ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone Traveling to U.K in April 2010 for JOB search?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahajanvivek

Anyone Traveling to U.K in April 2010 for JOB search?

Post by mahajanvivek » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:28 am

Hi all. I am planning to go to UK in first or second week of APRIL and start my job search. If any one is planning around the same time then let me know and we can share our experiences. PM or leave a message here and i will PM you with email details.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Anyone Traveling to U.K in April 2010 for JOB search?

Post by katanayi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:01 am

mahajanvivek wrote:Hi all. I am planning to go to UK in first or second week of APRIL and start my job search. If any one is planning around the same time then let me know and we can share our experiences. PM or leave a message here and i will PM you with email details.

me too planning , but have not booked ticket. where exacty ur going?
from where ?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:30 pm

Good luck in your endeavours. Not a good time to be looking for skilled employment though.

raghava39@rediffmail.com

Post by raghava39@rediffmail.com » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:41 pm

Market may be slowly picking up. Anyways it is best to try and hope for the best. Here I will quote Architect from Matrix Reloaded

" Humph. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness. (Courtesy: IMDB)
Ignoring the last part of the quote , first part gives the essence of life.

Thanks
Raghavendran G

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:23 am

katanayi wrote:
mahajanvivek wrote:Hi all. I am planning to go to UK in first or second week of APRIL and start my job search. If any one is planning around the same time then let me know and we can share our experiences. PM or leave a message here and i will PM you with email details.

from where ?
I am flying on 30th March and will be staying in middlesex.I am flying from Auckland to Delhi and staying in India for about 10 days and then flying from Delhi. Have you got any dates planned ?

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:15 pm

I am also planning to leave by same date from Delhi only...
Which airline you have booked your ticket...
mahajanvivek wrote:
katanayi wrote:

from where ?
I am flying on 30th March and will be staying in middlesex.I am flying from Auckland to Delhi and staying in India for about 10 days and then flying from Delhi. Have you got any dates planned ?
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:19 am

Don't forget about Easter holidays in UK (2th to 5th of April) - job market typically slows down around Easter.

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:46 am

smarty1277 wrote:I am also planning to leave by same date from Delhi only...
Which airline you have booked your ticket...
mahajanvivek wrote:
katanayi wrote:

from where ?

I am flying kingfisher. What about you ???

demur123

Post by demur123 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:13 am

I dont want to dissapoint people in writing this in here but I have done Masters in England. 5 years experience in Java/Unix. Applied for 10,000 jobs and more but still got no job. Atlast i got the job in TESCO and I look for IT JObs on the weekends. I am sure you people will find something out and if u do, let me know too

manishjain888
Newly Registered

Travelling on 11th April, 2010

Post by manishjain888 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:21 am

Hi,
I am travelling on 11th April , 2010 on Tier1 and will start looking for a job after that. Anyway travelling on this date , just let me know.

Thanks
Manish Jain

gotiya
Newly Registered

Post by gotiya » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:51 pm

demur123 wrote:I dont want to dissapoint people in writing this in here but I have done Masters in England. 5 years experience in Java/Unix. Applied for 10,000 jobs and more but still got no job. Atlast i got the job in TESCO and I look for IT JObs on the weekends. I am sure you people will find something out and if u do, let me know too
what visa do you hold... tier 1? Until when is your visa valid?

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 am

Hi demur123,

I am sorry to hear its been tough going for you. Just want to give you hope by saying that there are jobs in Java/J2EE in the UK. Not sure of your particular expertise but I myself have 4yrs in the J2EE domain but now moved on to analysis. But I do also have a huge number of J2EE friends in the UK who are employed and busy with work.

As you have done your Masters it should help but MSc in the UK is different than that in the US. Also your Masters must strengthen your expertise else it is of no use at all.
Wish you better luck ahead and at cracking the UK job market. The J2EE and Java market is much better than many other IT and non-IT Sectors so you will be successful soon. It's not a cakewalk but persistance and hard work pays off in the end!

Cheers
KP