ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes in Tier 1 - increase in previous earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anh1983
Newly Registered

Changes in Tier 1 - increase in previous earnings

Post by Anh1983 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Hi,

I've heard that the HO will implement changes in Tier 1 fairly soon. There's an article and video on workpermit.com say that the HO will require much higher previous earnings to qualify for Tier 1.

Does any one know when this change will happen? I will obtain my Master degree in June so just wonder if I am still qualify then.

Many thanks
Anh

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Changes in Tier 1 - increase in previous earnings

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Anh1983 wrote:Hi,

I've heard that the HO will implement changes in Tier 1 fairly soon. There's an article and video on workpermit.com say that the HO will require much higher previous earnings to qualify for Tier 1.

Does any one know when this change will happen? I will obtain my Master degree in June so just wonder if I am still qualify then.

Many thanks
Anh
Read this

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=48397

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Many thanks
Anh
just work hard for now and do your best with what you are currently pursuing and should it be the case that the option for tier -1 is still there - go for it .. and else you will find something else to enable urself soon..

till then .. be at peace and dnt be worried sick..just hope for the best and prepare for the worst..

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:58 am

Many thanks
Anh
I'm currently awaiting annoucement of the changes also. I've done extensive research on it since I found out about it (including reading through the MAC recommendations PDF thoroughly), but given there is limited information its hard to make any judgement.

The press release made by the HO just says: "early 2010" when any annoucement is made. The previous earnings requirement has increased quite significantly if the recommendations are accepted, and they are also reviewing the previous earning multipliers to update them. So if you are awaiting to apply from outside of UK then the changes to the multipliers maybe for the better or worse depending on where you earned your money. You can pretty much guarantee that if you earned money in the top 20 GDP countries (including the UK), the multiplier will stay at 1. Any country after this is anyones guess. Being from New Zealand, I'm reliant on these multipliers.

Also, the MAC recommendations also remove the need to have a masters degree to apply for the Tier 1. That is, you can apply with a Bachelors degree. The different between the masters and bachelors degrees based on the MAC recommendations is only 5 points (Bachelors degree gains 30 points, and Masters gains 35 points). So the difference isn't so large anymore. The MAC recommendations were pretty insistent on restoring the Bachelors degrees as eligible, because many in industry were convinced that a person with (and I quote) "25 years global experience and only a bachelor's degree, is more highly skilled than a graduate just out of University with a Masters". Which is fair enough. I'm also reliant on this clause, as I hold only a Bachelors degree.

In saying this, how and when this plays out is anyones guess. I have a feeling the announcement will be made in the next 2 weeks, since on the UKBA's press release about the Tier 4 changes recently, they mentioned further changes will be implemented in April. Whether this is referring to the visa system as a whole or just the Tier 4 changes is anyone's guess. But we shall see.

singhs
Newly Registered

Post by singhs » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:43 am

If and when these changes do get announced, do they come into force immidiately or is there are future dated start date ?

Reason I ask is that I am waiting for my IELTS and have booked myself for an in person appointment at PEO Sheff on 19th April. If the changes get announced with a future date and that is after the 19th then I can still go in person as planned.

However if the changes are going to come into force earlier that the 19th then I can post my application to avoid being judged against the new set of rules. I will not qualify under the proposed new changes :(

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:52 am

singhs wrote:If and when these changes do get announced, do they come into force immidiately or is there are future dated start date ?

Reason I ask is that I am waiting for my IELTS and have booked myself for an in person appointment at PEO Sheff on 19th April. If the changes get announced with a future date and that is after the 19th then I can still go in person as planned.

However if the changes are going to come into force earlier that the 19th then I can post my application to avoid being judged against the new set of rules. I will not qualify under the proposed new changes :(
No one knows. Until something is in black and white, then it is all speculation. The UK HO can do what they please. If they want the changes to come into force immediately, they can do so.

Rumours on this board suggest that the changes will be implemented on 6th April, meaning an annoucement of the changes are due at any time (I hope).