ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:29 pm

citizen1000 wrote:TODAY I FOUND THAT THAT HOME OFFICE DOES NOT MOVE FORWARD BUT ACTUALLY MOVE BACKWARD.
MORE THAN ONE WEEK BACK I WAS TOLD THAT MY CASE IS BEING CONSIDERED, EVEN LAST WEEK THEY SAID THAT MY CASE IS BEING CONSIDERED.
I PHONED TODAY & THE LADY SAID THAT YOUR APPLICATION IS AWAITING TO BE ALLOCATED TO A CASE WORKER. WHEN I ASKED WHAT DOES BEING CONSIDERED MEAN SO SHE SAID TILL THE APPLICATION IS DECIDED IT IS CALLED BEING CONSIDERED FORM THE THE START TILL THE END.
I APPLIED ON 10/02.2010 & THEY ARE STILL DOING CHECKS & AWAITING TO BE ALLOCATED TO CASE WORKER
REDICOULOUS
Maybe it depends on who you speak to. It might be worth asking for all instances at what stage the application has got to and implicitly ask -

1. 'has it got passed the initial checks?'

2. 'Is it with the caseworking team awaiting allocation?'

3. 'Has it been allocated to a caseworker and is under consideration?'

We know at least from past posts here that the stages above are roughly what stages applications go through.

I suppose without asking implicitly, depending on the telephone operator you speak to (and how efficient or thorough they are in their job), 'under consideration' may mean anything from when they receive the application to the actual approval stage!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:52 pm

Thanks kindley and yarons.

kindley

Post by kindley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 pm

I agree with what a lot people on here have said. To be honest, speculations and counter speculations are just about right.

I believe the speed of an application depends on few variables i.e the efficiency and how busy the assigned caseworker and the particular unit are.
Last edited by kindley on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Another update!

Someone from UKBA (HO) rang me this afternoon regarding my application (I'm assuming he is the caseworker who is working on my file). He just wanted to know a few details re: my change of name as I had changed my surname from my birth name to that of my step father's a while ago by deed poll and also where I planned to live once I received my citizenship (if outside of the UK). I just confirmed the change to them and told them I plan to live indefinitely in the UK as it is now my home, am a homeowner and I've got a mortgage!

He said that he will be looking at my application this afternoon and tomorrow morning. I asked if I'm likely to get a decision within the next couple of days and he said he needs to look through the rest of the application before a decision can be made. Assuming that nothing is wrong and everything is straightforward then I should hopefully have a decision soon!

Fingers crossed! :D At the least, I know that it is definitely under consideration and a caseworker is working on my application now!

For those who keeps getting the 6 month strap line when ringing for an update, ring again and you should get a helpful person. My friend rang this afternoon and got the chap who wasn't very helpful and just gave the 6 month standard reply without checking details and he rang again and got another oprative who was helpful and gave him the status update on his application!

navnas

Post by navnas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Hello every body , i have almost finished my journey ,

updated timlines:

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 10/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: 11/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5yrs + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 16/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 20/02/2010 (Dated 16/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 13/03/2010 dated 05/03/10
Date of citizenship Ceremony :15/04/10

Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Thanks for all of you guys for the advice and moral support.

Goodluck to all those who are waiting ! i can understand the tension in which you need to go during the wait time !

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 pm

An update:

NCS or Postal : NCS Newham
Date of submission or posting : 03/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: 04 /02/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British - 3 years
Date of debit of Card : 09/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 11/02/2010 (Dated 09/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 15/03/2010 (Dated 06/03/2010)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 20/03/2010

Top paragraph process is completed.

yarons

Post by yarons » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:02 pm

navnas wrote:Hello every body , i have almost finished my journey ,

updated timlines:

Date recieved by HO: 11/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5yrs + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 16/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 20/02/2010 (Dated 16/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 13/03/2010 dated 05/03/10
Date of citizenship Ceremony :15/04/10

Thanks for all of you guys for the advice and moral support.

Goodluck to all those who are waiting ! i can understand the tension in which you need to go during the wait time !
Congrats! I'm really pleased for you :)

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:39 am

congratulation . you got ceremony date within 5 days. immpressive!
eliasuk4u wrote:An update:

NCS or Postal : NCS Newham
Date of submission or posting : 03/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: 04 /02/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British - 3 years
Date of debit of Card : 09/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 11/02/2010 (Dated 09/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 15/03/2010 (Dated 06/03/2010)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 20/03/2010

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:40 am

An Update : I managed to get through a nice lady this morning and I was advised that my application has yet to be allocated to a caseworker. Not sure whether the initial checks are completed or not. Tim Bhai any updates from your side? I suppose once it is passed on to a caseworker it must take them no more than a couple of days or even less to make a decision given that the application is pretty straight forward.

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:37 am

Brightest Star wrote:An Update : I managed to get through a nice lady this morning and I was advised that my application has yet to be allocated to a caseworker. Not sure whether the initial checks are completed or not. Tim Bhai any updates from your side? I suppose once it is passed on to a caseworker it must take them no more than a couple of days or even less to make a decision given that the application is pretty straight forward.
Brightest S, when did the HO receive you application?

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:20 pm

kindley wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:An Update : I managed to get through a nice lady this morning and I was advised that my application has yet to be allocated to a caseworker. Not sure whether the initial checks are completed or not. Tim Bhai any updates from your side? I suppose once it is passed on to a caseworker it must take them no more than a couple of days or even less to make a decision given that the application is pretty straight forward.
Brightest S, when did the HO receive you application?
Kindley, HO received my application on 3rd March 2010 and deducted the fees on 05th March 2010. What are your timelines.

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:10 pm

My NCS Sheffield application received 9th Mar and money deducted today. What took them that long? Is this normal?

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Hesham wrote:My NCS Sheffield application received 9th Mar and money deducted today. What took them that long? Is this normal?

Well not sure buddy why they took so long to deduct the money. Have you called them up yet for an update?

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Hesham wrote:My NCS Sheffield application received 9th Mar and money deducted today. What took them that long? Is this normal?
Thats not really very long. 7 days with 2 lost due to the weekend. I applied on 12 January and money left the account on the 18th - 6 days.

The most important thing is that the payment has been cleared and the first step in out of the way. You should get an acknowledgement letter later this week.

Regards - Spartac

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:28 pm

If NCS, which centre : Maidstone Kent
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) Judicial review HSMP
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 23/02/2010. Dated 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of approval pending
Date of Ceremony pending
Date of appln. for passport pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

HI EVERYONE. I THOUGHT WILL SHARE AN UPDATE WITH YOU.
I had called yesterday & spoke to lady who said that my application was awaiting to allocated to case working team. This message was a bit different than other advisers because even last week the telephone advisors said that my application was under consideration.

THEREFORE I CALLED HOME OFFICE AGAIN TODAY AT ABOUT 15:00 & SPOKE TO A NICE CHAP WHO SAID THAT IT SEEMS THAT A DECISION WAS MADE TODAY ON MY APPLICATION. HE SAID THAT HE CAN NOT TELL ME WHAT THE DECISION IS BUT SAID TO WAIT FOR POST & FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ON THE LETTER.
nOW I HOPE THAT INSHALLAH THE DECISION WILL BE A POSITIVE ONE.
SO MY POINT IS THAT IT ALSO DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF ADVISER YOU SPEAK TO. SOME ARE VAGUE & SOME GIVE GOOD INFORMATION.

THOSE WHO HAVE GOT THEIR LETTERS, CAN THEY TELL ME HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DISPATCH THE LETTER?

MANY THANKS & GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:15 pm

citizen1000 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Maidstone Kent
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) Judicial review HSMP
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 23/02/2010. Dated 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of approval pending
Date of Ceremony pending
Date of appln. for passport pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

HI EVERYONE. I THOUGHT WILL SHARE AN UPDATE WITH YOU.
I had called yesterday & spoke to lady who said that my application was awaiting to allocated to case working team. This message was a bit different than other advisers because even last week the telephone advisors said that my application was under consideration.

THEREFORE I CALLED HOME OFFICE AGAIN TODAY AT ABOUT 15:00 & SPOKE TO A NICE CHAP WHO SAID THAT IT SEEMS THAT A DECISION WAS MADE TODAY ON MY APPLICATION. HE SAID THAT HE CAN NOT TELL ME WHAT THE DECISION IS BUT SAID TO WAIT FOR POST & FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ON THE LETTER.
nOW I HOPE THAT INSHALLAH THE DECISION WILL BE A POSITIVE ONE.
SO MY POINT IS THAT IT ALSO DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF ADVISER YOU SPEAK TO. SOME ARE VAGUE & SOME GIVE GOOD INFORMATION.

THOSE WHO HAVE GOT THEIR LETTERS, CAN THEY TELL ME HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DISPATCH THE LETTER?

Inshallah Brother....do not worry you will have a positive decision.

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:35 pm

Brightest Star

Inshallah Brother....do not worry you will have a positive decision.[/quote]

Thanks brother

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Update: Rang HO this afternoon to say that I spoke to caseworker yesterday who asked some questions. I then asked if he can see if they have made a decision.

He said application is still under consideration and can see that correspondence has been sent. Does anyone know what this normally means? Does it mean that they need more supporting documentation or I have missed something out?

Surely initial checking should have picked any of these out if it's to do with any missing documents and they could have just phoned me again if it's something that they need clarification on?

Any advice on what this could be please?

Thanks.

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 pm

congratulations, well as i can see homeoffice post the letter 2/3 prior to the day , council receive your certificate. for example, if your council receive certificate every friday which mean ukba will post the approval on wednesday so u can receive it by saturday.

on the same day you recive invitation letter from council as they post the letter by 1st class straight way once they recive ur certificate. so if you ask your council which day they recieve certificate so you get idea.

however 2nd class mail takes sometime bit longer.
citizen1000 wrote:

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Eskar wrote:congratulations, well as i can see homeoffice post the letter 2/3 prior to the day , council receive your certificate. for example, if your council receive certificate every friday which mean ukba will post the approval on wednesday so u can receive it by saturday.

on the same day you recive invitation letter from council as they post the letter by 1st class straight way once they recive ur certificate. so if you ask your council which day they recieve certificate so you get idea.

however 2nd class mail takes sometime bit longer.
citizen1000 wrote:

THANKS ESKAR

gg234

Post by gg234 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:54 pm

Guys,

I am about to apply my passport i have the following question on passport application

Place of Issue of certificate - will this be the local council who did the ceremony or Home Office London as mentioned on certificate?

Thanks

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi Brightest Star,

No update yet. I'll ring on Friday. Inshallah I'm hopefull for a good news.

Regards,

Tim
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Hi Brightest Star,

Regards,

Tim
Tim555,

Wish you and everyone including myself the best of luck!

Regards

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:27 pm

kindley wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Hi Brightest Star,

Regards,

Tim
Tim555,

Wish you and everyone including myself the best of luck!

Regards
Thanks Kindley :)
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi guys, regarding my application when they said that correspondence has been sent but application is still under consideration. Could the correspondence be that they have sent my original supporting documents back?

I didn't go through NCS so had to send in original passport and supporting docs.

Has anyone else just done a postal application? For those who did, when did they send the original documents back? Prior to you receiving the approval letter back or after approval?

If anyone can shed any light, I'd be grateful.

I'm racking my brains as to what this correspondence could be as I've made sure that I'd included everything and everything was signed according to the requirements!