ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank account - funds maintenance - apr 6 changes

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucky3
Newly Registered

Bank account - funds maintenance - apr 6 changes

Post by lucky3 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:06 am

Hi,

I am planning for tier 1 general VISA. I am planning to maintain required amount of 2800 GBP for next 3-4 months in my bank account. I have done PG and qualify for VISA based on age and past earnings.

Now I am thinking of new changes that may affect me from april 6th. Can we expect changes in the amount to be maintained in bank account? If this is the case, I may need to wait for those changes. I see processing fee as 690GBP. can we expect changes to this aswell?

Am I more worried or can I proceed with current rules assuming it may not effect me much.

Thanks ...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:49 am

well, if you satisfy all the requirements , then i suggest submit the application on 5th april or before.

In UK if you send app via royal mail than the date of app is taken to be the date you posted the packet. Its different for courier service . so make sure your packet is considered to arrive before or on 5th.

Main changes, i think is, only fees but dont take a risk... unless you can find out a link telling you what requireents are getting changed on their website, you are better off submitting docs before 5th

regards

GeneNZ

Re: Bank account - funds maintenance - apr 6 changes

Post by GeneNZ » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 am

lucky3 wrote:Hi,

I am planning for tier 1 general VISA. I am planning to maintain required amount of 2800 GBP for next 3-4 months in my bank account. I have done PG and qualify for VISA based on age and past earnings.

Now I am thinking of new changes that may affect me from april 6th. Can we expect changes in the amount to be maintained in bank account? If this is the case, I may need to wait for those changes. I see processing fee as 690GBP. can we expect changes to this aswell?

Am I more worried or can I proceed with current rules assuming it may not effect me much.

Thanks ...
I agree. On all accounts the Tier 1 is set to get harder if changes are implemented. Regardless, I'm holding out to see if I'm eligible (I'm currently not), since if they allow back Bachelors degrees, I maybe able to squeeze through based on previous earnings requirement. It all depends on how much the change the uplift ratio per country.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks arsenal49 and GeneNZ for your views ... But I can't be able to apply before apr 5th as I did not have 2800GBP maintained in my bank account for past 3 months ... I am maintaining that amount from past few days only. My main doubt is if they are going to hike this amount to say 4000GBP or so, I may need to add that extra amount and keep it for 3 more months ... It may make the process delay by 1 more month for me...

Please provide ur views on this ... Thank you ...

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:06 pm

lucky3 wrote:Thanks arsenal49 and GeneNZ for your views ... But I can't be able to apply before apr 5th as I did not have 2800GBP maintained in my bank account for past 3 months ... I am maintaining that amount from past few days only. My main doubt is if they are going to hike this amount to say 4000GBP or so, I may need to add that extra amount and keep it for 3 more months ... It may make the process delay by 1 more month for me...

Please provide ur views on this ... Thank you ...
Based on the MAC recommendations it is unlikely they will change the maintainence funds amount. That is, the MAC recommendations report says nothing about changing the maintainence funds. It purely talks about changes to the attributes section of the Tier 1 visas (e.g. Previous Earnings, Education, Age for Tier 1 General, as well as other changes for Tier 1 Entrepeneur etc). Therefore I would say its unlikely.

In saying this, until something is announced, I can't be 100% sure. They may change it, and they can if they want. In which case, I would suggest you get as much money into your bank account and maintain that amount ASAP.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:00 pm

They might even loosen the requirement for the maintenance a little bit, by waiving this requirement for applicant with firm job offer. However I am not sure if they are going to implement this by 6th April, since until now they haven't announce whether or not to accept the recommendation. Probably there is slight delay due to complexity of the changes and recent/coming strike by UKBA employee.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:14 am

Thanks GeneNZ and renzokuken for your views ...

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:12 am

renzokuken wrote:They might even loosen the requirement for the maintenance a little bit, by waiving this requirement for applicant with firm job offer. However I am not sure if they are going to implement this by 6th April, since until now they haven't announce whether or not to accept the recommendation. Probably there is slight delay due to complexity of the changes and recent/coming strike by UKBA employee.
I'm hoping that something gets annouced soon. Its driving me nutty just waiting for them to make an annoucement. From what I've heard, it takes them 2-3 weeks to implement changes after they make an annoucement. 3 weeks until Apr 6th starts today. Regardless, the holding pattern I'm currently in has been somewhat productive, with me spending my time upskilling (getting certifications to go along with my experience) in hope that it'll help me in the job hunt in UK (as I will be going, it just depends on what visa I go on).

gpranna
Newly Registered

Post by gpranna » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:17 am

GeneNZ,
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are. Waiting for that announcement eagerly..!..And same here, working on upscaling my skills.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:40 am

GeneNZ wrote: Regardless, the holding pattern I'm currently in has been somewhat productive, with me spending my time upskilling (getting certifications to go along with my experience) in hope that it'll help me in the job hunt in UK (as I will be going, it just depends on what visa I go on).

I think it's a wise thing to do.