly by the ECO. The UK qualification was obtained more than 5 years prior to the receipt of this visa application and therefore this qualification does not meet the criteria that the qualification should have been awarded no more than 5 years prior to the date of application of this visa.
chetanojha wrote:Does rejection letter say your qualifaction is older than 5 years or over 5 years?
goodssb wrote:Yes, it did. It's master degree from one of the UK's leading universities.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:06 am

Yes there is difference, one say you took over 5 years to complete the course or course was over 5 year. Another says, you obtained degree 5 years ago.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:14 am

Did you claim points for UK experience, based on your UK degree?

How many points in total did you claim?

goodssb wrote:Is there any difference?
The exact words are:
This has been assessed correctly by the ECO. The UK qualification was obtained more than 5 years prior to the receipt of this visa application and therefore this qualification does not meet the criteria that the qualification should have been awarded no more than 5 years prior to the date of application of this visa.
chetanojha wrote:Does rejection letter say your qualifaction is older than 5 years or over 5 years?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:22 am

Sorry, I missed that you already answered this question in your OP.

Looks like you need to contact a lawyer. I don't see a how a degree being older than 5 years can be a reason for not awarding education points.
ukswus wrote:Did you claim points for UK experience, based on your UK degree?

How many points in total did you claim?

goodssb wrote:Is there any difference?
The exact words are: