ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Sample letter for Fixed deposit for UK tier 1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avkreddy1976
Newly Registered

Bank Sample letter for Fixed deposit for UK tier 1 visa

Post by avkreddy1976 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:56 pm

To show the maintenance fund for my application I am showing Fixed deposit account. Since I need to get letter from bank showing the FD that can be encased at any time and is liquid fund.

When I approached the bank to issue the letter for the same, the bank asked me for the letter format, Could you please share the letter format for the fixed deposit. Thank you.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Bank Sample letter for Fixed deposit for UK tier 1 visa

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:09 pm

avkreddy1976 wrote:To show the maintenance fund for my application I am showing Fixed deposit account. Since I need to get letter from bank showing the FD that can be encased at any time and is liquid fund.

When I approached the bank to issue the letter for the same, the bank asked me for the letter format, Could you please share the letter format for the fixed deposit. Thank you.
it must show

1, Name , adress , contact details of banker
2. fund in name of applicant
3. unconditional withdrawal
4. minimum holding period -3 months
5 if other than gbp than equivalent

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:42 pm

avkreddy1976 wrote:To show the maintenance fund for my application I am showing Fixed deposit account. Since I need to get letter from bank showing the FD that can be encased at any time and is liquid fund.

REddy,

I have burnt my hands using FDs and i would not suggest you go ahead with that as they were not accepted as valid proof of funds even with the best bank letter i could get done.

Better to wait if u can for 3 months or use some other accounts in ur name that satisfy the criteria

Let God be with you should you go ahead with it. Good Luck..

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi,

I have got doubt about maintaining funds in my bank account after reading this. Can't I simply keep 2800GBP equivalent amount in my salary account? what's here to talk about FD here?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:28 pm

lucky3 wrote: what's here to talk about FD here?
Because the OP wanted to show his FD as maintenance fund

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:32 pm

@aruni, my doubt is like can't I simply keep the amount in my salary account for 3 months and use it as proof? are there any rules for this?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:36 pm

lucky3 wrote:@aruni, my doubt is like can't I simply keep the amount in my salary account for 3 months and use it as proof? are there any rules for this?
Yes, that is the easiest and simplest way. But, the OP has his amount in a FD so he was enquiring about the best way to show the maintenance.

avkreddy1976
Newly Registered

Post by avkreddy1976 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Finally I got the letter from the bank with Name, address, bank name and address with logo.

The following statement is put in the letter on FD: "The fixed deposit does not have any lien and can be liquidated at any time with duly discharge by the account holders".

Is this statement accepted by EC and please let me know if any correction have to be made. I planning to submit by Monday.

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:36 am

hi,
were you successful in submitting a statement from the bank as proof for maintenance?

avkreddy1976
Newly Registered

Post by avkreddy1976 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:43 pm

ukdiscuss wrote:hi,
were you successful in submitting a statement from the bank as proof for maintenance?
I have to submit bank letter and then check if it goes through.

dh152226
Newly Registered

Post by dh152226 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:13 am

Hi avkreddy1976 ,

have you got work permit based on bank letter.

I am also going to submit bank letter only for maintanice fund proof.

So What you advice should I get letter from bank or shall I deposit my all mony in saving account for 3 months.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:00 am

Number of applicants have received Visa using Fixed deposit.

I have created an application for my friend and he used FD for the same.

Only critical line in the letter is:

'The FD can be liquidated by the holder at any given moment on the instruction of the holder.'

Clearly mention your name, dates and the amount in FD. No need to put in GBP. Case worker would convert that into GBP and verify independently in any case.
Thanks,
Sumit.