ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

-------------------------

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodtimeassured

-------------------------

Post by goodtimeassured » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:19 pm

--------------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:26 pm

Common Consular Instructions, VII. 4.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:34 pm

------------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Copy the CCI in the language of the embassy your are dealing with and show it to them. Let your spouse read the CCI in his/her language.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:54 pm

--------------------

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:11 pm

You originally asked about a free visa which I would understand as in free of charge. Would you have typed the three words I gave you in my first reply into a seach engine you could have found http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... %29:EN:NOT . Further rules can be found in Articles 5 and 6 of the Directive 2004/38/EC, which says that there a no further conditions for entry except valid travel documents and a proof of relationship.

You would only not need a Schengen visa if you hold a valid residence card. If you really think that you don't need a visa why do you bother with this embassy at all?

stmellon

Re: Help Needed urgently

Post by stmellon » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm

goodtimeassured wrote:I know this question had been asked many times on this forum and I am sure there could be an answer somewhere here.
But you couldn't be bothered to look. Hmmm. :roll: Check out the Directive 2004/38/EC thread - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=15545

86ti has given you the link to the info that you need. For the benefit of others, which embassy are you applying to? It's useful to know which embassies are being difficult about travel for non-EEA spouses.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:36 pm

---------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 pm

goodtimeassured wrote: I was nt even provided with the rejection letter in English to understand whats wrong.
Maybe they did you a favour? You said yourself...
goodtimeassured wrote:my english is not that good to follow
:roll:

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:41 pm

-----------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Rozen wrote:
goodtimeassured wrote: I was nt even provided with the rejection letter in English to understand whats wrong.
Maybe they did you a favour? You said yourself...
goodtimeassured wrote:my english is not that good to follow
:roll:
Caught redhanded?

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:50 pm

-------------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:27 pm

--------------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koded

Post by koded » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:34 am

Your explanation of your situation is confusing and straight forward. You need to explain your circumstances very well for people to help you.
You did not provide the fact about your wife or husband. Is she or he with you at the moment or is she in the country you are applying for the entry visa.
Well, since you are apply for visa from outside EU zone mostly from 3rd world country. I think it is in your interest to dance a little bit to their tone. You may provide some of the documents they require from you but you need to remind them that those are not part of the requirements. For instance, if they ask you for bank statement you can get one for them even if you don't have money on it. You can as well provide insurance of 2 weeks. Just to satisfy the entry requirements.
So reapply and provide some of those documents.
Good luck.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 am

[-----------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koded

Post by koded » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 am

Since you told them that you are going only for a visit then you may provide them with itenerary and also travel insurance. though not required. Not all the New eu countries embassies that their consular knows much about the EU laws. So for you to save time and avoid much argument you should provide them with some of what the need from you.
To help you a bit as regard to the itenerary, you can say to them you and your wife want to go and meet her family.
How long have you been married and how long have you been living together?

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:04 am

------------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm

-------------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koded

Post by koded » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:01 pm

goodtimeassured wrote:Hi all,

my entry visa is rejected again on the grounds that the embassy is not sure if i will return to my country of origin. They are completely ignoring the directive and I am not sure what to do. Can someone help please~? can some one suggest an embassy who is easy on the entry visa for an EU spouse? or any ways to seek help
Which country is your spouse? and which country are you applying for their entry visa?
How long have you been married or been together?
If you are apply from any country other than where your spouse is from I think it will be much difficult for them to grant you the visa. Especially when they think they marriage is not real.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:28 pm

----------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

koded

Post by koded » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 pm

first, I will say you made a mistake by applying for visa immediately after your marriage. Most countries in Europe regard quick application of visa immediately after marriage as bogus marriage.
But that shouldn't worry much since the mistake have been made. You need to retrace your step.
Does your wife reside in Netherland?
I will advise you to apply for Uk family permit visa. Your wife has to go to Uk first and search for job if she is not working and after that you can make application at Uk embassy in your country.
Applying for schengen visa will not help you as most other EU countries will still refuse you or rather will not consider your application. They will ask you to go to your wife's country embassy to make an application for visa. Which I think is what Netherland was trying to say to you.
Appeal for the refusal will take you much time since you are applying in developing nation. the only thing that can hesitate that is if your wife appeal the decision from the country she lives. I mean if she live in the country you are applying for the visa.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:34 am

------------------------

koded

Post by koded » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:12 am

which country are you residing presently?
From your previous post I can understand you made an application for Uk when you were not married. that is why you have to pay for visa fee but now that your circumstance have changed you wont be changed visa fee. But it will be better your wife should go back first to Uk and search for job and after that you can apply for Uk visa.
It is likely that other Eu countries will refuse you visa after seeing that Uk refused you. So it will be better for you to be patient and plan for your next visa application which I believe you will be issued visa if your wife should find job.
If your wife is to be from other eu countries execpt UK and Ireland it will be easier for you to obtain visa without your wife working.
You are right about the way some countries implement the EU Directives.

goodtimeassured

Post by goodtimeassured » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:50 am

-----------------
Last edited by goodtimeassured on Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:58 am

goodtimeassured wrote:
koded wrote:which country are you residing presently?
From your previous post I can understand you made an application for Uk when you were not married. that is why you have to pay for visa fee but now that your circumstance have changed you wont be changed visa fee. But it will be better your wife should go back first to Uk and search for job and after that you can apply for Uk visa.
It is likely that other Eu countries will refuse you visa after seeing that Uk refused you. So it will be better for you to be patient and plan for your next visa application which I believe you will be issued visa if your wife should find job.
If your wife is to be from other eu countries execpt UK and Ireland it will be easier for you to obtain visa without your wife working.
You are right about the way some countries implement the EU Directives.
HI Koded,

Thanks for your help , I really appreciate it. Currently I am in thailand on a holiday and had been applying from BKK. I have checked the UK VFS site in India it says Family member of an EEA national Free of charge. Now I am not sure if UK treats their national as EEA or under EU law. On top of it the HO asks for way too many documents than the EU entry visa would. I am not sure why why would u suggest me to apply for UK since as per the directive I should get an entry visa to any EU country without any hassle.Since We are genuine I dont mind going that way. If you are talking about the time I would need to spennd for the EU process I am ready to wait raher than going to UK HO. I forgot to mention one more thing I have a brand new passport right now as my old passport with UK rejection has been damaged and I was refused to travel on that. so the new passport has 2 NL rejections (Awsome). What do I do?
You can't apply for EEA FP as ur spouse is not exercising a treaty right.

For the benefit of others, might be prudent to read the OP's previous thread...

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=331157
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....