ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for going to UK ater T1 approval

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

Timeline for going to UK ater T1 approval

Post by Senonthachil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:00 am

Hello All

I have few doubts regarding the stay

1. If I get my Visa by next month 1st for example, is there any time limit that i have to enter UK first time?

2. In the above case, can I just go there and come back and go later, say in one or two months?

3. Is it mandatory that i have to work once i get my T1? Can i do some course for a year or so?

Many thanks in advance
Senon

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:24 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 am

Answers to the second and third questions are as follows:

2. Tier-1 is Multiple Entry type Visa. Hence you can visit and leave and can come back later.
3. Main advantage of Tier-1 visa is that the Visa holder is allowed to enter without a job and hence searching for a job on entering UK is possible. You could enroll for part time courses. If you wish to pursue full time study, then the Visa needs to be switched to Tier-4 from Tier-1.

Thanks
Raghavendran G

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Post by Leo2010 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:04 pm

After entering within 4 weeks and going through the registration process in the UK, is it possible to come back to my home country and then visit the UK only for job interviews? If I do that then when would they start counting time for the ILR?

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Your ILR clock starts ticking as soon as you enter UK the first time. You can visit UK only during job interviews, it is a good idea. But as the senior members already pointed out in other posts, you can apply for ILR after second extension of Visa

Thanks
Raghavendran G

Senonthachil
United Kingdom

Post by Senonthachil » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Thank you All for the replies!

I think I thought about it very late! I was not prepared it, but now i will be, thanks :)

Regards
Senon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Immigration Board helped me all the way to make my appication on 19th March 2010 and living in Uk since then!