ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Passport?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DesignChick
BANNED

Which Passport?

Post by DesignChick » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi,

As the time draws near I get more nervous. I will be putting in my application in less that two weeks and have now thought of something. I am a dual citizen, Jamaican/United States. I now reside in Jamaica and will be appling for my spouse visa here (in JA).

Can I use my US passport to apply for the the visa, in Jamaica? I will of course also declare my Jamaican passport on the application, but as my US passport is the one I use to travel it will be more convenient to put the visa in it. I only use my Jamaican passport to enter Jamaica.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:42 pm

I actually spoke to a live body at the Kingston British High Commission and the answer is No, I cannot use my US passport as I am now residing in Jamaica.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:48 pm

I am sure the process is much easier and faster if you applied from US rather than Jamaica. Its more likely to be granted in US whereas in Jamaica there is more chance of it being refused .

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:24 pm

yup I know, but this is where we lived together and where I am living now, my son is in school here, we had our house here everything!

With all the advice I've gotten on this message board, I think I know all the required info.......I hope.

I do have another question, does my husband have to certify everything he sends, or only the copies of his passport, NI, birth certificate etc.?

I'll be applying in less than two weeks!!! My, how time flies.

jaywel
Newly Registered

Post by jaywel » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:14 pm

When I completed my application - we supplied all original JA documents for my husband and only had mine were certified ie birth certificate - passport pages.