ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Review refused..advise needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kaps10
Newly Registered

Review refused..advise needed

Post by kaps10 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:46 am

hi guys,

I had applied for a review on 16th Jan and yesterday I was told on the phone that it has been refused.
I was refused points for Senior level experience and the same has been upheld.

I am heading project teams spread over 5 countries and have a team of 20 people reporting to me.If that is not Senior leve then I really wonder what qualifies as Senior level.

Moderators Pls advise: Considering the fact that I have already made my experience letter & oraganisation chart as elaborate as possible,is it advisable to re-apply with the same evidence...I mean is it possible that another case worker may interpret t differently or would it be a waste of money and I should just give up??

I have seen cases where people with lesser responsibilities have been awarded senior level points but anyway this category is very subjective so difficult to compare.

Any advise will be appreciated.

cheers!

Aura
Newly Registered

Re: Review refused..advise needed

Post by Aura » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:27 am

Hi kaps,
Iam in a similar situation. I got rejection coz my work experience ( Under 28) according to them is not a graduate level work. Well after having a Post graduate degree from IIT, and working for 2.5 years in reputed companies, i dont think one is ever considered underemployed .
U know as other countries UK doesnt have released their defination of skilled migrants. Australia has ASCO which clearly gives jobs and responsibilities standards. Why is not UK doing it?? It will help to have transparency and clarity between the applicants and the HSMP team. It will save so much time and money and pain that one goes through arranging all the documents only to get rejection for reasons that are not understood.
I think its high time we raise our voices against this discrepancy and unjust opinions of the caseworkers.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:27 am

I agree with of you and add a COMMENT to this , If they consider these Profiles to be non-HSMP Profiles, they are unfortunate and not the applicants.

Today or tomorrow, applicant may find another better opportunity/ great offer in another country.

So guys, keep cool and keep moving ahead.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:25 am

I agree with all of you.

Considering something as graudate/senior level is something which they have in their hands. 90% of the rejections are because of this.

If you look at it from the HomeOffice's perspective, if they have to consider all graduate's applications as graduate level work ( well in an ideal world thats the case, whether or not we put in writing) then they have to almost bring in 1000s of ppl in the country every day which can be a disaster and result in the removal of HSMP program in a year or two.

But yes, if we look from an individual's perspective all our feelings are true. Why are we being rejected even though it is genuine graduate/senior level work.

Often times, you try to apply again and test your luck. Most ppl who have applied second time have succeeded.

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:09 am

This was one program that seems very thrown together. Aura, if you want to see two cases of severe misjudgement, have a read of my case and JhonnyECU's- you got off lucky in your rejection, believe me. But, what can you do? Who would we complain to? And I agree with your comment in another topic about how Australia and every other country that has a skill based category lays out firm information on shortage industries, while the UK doesnt. Furthermore, Ive always felt that the belief of the British that there is a direct correlation between salary and "highly skilled" is flawed- no other country with a skilled program uses this evaluation criteria either.

simar

Post by simar » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:28 pm

Have dummy test in your own backyard.

Just show these documents to person who do not know you. (by third person so that evaluator do not get influence by your personality )

If the person B(simple graduate, Evaluator) can answer with confident the below two questions then you have good chance of scoring points in hsmp work experience

1> Mr Evaluator ,DO you feel the job responsibilities that this person A is doing ( for last 5 years) require him to study particular subjects in graduation or you feel may be simple street smart with good spoken ability a 12th pass can also do reasonably same job with responsibility.

Ans >> Oh no way study of these subjects is must so that the job responsibilities listed can be accomplished. A 12th pass smart person can also do this job but only after he study well these subjects.
. I could see, these subjects are part of the curriculum of this person A graduation. So indeed graduation is must for the work that he is being doing.

2>Great, Do you feel, the job responsibility that this person A is doing , get him earned the best salary in his country of residence among the people who are doing same job.
Ans >> Oh Yes indeed, this person is earning best among the persons who are doing similar job in his country of residence. In fact his employer is among the best known & are paying him well for this job. I don’t think , people of his country doing same job responsibility work can earning more. This can be seen in the salary statistics provided.

Remember, the Evaluator need to firmly make decision of both the questions based on the documents that you have provided to him. No outside assumptions. Your personality should come out of these documents that the home office wants in user guide notes

Go ahead , give a try. If Evaluator give YES to both the questions. You have fairly good chance of scoring graduate level experience points