ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the limit to enter UK within 28 days?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smarty1277

What is the limit to enter UK within 28 days?

Post by smarty1277 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi All,

I have seen so many time this entering UK within 28 days limit comes in picture when talking about ILR. Please let me know what is this rule for. I know about the rule that states that you cannot stay outside UK for more than 90 days at a strech and 180 days in 5 years rule. Please let me know so that I can plan my travel accordingly. Thanks.
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 am

Last edited by vinny on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:07 pm

The reason why seniors advice new applicants (NA) to enter within 28days is, so that the NA can apply for ILR with just 1 extension of their current visa(as long as the ILR rules as of today); if not the NA have to go for 2nd extension..

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:44 am

Hi,
is there any strick rule that a person holding a Tier 1 should enter with in 28 days else it will be cancelled?

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:51 am

I am confused now. I checked on Yahoo ansewers and see what I got...

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 207AAnH0RP

"They will 'sit' on the application till the missing days have elapsed, and then issue the new SET visa. You are automatically extended while in application. More than 90 days and you have to get a FLR (further leave to remain) visa to cover the missing period or apply for an extension in the catagory of your existing or other visa."

From what I understand from this is that if you enter between 28 days and 90 days, say 40 days for example, then when you apply for ilr after 5 years, they will postpone your application processing by 12 days (40-28=12) (which he means by 'sitting' on the visa application) and you will get ilr in 5years+12 days. So effectively you are automatically extended by 12 days (which he says 'automaticaly extended while in application').

However, if you enter after 90 days, then you must apply for another visa extension (which he says FLR or some other extension), to cover the missing days (90+ days).

So effectively, it seems to me that if you enter within 90 days then you don't need to apply for additional extension. Whatever days are missing (<90 days) will be adjusted by the same number of days, when you apply for ilr.

what say?
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:52 am

smarty1277 wrote:I am confused now. I checked on Yahoo ansewers and see what I got...

"They will 'sit' on the application till the missing days have elapsed, and then issue the new SET visa. You are automatically extended while in application. More than 90 days and you have to get a FLR (further leave to remain) visa to cover the missing period or apply for an extension in the catagory of your existing or other visa."

From what I understand from this is that if you enter between 28 days and 90 days, say 40 days for example, then when you apply for ilr after 5 years, they will postpone your application processing by 12 days (40-28=12) (which he means by 'sitting' on the visa application) and you will get ilr in 5years+12 days. So effectively you are automatically extended by 12 days (which he says 'automaticaly extended while in application').

However, if you enter after 90 days, then you must apply for another visa extension (which he says FLR or some other extension), to cover the missing days (90+ days).

So effectively, it seems to me that if you enter within 90 days then you don't need to apply for additional extension. Whatever days are missing (<90 days) will be adjusted by the same number of days, when you apply for ilr.

what say?
I would be delighted to see some documentary evidence from the HO regarding this.

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:21 am

All are just calculations and speculations...
Just wanted to know how this 28 days limit is calculated...
aruni4470 wrote:
smarty1277 wrote:I am confused now. I checked on Yahoo ansewers and see what I got...

what say?
I would be delighted to see some documentary evidence from the HO regarding this.