ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which applicationform for Work permit holder dependant in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dgorgeous
Newly Registered

Which applicationform for Work permit holder dependant in UK

Post by dgorgeous » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

I have the old work permit and just had a baby. I am confused about the right application form to apply for dependant visa for my baby. Also I don't know if I have to take my baby to the home office for biometric information to be taken.

Please I will appreciate if someone could provide information asap.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:07 pm

I believe you have to use the PBS dependent form to apply for leave to remain for your child.

regards

temo
Newly Registered

Post by temo » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:54 pm

I have the old work permit and just had a baby. I am confused about the right application form to apply for dependant visa for my baby. Also I don't know if I have to take my baby to the home office for biometric information to be taken.
I called the Home Office (HO) last week for the same purpose, and here are the notes I've taken:

You need to use FLR(O) and in the category say other

- Applicat details: enter the baby details.
- Dependant : leave this blank
- Section 3 Category : Choose other and in the details say, Son/daugher born in UK of a Work permit holder.
- Finances: enter your son's detail (I found this weird, but the lady from HO confirmed that I need to fill out the baby's details) so I'm going to answer Yes for 4.4 and enter an estimate value in the box
- Documents you need to associate: Bank statements, letter from your employer, both your passports, 2 passport size photos and baby's birth certificate.

You can apply by post and 60-65% of the applications are processed within 4 weeks. or you can apply in person and you don't need to take the baby with you. (so no biometric information is taken).

Saying all this my baby was born Oct/2009 and I've not applied yet :S (a bit lazy).

Hope this helps.

Good luck, T