ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WAITING TIME FOR ILR UNDER PREMIUM SERVICE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:38 am

This morning exactly 07:15 A.M. the post man delivered our passports with ILR stamped in it.

Although, it was a surprise that the ILR start date was not back dated to November 2009 (exact date for ILR qualification) instead they stamped March-2010 cutting off 4 months away from our qualifying period as I applied under the HSMP JR.

Do you think if I write the UKBA to ask for date change to Nov. 2009, it will be granted or has anybody under the HSMP JR had this experience before overturned?

Thanks once again to every contributors in this forum who helped us the way and to those who are still expecting or waiting I wish also good luck.

Yes, I was at PEO Cardiff Tuesday (09/03/2010) for appointment, was told they do not have facility to print ILR but will be sent to Sheffield if/when approved.

Caseworker at the Counter called me and took all my documents and passports for initial checks, ask me to pay after he said he is ok with what I have given him but another caseworker will still have to check and approved.

Was call in by another case worker later after about 2 hours and ask me question about my P60s as I have a mix of working for different employers and self-employment( own company)

After about another two hour came out and told me they could not make any decision because of strike and that he will get back to me today.

I asked of my document but was told will still need some information back from other agencies because they are on strike he could not get it and so if approved will send my document to me and send our passports to Sheffield for ILR and if not approved will send everything back to me.

Asked him if he is holding my document because he was not satisfied with my evidences but he said that no he is satisfied so far with what he had seen but will need to do security checks before he could make a decision.

Thats my story so far!
I received this morning from PEO Cardiff all my documents excluding our passports.

There are two letters (ICD.2635) with CASE IDs but no names were attached.
The following were written on the letters:
Confirmation of your entitlement to remain in the United Kingdom will be endorsed in your Passport and return to you in due course.
I take this as ILR has been approved and all we are waiting for now is our passports with ILR endorsed.

So fingers cross as we wait patiently.

Document Submitted:
1 Application form SET (O) with payment details.
2 Two recent passport photographs (main applicant and dependent).
3 Current passport- 2 (main applicant, dependent)
4 Original HSMP approval letter.
5 Contract of employment letter.
6. Company Bank statements – 1 year.
7. HMR&C letter of Acknowledgement of my company tax returns period '07 & '08.(that was the last time the company traded).
8. Selfbilling Invoices & Remittance statements for the 4 months I have worked before I applied.( My tax return will only due in May 2010).
9 Bank statements – 1 year.
10 Pay slips – 1 Year.
11 P60 – 4 years.

Many thanks to all of you guys in these forum, I really appreciate all the contributions that have made this possible from getting HSMP to ILR now, since I have joined in 2005.

It really well worth it, thanks guys!
Last edited by iyanu on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 am

iyanu wrote:This morning exactly 07:15 A.M. the post man delivered our passports with ILR stamped in it.

Although, it was a surprise that the ILR start date was not back dated to November 2009 (exact date for ILR qualification) instead they stamped March-2010 cutting off 4 months away from our qualifying period as I applied under the HSMP JR.

Do you think I should write the UKBA and get this change to Nov. 2009, has anybody under the HSMP JR had this experience before overturned?

Thanks once again to every contributors in this forum who helped us the way and to those who are still expecting or waiting I wish also good luck.

Yes, I was at PEO Cardiff Tuesday (09/03/2010) for appointment, was told they do not have facility to print ILR but will be sent to Sheffield if/when approved.

Caseworker at the Counter called me and took all my documents and passports for initial checks, ask me to pay after he said he is ok with what I have given him but another caseworker will still have to check and approved.

Was call in by another case worker later after about 2 hours and ask me question about my P60s as I have a mix of working for different employers and self-employment( own company)

After about another two hour came out and told me they could not make any decision because of strike and that he will get back to me today.

I asked of my document but was told will still need some information back from other agencies because they are on strike he could not get it and so if approved will send my document to me and send our passports to Sheffield for ILR and if not approved will send everything back to me.

Asked him if he is holding my document because he was not satisfied with my evidences but he said that no he is satisfied so far with what he had seen but will need to do security checks before he could make a decision.

Thats my story so far!
I received this morning from PEO Cardiff all my documents excluding our passports.

Confirmation of your entitlement to remain in the United Kingdom will be endorsed in your Passport and return to you in due course.
I take this as ILR has been approved and all we are waiting for now is our passports with ILR endorsed.

Document Submitted:
7. HMR&C letter of Acknowledgement of my company tax returns period '07 & '08.(that was the last time the company traded).
8. Selfbilling Invoices & Remittance statements for the 4 months I have worked before I applied.( My tax return will only due in May 2010).
10 Pay slips – 1 Year.
11 P60 – 4 years.

Many thanks to all of you guys in these forum, I really appreciate all the contributions that have made this possible from getting HSMP to ILR now, since I have joined in 2005.

Passport will not be endorsed with backdated ILR instead home office should have given you a backdated ILR letter for citizenship purpose.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks for your reply web2005, but In the letter given it was dated March 2010.

Do you think I should write or call to get it the letter back dated?

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:36 am

Did u get your passport web2005?

I haven't received anything yet.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:39 am

sfjeelani wrote:Did u get your passport web2005?

I haven't received anything yet.
It didn't arrive till I left for work this morning at 8:15. I am hoping it will be delivered sometime today. If not, I will call UKBA later this afternoon to get the update.

Are you also in London?

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:40 am

iyanu wrote:Thanks for your reply web2005, but In the letter given it was dated March 2010.

Do you think I should write or call to get it the letter back dated?
May be you should get clarification on phone first and then if needed write a letter for amended letter.

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:10 pm

I got my passport delivered 15 min ago. End of agony. Thanks for all those who have been contributing to this forum. Much appreciated.

I hope u get yours soon web2005. Yes, I am in London.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Congrats sfjeelani. You must be feeling so relieved!

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:07 pm

web2005 wrote:Congrats sfjeelani. You must be feeling so relieved!
yes, indeed, it's a feeling of relief.

keep us posted when you get yours. Start date on visa is 12 Feb, 10, So I assume it must have been posted on Sat 13 Feb, 10. Anyways, you should be getting yours soon.

Best of Luck!!!

web2005

Post by web2005 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:15 pm

sfjeelani wrote:
web2005 wrote:Congrats sfjeelani. You must be feeling so relieved!
yes, indeed, it's a feeling of relief.

keep us posted when you get yours. Start date on visa is 12 Feb, 10, So I assume it must have been posted on Sat 13 Feb, 10. Anyways, you should be getting yours soon.

Best of Luck!!!
I have also received my passport today. It was delivered during the day while I was at work. Date of endorsement is 12 March 2010. Backdated ILR letters (separate) for myself and wife were also enclosed.

Although I have benefited from this but I feel this is the loophole in the system. My wife is in UK for only 9 months but ILR granted 1 month after her arrival.

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Congrats web2005, how releif you are now, I can imagine! I think under the HSMP JR she is actually qualify as long as she is in the country before you apply.

I can assure you that it was not an oversight, it was the old rule working for you. Congratulations again and good luck in your Naturalization

I have also received my passport today. It was delivered during the day while I was at work. Date of endorsement is 12 March 2010. Backdated ILR letters (separate) for myself and wife were also enclosed.

Although I have benefited from this but I feel this is the loophole in the system. My wife is in UK for only 9 months but ILR granted 1 month after her arrival.

sfjeelani

Post by sfjeelani » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Congrats web2005, misery is finally over for you too:)

All the best in the future.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks sfjeelani and iyanu. At least one less thing to worry about.

smkasim
Newly Registered

Post by smkasim » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi Fastact
Any updates on your ILR.

My application is still pending.

Pls update your status.

hameleon
Newly Registered

Post by hameleon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:25 am

iyanu wrote:

Thats my story so far!

Document Submitted:
10 Pay slips – 1 Year.
11 P60 – 4 years.

Hi, iyanu, I'm new in this forum. Could you tell me, if its not a secret, how much money did you have in bank statements when you apply? And are there any suggestions of min amount of money which should on bank account? I'm work permit 5 yr holder and going to apply in June 2010 for ILR. I didn't change employer

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:07 am

hameleon wrote:
Hi, iyanu, I'm new in this forum. Could you tell me, if its not a secret, how much money did you have in bank statements when you apply? And are there any suggestions of min amount of money which should on bank account? I'm work permit 5 yr holder and going to apply in June 2010 for ILR. I didn't change employer

To tell you the truth, I was only able to have money in my account because I got appointment close to the week I received my salary ( I paid myself actually because I am self employed) but I have started spending it anyway as I had paid my major bills out of it already.

But I think the most important thing is that you are working and it does not really matter how much you have in your bank account.

Atleast your bank statement will show that you are paying your utility bills, I think those are the things they want to see rather than more savings really, but will be nice if you have savings though, but for me I don't have any savings fortunately in this scenario.... :D

And just to let you all know also, especially bani, web2005 & others, who encouraged me to write my caseworker for a backdated letter. I did just that and I have received my backdated letter from the case worker just yesterday, all in less than one week. Thanks! :lol:

smkasim
Newly Registered

Post by smkasim » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:03 am

Hi Fastact
Any news from Home Office.
Its been quite long time for you.

For me, I am still waiting (seven weeks), but this seven weeks is passing like seven years. Its really terrible days.

Pls Reply

krisanj
Newly Registered

Received my ILR

Post by krisanj » Mon May 10, 2010 8:33 pm

My wait for ILR and passport is over. Received my passport today. Timeline for the processing

Solicitor filed application in Croydon : 10/03/2010.
Application was taken as postal due to some "LIVE APPLICATION" pending against my name
ILR stamped on 06/05/2010

Passports received back on 10/05/2010

Took agonising 8 weeks, since expected processing to be done within a day.

smkasim any news on your application.

Good Luck for all of you wiating on your application processing.

Post by 9588 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:58 am

smkasim wrote:Hi Fastact
Any news from Home Office.
Its been quite long time for you.

For me, I am still waiting (seven weeks), but this seven weeks is passing like seven years. Its really terrible days.

Pls Reply
any update on yours application??
its been a long time

Re: Received my ILR

Post by 9588 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:00 am

krisanj wrote:My wait for ILR and passport is over. Received my passport today. Timeline for the processing

Solicitor filed application in Croydon : 10/03/2010.
Application was taken as postal due to some "LIVE APPLICATION" pending against my name
ILR stamped on 06/05/2010

Passports received back on 10/05/2010

Took agonising 8 weeks, since expected processing to be done within a day.

smkasim any news on your application.

Good Luck for all of you wiating on your application processing.
congrt.
have they provided you with a letter back-dating your status to Mar/2010?? if yes you can apply nutraulisation earlier

amarILR
Newly Registered

Post by amarILR » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Need some advise on the Waiting time please...
=============================================
I was at PEO Cardiff Tuesday (21/Oct/2010) for appointment, was told they do not have facility to print ILR but will be sent to Sheffield.

After 2 hours, the another case worker called me and said the ILR has been granted & she gave a letter ICD 2635 with Case id. She returned all my documents & only keep my passports.
The letter ICD 2635 quoted - Confirmation of your entitlement to remain in the United Kingdom will be endorsed in your Passport and return to you by special delivery.
=============================================

Today is 14/Nov/2010 (23 days past) and I still haven't received my passports yet. Kindly request you to please advise whether anyone had the same delays in passport return.

Thanks in Advance...

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Recent applications at Cardiff PEO were taking just over a week to return the passport. You may need to contact them about the delay.

amarILR
Newly Registered

Post by amarILR » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:10 am

Thanks for the reply Casa...

I tried contacting HO couple of times on # 0870 606 7766.
But they are saying the request is still processing & I need to continue waiting.

I am really not able to understand the reason for the delay.

Please advise how to go about this..
Many Thanks.

piggy20007
Newly Registered

Post by piggy20007 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi,

Please dont' be panic. I have been there. I applied in person for premium service at Croydon office. The same thing happened due to some IT issue. They couldnt' issue on that day so told me that they would send the document. It was very frustrated because I couldn't track the application. The number for home office doesnt' really work. I mean you could keep trying but no one would give out any information because the system doesn't really effective. The best thing to do was to wait and pray (seriously). I got mine back in a week so please be patience. It will arrive.

Good luck

amarILR
Newly Registered

Post by amarILR » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Thanks mate...I will continue waiting...Fingers crossed..