ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing times for Delhi

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

insomniac

Processing times for Delhi

Post by insomniac » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:58 am

Hello,

I've lived in the UK since 2007. I was initially granted an 18-month permit and then an additional 5-year FLR permit after the initial period was over, that expires in 2013.

I am in the processing of changing employers, and the lawyers for the new employer told me that I would need to get another visa endorsed in my passport, because my existing work permit is not transferrable. They went through the motions, and issued me with a Certificate of Sponsorship, and a letter stating that the employer was an A-rated sponsor, a letter of one month's support, an 800 GBP guarantee and all supporting documents.

They also told me that it would take approximately 2 weeks to get the visa done in Delhi and 6 weeks in the UK, so I decided to take the first option and combine it with a holiday.

The following website (http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes) states that 75% of all Tier 2 applications are processed within 5 days. I'm on my 7th day and the status is still "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission."

Can anybody give me some clarity on realistic processing times?

Thank you.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:18 pm

5days can be average time.. so give them some time and every application is different so you shd wait the minimum time of 2weeks before pressing the panic button..

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:38 pm

hi ramesh,

For my tier 1 it has already been 15 working day today and their guidance says that delhi BHC processes 95% cases within 15 working days..Is it advisable for me to contact BHC delhi visa office for enquiry? I read somewhere in this forum that more you call more delay will happen..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:59 pm

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:hi ramesh,

For my tier 1 it has already been 15 working day today and their guidance says that delhi BHC processes 95% cases within 15 working days..Is it advisable for me to contact BHC delhi visa office for enquiry? I read somewhere in this forum that more you call more delay will happen..
In india i dont think there is a phone facility where they will tell u the status of the visa application apart from the support team contacts in respective metro cities.. you get all your updates on the mobile no u provided??

for tier1(G) avg time taken is 10-12 working days should be minimum so dont panic as it is much better than 5-6weeks time in UK..

insomniac

Post by insomniac » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:06 am

Unfortunately still no news, and now it's been 3 weeks.

Given the fact that I'v already lived and worked in the UK for 3 years, had FLR till 2013 with my previous employer and that my prospective employer is an A-rated sponsor, what grounds can the work permit be rejected on?

I think I would have been better of applying for this in the UK itself.

PS - If it helps my case, I have a masters and PhD from a top US university and worked in both New York and San Francisco before moving out to the UK.