ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Eskar wrote:i dnt think it affect ur processing time. london 102 called almost every day even twice in a day sometimes but he got his approval on time, 35 days i suppose.

so nothing panic but be patient. calll every monday or friday.

Tim555 wrote:

It means everytime we ring them, they keep record of it. Does it effect our application processing time? The more we ring the more delay on our application process time :? what do u guys say about this???
Good to have your comments Esker bahi. Any updates on Mum's application?
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:31 pm

This week has been really slow and only few approvals. Hope fully next week will bring more approvals as lot of us are waiting for some time now.

Is there anybody applied on 3rd Feb and still waiting?

London102

Post by London102 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:25 am

Hello global gypsy,

Thanks mate. This really helps.

Regards,
global gypsy wrote:
Spartac & London102:

My interview was at 5:30pm, and I visited a friend after that, hence this late posting...

I did receive my letter this morning and took it with me to the interview. However, I couldn't find it in my bag when I got to the reception! Luckily, I had jotted down the interview reference number in my notebook, and provided the number to them based on that.

So I can confirm that you don't need to show the letter at the IPS interview office.
(Funnily enough, I found the letter stuck in a remote part of my bag on my return home!)

The interview itself went off quite well. In addition to the information you provide in the passport application form (also your ILR application, I think!), they ask you about other things that you would be expected to know, e.g. your bank accounts, whether you have mortgage etc. etc. Pretty straightforward stuff.

Since mine was the last interview of the day, we had a nice chat on various topics. I even offered some feedback, e.g. that they should include the £3 (for the safe return of our documents) as part of the standard passport application fee, rather than leaving it as an optional element. Overall quite a nice experience.

I was told I could expect to receive my passport in about a week's time.

Hope I beat Spartac to the finishing line! :)

All the best.

London102

Post by London102 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:30 am

Eskar is correct in saying this. Call centre is altogether a different and seperate section from the case working unit. They just have access to the progress page of the intranet that reveals very limited information to them. And this is the info that they tell you over the phone.

Calling them frequently does not at all slows down the process. I have been calling them almost everyday (sometimes twice - once in the morning and second time around 5:00pm ':D' )

Tiem stamping is almost everywhere. People in the IT sector know this very well. Hence do nto panic if they tell you that you called them before on so and so time.

Regards
Eskar wrote:i dnt think it affect ur processing time. london 102 called almost every day even twice in a day sometimes but he got his approval on time, 35 days i suppose.

Tim555 wrote:

It means everytime we ring them, they keep record of it. Does it effect our application processing time? The more we ring the more delay on our application process time :? what do u guys say about this???

London102

Post by London102 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:34 am

Hello ,

Its been observed that people put the phone down with the advisor with no update on Friday and yet on Monday they have the news. Please be advised that UKBA works on Saturdays and Sundays too but telephone advisors and desptaching team dont.

Regards,

citizen1000 wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
citizen1000 wrote:Hi Brightest Star
I think you are right but lets wait for the outcome, hopefully it will be positive but this wait is very difficult.
Thanks for your comments. Although I agree with you that nationality might not have effect but at the same time also cant ignore the realities of what is happening back home.
thanks
Hi, any update? did you receive anything today?
Hi Tim
Nothing yet.
i dont thing its gona come next week either because on friday 16:30 it was still under consideration .
i will call them next week

London102

Post by London102 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:43 am

Many a times the affects of previous citizenship from certain south asian and middle eastern countries have been discussed. It is evident from a number of cases that "IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY EFFECTS ON PROCESSING".

I have said this before that information on the application form and PNC checks decide the fate. Should there be a reason for further checks, a thorough scruitny is done and hence the delay.

Otherwise straightforward applications, regardless of the previous citizenship, tend to have decisions based on the merits and within the limits of the policy.

Delay can also be observed due to heavy backlog or load on a particular case working unit/team.

Regards,

Tim555 wrote:
chaudhrei wrote:Hi TIM, and others in the boat of waiting,
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE THE PRESSURES ON BORDER AGENCY, YOUR NATIONALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APPROVAL OR DELAY, IF YOUR APPLICATION IS RIGHT IT WILL GET APPROVED, I UNDERSTAND THE PARTICULAR NATIONALITY YOU ARE REFERING IS PAKISTANI, I AM PAKISTANI AS WELL AND HAD NO PROBLEM IN GETTING MY THINGS SORTED YET BY UKBA.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks London102 for your thoughts. Very informative :D .
London102 wrote:Eskar is correct in saying this. Call centre is altogether a different and seperate section from the case working unit. They just have access to the progress page of the intranet that reveals very limited information to them. And this is the info that they tell you over the phone.

Calling them frequently does not at all slows down the process. I have been calling them almost everyday (sometimes twice - once in the morning and second time around 5:00pm ':D' )

Tiem stamping is almost everywhere. People in the IT sector know this very well. Hence do nto panic if they tell you that you called them before on so and so time.

Regards

Tim555 wrote:

Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:00 pm

London102 wrote:Many a times the affects of previous citizenship from certain south asian and middle eastern countries have been discussed. It is evident from a number of cases that "IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY EFFECTS ON PROCESSING".

I have said this before that information on the application form and PNC checks decide the fate. Should there be a reason for further checks, a thorough scruitny is done and hence the delay.

Otherwise straightforward applications, regardless of the previous citizenship, tend to have decisions based on the merits and within the limits of the policy.

Delay can also be observed due to heavy backlog or load on a particular case working unit/team.

Regards,

Tim555 wrote:
chaudhrei wrote:Hi TIM, and others in the boat of waiting,
YOU PEOPLE SHOULD REALIZE THE PRESSURES ON BORDER AGENCY, YOUR NATIONALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APPROVAL OR DELAY, IF YOUR APPLICATION IS RIGHT IT WILL GET APPROVED, I UNDERSTAND THE PARTICULAR NATIONALITY YOU ARE REFERING IS PAKISTANI, I AM PAKISTANI AS WELL AND HAD NO PROBLEM IN GETTING MY THINGS SORTED YET BY UKBA.
Thanks london for your infomation.

azface
Newly Registered

Post by azface » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi all,

I have been keenly following this thread to estimate my timeline - thanks for all your regular contributions.

Here's my timeline so far...

NCS or Postal : NCS Barnet
Date of submission or posting : 01/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: 04/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 yrs EEA Spouse + 1 yr PR = 6 yrs
Date of debit of Card : 5/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 12/02/2010 (Dated 05/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 12/03/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 25/03/2010

Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

My question is...

I have travel plans (flights booked) from 23rd April with my wife and baby - I had originally planned to travel on my non-UK passport as I wasn't expecting the citizenship application approval to come through so soon. However, now I must admit I am tempted to put my British passport to some good use for my journey. But my dilemma is that even if I apply the day after my citizenship ceremony i.e. 26/03/2010, it leaves just over 3 weeks to get my passport - not to mention with Easter break in the middle. I am not sure if I should go ahead and apply or potentially wait until June when I will again be in a position to hand in my original passport with my UK passport application.

Based on the collective judgement on this forum (in context of my situation), I am looking to understand whether or not 3 weeks is enough time to get my British passport.

All views welcome.

Thanks!

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 pm

azface -

My advice would be to wait until you get back after your trip before you apply for your British passport. Keep in mind that you would need to submit your foreign passport as part of the application process, and that could mean you may not have that passport back in time for your trip if you apply before then.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:29 am

Tim Bhai, if you happen to call UKBA this morning for any other mornings then please do not forgot to update us. Mine and your timescales are sort of similar. Thank you.

ckfeng
BANNED

Post by ckfeng » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:55 am

lemess wrote:John,
I have to admit to being blown away by the service. I needed the fast track services due to the nature of my job and constant business travel but I didn't honestly expect to have a British passport till 2006 when I filed my application. Once I received the approval, I knew I could pay about 100 quid extra and get a UK passport within a few days and that was well worth it. In any case, I think the UK must now have one of the most impressive, streamlined and transparent naturalisation procedures anywhere and there is no real need for a normal applicant to ever involve solicitors. I recall that a few years ago the whole system was a complete shambles so credit is due to whoever has turned this around.

I am not agree your View

Pal80
Newly Registered

delay ? or missing?

Post by Pal80 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:56 am

NCS or Postal : Through immigration solicitor / advisor
Date of submission or posting : 03/03/2010
Date recieved by HO: pending ( as per port office it is 05 /03/2010
CRITERIA: 5 yrs EEA Spouse + 15 months PR
Date of debit of Card : pending
Date receipt of acknowledgement : pending
Date of receipt of approval : pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : pending

My application was sent on 03 March and received on 05 March as per post office tracking. but yet nothing heard from home office.
from all posts, usually they debit the money 5 - 7 days after they receive it. any advice?
thanks

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:19 am

I am Officially BRITISH today (Although I didn't get my Certificate yet)! :D

NCS or Postal : NCS Newham
Date of submission or posting : 03/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: 04 /02/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British - 3 years
Date of debit of Card : 09/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 11/02/2010 (Dated 09/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 15/03/2010 (Dated 06/03/2010)

Thanks for all of you guys for moral support. It helps to think that you are not alone in this race against time.
Goodluck to all those who are still waiting.

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:33 am

eliasuk4u wrote:I am Officially BRITISH today (Although I didn't get my Certificate yet)! :D

Thanks for all of you guys for moral support. It helps to think that you are not alone in this race against time.
Technically, you are not officially British until you had your ceremony but getting your approval is just as good. The hard part is behind you :)

Congrats and enjoy the moment.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai, if you happen to call UKBA this morning for any other mornings then please do not forgot to update us. Mine and your timescales are sort of similar. Thank you.
Hi Bahi,

I just rang them up (12.15pm) they said my application is still there for allocation, not yet allocated to caseworker :? . Its strange :roll: . They received my application on 27th Feb, payment deduction on 3rd March. Its 15th march today no progress yet.

Any update from you guys???

I'll ring them up this friday or may be during the week. I think because of two days ( last monday and tuesday ) strik, Home Office's application processing time is disturbed and increased.

What do u guys say?

Regards,

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai, if you happen to call UKBA this morning for any other mornings then please do not forgot to update us. Mine and your timescales are sort of similar. Thank you.
Hi Bahi,

I just rang them up (12.15pm) they said my application is still there for allocation, not yet allocated to caseworker :? . Its strange :roll: . They received my application on 27th Feb, payment deduction on 3rd March. Its 15th march today no progress yet.

I'll ring them up this friday or may be during the week. I think because of two days ( last monday and tuesday ) strik, Home Office's application processing time is disturbed and increased.

What do u guys say?

Regards,
That's really strange brother. I agree may be strike is the reason for delays but I doubt that the case workers could have been on strike but who knows. Actually I could not resist calling them this morning and I was straight away told without even asking for my reference no. that we do not provide any updates until the application is 6 months old. You know what brother I preached in my earlier post of not calling them but now I myself can't resist calling.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:39 pm

azface wrote:Hi all,

I have been keenly following this thread to estimate my timeline - thanks for all your regular contributions.

Here's my timeline so far...

NCS or Postal : NCS Barnet
Date of submission or posting : 01/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: 04/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 yrs EEA Spouse + 1 yr PR = 6 yrs
Date of debit of Card : 5/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 12/02/2010 (Dated 05/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 12/03/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 25/03/2010

My question is...

I have travel plans (flights booked) from 23rd April with my wife and baby - I had originally planned to travel on my non-UK passport as I wasn't expecting the citizenship application approval to come through so soon. However, now I must admit I am tempted to put my British passport to some good use for my journey. But my dilemma is that even if I apply the day after my citizenship ceremony i.e. 26/03/2010, it leaves just over 3 weeks to get my passport - not to mention with Easter break in the middle. I am not sure if I should go ahead and apply or potentially wait until June when I will again be in a position to hand in my original passport with my UK passport application.

Based on the collective judgement on this forum (in context of my situation), I am looking to understand whether or not 3 weeks is enough time to get my British passport.

All views welcome.

Thanks!
hello mate , congratulation ...and again ca you please let us know what kind of document did you send with your application ....as i'm in the same both PR holder ...and willing to apply ...thanks again

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Hi Bahi,

What do u guys say?

Regards,
Quite possible that the strike had disrupted the flow of applications, however, the fact that your application is still awaiting allocation is not outside the norm.
Take for instance timelines from the two latest approvals from azface and eliasuk4u. Both took over 4 weeks from the day of acknowledgement to day of approval. Which means you've got good two weeks to go before you can apply "strangeness" to the situation :)

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:54 pm

yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Hi Bahi,

What do u guys say?

Regards,
Quite possible that the strike had disrupted the flow of applications, however, the fact that your application is still awaiting allocation is not outside the norm.
Take for instance timelines from the two latest approvals from azface and eliasuk4u. Both took over 4 weeks from the day of acknowledgement to day of approval. Which means you've got good two weeks to go before you can apply "strangeness" to the situation :)
May be you are quite right yarons. But as I said earlier to my knowledge it were only frontline staff's on strike so not too sure about caseworker. However, do you reckon they categorize applications like signle, family, EEA route etc and then dependent upon type of application and its straight forwardness the timeline differs. I have noticed from may of the past post that "single" application given they are stright forward tend to be approved very quick.

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:12 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Hi Bahi,

What do u guys say?

Regards,
May be you are quite right yarons. But as I said earlier to my knowledge it were only frontline staff's on strike so not too sure about caseworker. However, do you reckon they categorize applications like signle, family, EEA route etc and then dependent upon type of application and its straight forwardness the timeline differs. I have noticed from may of the past post that "single" application given they are stright forward tend to be approved very quick.
Well, none of us work for UKBA or have inside information so not sure what is the source of your knowledge that only frontline staff were on strike. We know the call centre staff were on strike because UKBA declared it but they did it simply because it's a public facing service. We cannot deduce from that that no other section was on strike, now can we?

Same goes for how UKBA categorises the applications - we simply have no idea. All we have is the experience from other members of the forum who have been through the process. From what I can tell, timeline averages have been quite solid in the past 3-4 months regardless of their type. Most got the decision between 4-6 weeks with some exception to both ends i.e. few applications got processed in less than 3 weeks and a few others took over 2 months. Why? we can only guess but we need to understand that our speculations are really just speculations. Unless we get some reliable inside information, we have to accept that we simply don't know.

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:14 pm

TODAY I FOUND THAT THAT HOME OFFICE DOES NOT MOVE FORWARD BUT ACTUALLY MOVE BACKWARD.
MORE THAN ONE WEEK BACK I WAS TOLD THAT MY CASE IS BEING CONSIDERED, EVEN LAST WEEK THEY SAID THAT MY CASE IS BEING CONSIDERED.
I PHONED TODAY & THE LADY SAID THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS AWAITING TO BE ALLOCATED TO A CASE WORKER. WHEN I ASKED WHAT DOES BEING CONSIDERED MEAN SO SHE SAID TILL THE APPLICATION IS DECIDED IT IS CALLED BEING CONSIDERED FORM THE THE START TILL THE END.
I APPLIED ON 10/02.2010 & THEY ARE STILL DOING CHECKS & AWAITING TO BE ALLOCATED TO CASE WORKER
REDICOULOUS

kindley

Post by kindley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:15 pm

hello eliasuk4u,

Congratulations and well done!

eliasuk4u wrote:I am Officially BRITISH today (Although I didn't get my Certificate yet)! :D

Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Just a quick update guys. I rang just now and got through to a nice chap. I stated that I applied for naturalisation and asked if he could provide me with an update as to what stage my application has got to. He took my ref no and asked my name DOB and first line of address.

He then stated that he can see that the application is now under consideration with a caseworker. Hopefully not long now! :D

Updated timeline:

NCS or Postal : Postal Leeds

Date of submission or posting : 23/02/2010

Date recieved by HO: 24/02/2010 (Special Delivery)

CRITERIA: 3 Years married + 5yrs ILR

Date of debit of Card : 27/02/2010

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 26/02/2010 (letter received 03/03/10)

Rang UKBA: 10/03/10 - With caseworking team, awaiting allocation to caseworker.

Rang UKBA: 15/03/10 - with caseworker, under consideration.

Date of receipt of approval : Pending

Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending

Method used : TBA

Hope everyone else on the same boat gets some good news soon!

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:21 pm

yarons wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
yarons wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Hi Bahi,

What do u guys say?

Regards,
Well, none of us work for UKBA or have inside information so not sure what is the source of your knowledge that only frontline staff were on strike. We know the call centre staff were on strike because UKBA declared it but they did it simply because it's a public facing service. We cannot deduce from that that no other section was on strike, now can we?

Same goes for how UKBA categorises the applications - we simply have no idea. All we have is the experience from other members of the forum who have been through the process. From what I can tell, timeline averages have been quite solid in the past 3-4 months regardless of their type. Most got the decision between 4-6 weeks with some exception to both ends i.e. few applications got processed in less than 3 weeks and a few others took over 2 months. Why? we can only guess but we need to understand that our speculations are really just speculations. Unless we get some reliable inside information, we have to accept that we simply don't know.
Btw, if you ask me - I think the decisive factor that determines the speed of the application is how busy and effective is the caseworker teams which handle the case. This opinion is based on nothing but guess work.