ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport stolen in uk

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niravm

passport stolen in uk

Post by niravm » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:20 pm

Hi,
my wife's Indian passport get stolen and she has uk visa on that passport.

what is the process to get new new passport ? do she need photocopy of old passport i think i don't have any ?

2) Does she need uk visa on new passport?

umb

Post by umb » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 pm

You should contact indian embassy to find out how to get new passport in case old one stolen. Every country have different procedures but I think most of them require a police report number and photocopies of passport. Best thing is to contact the embassy.

As far as visa is concerned, I think you'll have to have visa on the new passport(not required if you can have old passport attached to the new one, which you don't have as it is stolen)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:33 pm

You can find useful information at this link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/while ... edocument/
Lost or stolen travel document
If your travel document has been lost or stolen, you must notify your nearest police station. The police officer who takes your report will give you confirmation of the report, including a crime reference number.

If you have lost your travel document in the United Kingdom, you can apply for a replacement. You should complete the application form in full and send it to us with two photographs, the fee, the original police confirmation that you have reported the loss, and a full explanation of how it was lost. You will need to have section 8 of the form completed by a professional person, who must also confirm that the photographs are of you, as detailed in Completing the form.

Applications to replace lost documents can take much longer to process than normal applications. This is because we need to fully investigate the loss.

niravm

is travel document is visa?

Post by niravm » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:56 pm

hi ramesh,
i gone though your link,
does it mean travel document is visa?
because once i get new passport from Indian embassy london, i have to apply for visa isnt it?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Yes Travel document is the common word used for Valid visa.. yes you need to first post a police complaint and get new passport and then you shd apply for tranferring your visa to ur new passport following the procedure show in the link