ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSU STRIKE ACTION 08/03/2010 ILR ON HOLD

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks Bani. And I wish all still waiting good luck also.

Posidon
Newly Registered

Re: PSU STRIKE ACTION 08/03/2010 ILR ON HOLD

Post by Posidon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi M_man... i was at Croydon too on 8th March Morning and still waiting like you... will update here if I hear anything...request you to do the same,
Wish it had come before weekend, it is depressing to wait, first struggled to get appointment for about a month and now after paying premium fees, the waiting phenomena still stuck with me

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:29 pm

sure posidon will do ....
i hope it comes on monday verytrue after paying the premium we have to wait till dunno wen

lets keep our fingers crossed 8)

Posidon
Newly Registered

Post by Posidon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:45 am

Hi m_man... just received my passports by post with a stamp ending the ever lasting wait...hope you get it soon... thx.. posi

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Congratualtions Posidon! Wishing all of us that are waiting for our passports best of luck.

I am happy for you mate in that all anxiety are now extinguished!

Posidon
Newly Registered

Post by Posidon » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:55 pm

thanks buddy..my observation is all those who applied on Monday 8th were decided on Thursday but no call were made and sent by post... all those who applied on Tuesday 9th were decided on Friday and did receive calls... so the ones who are waiting but did apply on Monday are not likely to get calls but will receive their post straightaway... its just an observation based on inputs here on the forum... i sincerely hope all genuine applicants will receive it soon

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:14 pm

It depend on the caseworker and/or PEO location. I attended PEO Cardiff, the caseworker told that he would call me but I just recieved my document back on Saturday Morning with letter (ICD.2635) stating confirmation of settlement and that my Passports has been sent for ILR sticker on it.

There was no call even up till this moment...so I just think it depend on the individual because what happened (when there is strike) does not have any laid down policy as to how to communicate to applicant so you may be called or not but you will definitely receive a letter communication.

That's my observation or what do you think?
Last edited by iyanu on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:05 am

I got a phone call on Friday that I have been granted ILR and I opted to collect my passport from Croydon PEO. However, When I went to pick my passport, they said that it has been posted to your address. They further gave me Royal First Class Mail tracking ID, which is of no use untill it gets delivered. So I am still waiting for my passport.

Has anybody got similar experience?

web2005

Post by web2005 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 am

sfjeelani wrote:I got a phone call on Friday that I have been granted ILR and I opted to collect my passport from Croydon PEO. However, When I went to pick my passport, they said that it has been posted to your address. They further gave me Royal First Class Mail tracking ID, which is of no use untill it gets delivered. So I am still waiting for my passport.

I am also still waiting for my passport to be delivered. I opted to receive by post.

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 am

Guys

Can I have a format of the cover letter you submitted along with your application please?

We are due to apply next monday and unable to decide as to what to write.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:44 am

positivesolitude wrote:Guys

Can I have a format of the cover letter you submitted along with your application please?

We are due to apply next monday and unable to decide as to what to write.
You don't need covering letter for ILR application.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:43 pm

positivesolitude, I think if you are applying through postal application you may use cover letter but with a Premium Service, there is no need for a cover letter.

And if you insist, there are some post in the forum where you can get sample cover letter(s) that you could choose from anyway. Try and search the other links and see!
Last edited by iyanu on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:18 pm

web2005 wrote:
sfjeelani wrote:I got a phone call on Friday that I have been granted ILR and I opted to collect my passport from Croydon PEO. However, When I went to pick my passport, they said that it has been posted to your address. They further gave me Royal First Class Mail tracking ID, which is of no use untill it gets delivered. So I am still waiting for my passport.

I am also still waiting for my passport to be delivered. I opted to receive by post.
Keep us posted, web2005. Will you? and I will update you as soon as I get it.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:42 pm

sfjeelani wrote:
web2005 wrote:

Keep us posted, web2005. Will you? and I will update you as soon as I get it.
sfjeelani: I will kep you updated. I was expecting the passports to arrive today :(

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:10 pm

So was I.... I tried to check with Royal Mail but they couldn't confirm anything with regards to the tracking ID, HO gave me.

Did you go to Croydon Office on 9th Mar? It looks like most of us who went there on 9th, didn't receive their passports...Do you know anybody else who is still waiting for passports?

Hopefully it wouldn't be too long?

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:48 pm

hey guys received the passport this morning with a swee ttlittle sticker

guess all yours should be arriving tommorrow

sfjeelani and web 2005 can understand ur worries but i guess there was no system to deal with this situation

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Congrats m_man1 alot.

I hope we get ours tommorrow. Big relief, isn't it?

web2005

Post by web2005 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Congratulation m_man1. I hope we receive ours tomorrow.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Congratulations m_man1! Hope ours arrive tomorrow.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:36 am

This morning exactly 07:15 A.M. the post man delivered our passports with ILR stamped in it.

Although, it was a surprise that the ILR start date was not back dated to November 2009 (exact date for ILR qualification) instead they stamped March-2010 cutting off 4 months away from our qualifying period as I applied under the HSMP JR.

Do you think if I write the UKBA to ask for date change to Nov. 2009, it will be granted or has anybody under the HSMP JR had this experience before overturned?

Thanks once again to every contributors in this forum who helped us the way and to those who are still expecting or waiting I wish also good luck.

Yes, I was at PEO Cardiff Tuesday (09/03/2010) for appointment, was told they do not have facility to print ILR but will be sent to Sheffield if/when approved.

Caseworker at the Counter called me and took all my documents and passports for initial checks, ask me to pay after he said he is ok with what I have given him but another caseworker will still have to check and approved.

Was call in by another case worker later after about 2 hours and ask me question about my P60s as I have a mix of working for different employers and self-employment( own company)

After about another two hour came out and told me they could not make any decision because of strike and that he will get back to me today.

I asked of my document but was told will still need some information back from other agencies because they are on strike he could not get it and so if approved will send my document to me and send our passports to Sheffield for ILR and if not approved will send everything back to me.

Asked him if he is holding my document because he was not satisfied with my evidences but he said that no he is satisfied so far with what he had seen but will need to do security checks before he could make a decision.

Thats my story so far!
I received this morning from PEO Cardiff all my documents excluding our passports.

There are two letters (ICD.2635) with CASE IDs but no names were attached.
The following were written on the letters:
Confirmation of your entitlement to remain in the United Kingdom will be endorsed in your Passport and return to you in due course.
I take this as ILR has been approved and all we are waiting for now is our passports with ILR endorsed.

So fingers cross as we wait patiently.

Documents Submitted:
1 Application form SET (O) Paid by cash.
2 Two recent passport photographs (main applicant and dependent).
3 Current passport- 2 (main applicant, dependent)
4 Original HSMP approval letter.
5 Contract of employment letter.
6. Company Bank statements – 1 year.
7. HMR&C letter of Acknowledgement of my company tax returns period '07 & '08.(that was the last time the company traded).
8. Selfbilling Invoices & Remittance statements for the 4 months I have worked before I applied.( My tax return will only due in May 2010).
9 Bank statements – 1 year.
10 Pay slips – 1 Year.
11 P60 – 4 years.

Many thanks to all of you guys in these forum, I really appreciate all the contributions that have made this possible from getting HSMP to ILR now, since I have joined in 2005.

It really well worth it, thanks guys!