ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:51 pm

All done guys....

Complete timeline as below:

NCS or Postal : NCS Hatfield
Date of submission or posting : 12/01/2010
CRITERIA - HSMP-JR (2 Adults + 1 Child)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 18/01/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 21/01/2010 (Dated 18/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 20/02/2010 (Dated 13/02/2010)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 26/02/2010 (Private - Luton, as HO ignored my request to send approval to Hatfield)
Date of passport application : 27/02/2010
Method used : Check and Send
Date of receipt of IPS interview invitation letter : 12/03/2010
Date of IPS interview : 13/03/2010 (IPS Northampton - Booked the interview on 10/03/2010 as I managed to get the interview reference number from the IPS helpline)
Date of receipt of supporting documents : 16/03/2010 (My wife and son received their supporting documents on 12/03/2010)
Date of receipt of passport : 16/03/2010 (Also received my supporting documents)

The whole thing took 63 days end to end. One of the most stressful experiences of my life but a small price to pay for freedom.

Regards - Spartac

yarons

Post by yarons » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 pm

freddfrog wrote:Hi guys, regarding my application when they said that correspondence has been sent but application is still under consideration. Could the correspondence be that they have sent my original supporting documents back?

I didn't go through NCS so had to send in original passport and supporting docs.

Has anyone else just done a postal application? For those who did, when did they send the original documents back? Prior to you receiving the approval letter back or after approval?

If anyone can shed any light, I'd be grateful.

I'm racking my brains as to what this correspondence could be as I've made sure that I'd included everything and everything was signed according to the requirements!
You may be right and the correspondence is indeed your documents. I'm pretty sure they send them before approving. Maybe ring them again and try to clarify this? Even ask directly whether your docs were sent back.

kindley

Post by kindley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Spartac wrote:All done guys....

Date of citizenship Ceremony : 26/02/2010 (Private - Luton, as HO ignored my request to send approval to Hatfield)
Date of IPS interview : 13/03/2010 (IPS Northampton - Booked the interview on 10/03/2010 as I managed to get the interview reference number from the IPS helpline)
Date of receipt of supporting documents : 16/03/2010 (My wife and son received their supporting documents on 12/03/2010)
Date of receipt of passport : 16/03/2010 (Also received my supporting documents)

The whole thing took 63 days end to end. One of the most stressful experiences of my life but a small price to pay for freedom.

Regards - Spartac
Congratulations and well done!
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Regards - Spartac
Why was it stressful, did you have anything to hide :twisted:

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 pm

yarons wrote: You may be right and the correspondence is indeed your documents. I'm pretty sure they send them before approving. Maybe ring them again and try to clarify this? Even ask directly whether your docs were sent back.
Thanks Yarons, I'll wait until Thursday as I've rang yesterday and today already - twice in 2 days! :D

If I haven't received the correspondence by then, I'll ask again if a decision has been made and if my original documents have been sent back. Though I don't know if the telephone operatives will know this as they may just see a one line progress update on their computers.

Thanks for the reassurance though - fingers crossed!

AmaLondon
Newly Registered

Debt and Citizenship Concerns

Post by AmaLondon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:58 am

Hi guys. This has been pasted from [b]Good Character Requirement[/b] guidlines for case workers. Hopefully it will answer all questions you have if you are concerned about your Debts.

Debt
7.7.1 Police enquiries, or other information, may suggest that an applicant is heavily in debt. Caseworkers should not use this as grounds for refusal if loan repayments have been made as agreed or if acceptable efforts are being made to pay off accumulated debts. But where an applicant deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, caseworkers should normally refuse the application

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:39 am

Thanks Yarons for your wishes . I wish all goodluck for positive decisions !

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 am

Regards - Spartac
congrats Spartac for completing your journey !

may i also ask you with regards to the passport application the section which asks for the details of grand parents , date of birth , marriage date etc did you provided all this info ? actually i dont have all this info and neither my parents know the dates of their parents births or marriages ...not sure what to do here ... any advice will be appreciated !

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 am

citizen1000 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Maidstone Kent
Date of submission or posting : 10/02/2010
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) Judicial review HSMP
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 23/02/2010. Dated 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of approval pending
Date of Ceremony pending
Date of appln. for passport pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

HI EVERYONE. I THOUGHT WILL SHARE AN UPDATE WITH YOU.
I had called yesterday & spoke to lady who said that my application was awaiting to allocated to case working team. This message was a bit different than other advisers because even last week the telephone advisors said that my application was under consideration.

THEREFORE I CALLED HOME OFFICE AGAIN TODAY AT ABOUT 15:00 & SPOKE TO A NICE CHAP WHO SAID THAT IT SEEMS THAT A DECISION WAS MADE TODAY ON MY APPLICATION. HE SAID THAT HE CAN NOT TELL ME WHAT THE DECISION IS BUT SAID TO WAIT FOR POST & FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ON THE LETTER.
nOW I HOPE THAT INSHALLAH THE DECISION WILL BE A POSITIVE ONE.
SO MY POINT IS THAT IT ALSO DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF ADVISER YOU SPEAK TO. SOME ARE VAGUE & SOME GIVE GOOD INFORMATION.

THOSE WHO HAVE GOT THEIR LETTERS, CAN THEY TELL ME HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DISPATCH THE LETTER?

MANY THANKS & GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Hi Citizen1000 , i can bet that your decision has already been made 4-5 days ago as the call centre people are telling you the date based on when it appeared on their screens ... you will get it by the end of this week or even sooner! best of luck mate

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:14 am

navnas wrote:
citizen1000 wrote:NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Maidstone Kent
Date of submission or posting : 10/02/2010
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) Judicial review HSMP
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 23/02/2010. Dated 16/02/2010
Date of receipt of approval pending
Date of Ceremony pending
Date of appln. for passport pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

HI EVERYONE. I THOUGHT WILL SHARE AN UPDATE WITH YOU.
I had called yesterday & spoke to lady who said that my application was awaiting to allocated to case working team. This message was a bit different than other advisers because even last week the telephone advisors said that my application was under consideration.

THEREFORE I CALLED HOME OFFICE AGAIN TODAY AT ABOUT 15:00 & SPOKE TO A NICE CHAP WHO SAID THAT IT SEEMS THAT A DECISION WAS MADE TODAY ON MY APPLICATION. HE SAID THAT HE CAN NOT TELL ME WHAT THE DECISION IS BUT SAID TO WAIT FOR POST & FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION ON THE LETTER.
nOW I HOPE THAT INSHALLAH THE DECISION WILL BE A POSITIVE ONE.
SO MY POINT IS THAT IT ALSO DEPENDS ON THE TYPE OF ADVISER YOU SPEAK TO. SOME ARE VAGUE & SOME GIVE GOOD INFORMATION.

THOSE WHO HAVE GOT THEIR LETTERS, CAN THEY TELL ME HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO DISPATCH THE LETTER?

MANY THANKS & GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Hi Citizen1000 , i can bet that your decision has already been made 4-5 days ago as the call centre people are telling you the date based on when it appeared on their screens ... you will get it by the end of this week or even sooner! best of luck mate
Thanks NAVNAS

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:15 am

navnas wrote:congrats Spartac for completing your journey !

may i also ask you with regards to the passport application the section which asks for the details of grand parents , date of birth , marriage date etc did you provided all this info ? actually i dont have all this info and neither my parents know the dates of their parents births or marriages ...not sure what to do here ... any advice will be appreciated !
Thanks navnas,

I provided my grandparents information on a seperate page as required completing all the fields. But I clearly marked the bits I didn't know as 'Unknown'. So add what you can, the names for example you would know. You may also know the places where they were born. Just mark dates of births and marriages, which you dont know as 'Unknown'.

Write your name on the top of the page along with the bar code number for your passport application.

I don't think they refer to this information a lot, as they didnt ask about it in the interview but its best to provide as much as you can.

Hope that helps - Spartac

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:34 am

Thanks Spartac .... you are a star !

yarons

Post by yarons » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:42 pm

UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with a nice chap from UKBA. He said that my application was concluded yesterday and I should get a letter with the decision within the next 10 days.

Suspense levels are high but I reckon I'm days away from finding out the decision.

Method: Immigration agency
Date of Submission: 23/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 Years WP+HSMP (3+2) + 1 Year ILR
Date of receipt of acknowledgement 05/03/2010. Dated 26/02/2010
Date UKBA made a Decision: 16/03/2010

freddfrog, I've got exactly the same timeline as you (same day for submission and acknowledgement) so you may want to call yourself and see if they have an update for you.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:46 pm

yarons wrote:UPDATE:

Just got off the phone with a nice chap from UKBA. He said that my application was concluded yesterday and I should get a letter with the decision within the next 10 days.

Suspense levels are high but I reckon I'm days away from finding out the decision.

freddfrog, I've got exactly the same timeline as you (same day for submission and acknowledgement) so you may want to call yourself and see if they have an update for you.
Thats great yar. Hopefully you'll get a very good news soon.
Wish you good luck.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Tim555 wrote:

Thats great yar. Hopefully you'll get a very good news soon.
Wish you good luck.
Inshallah you will have the letter soon with a positive decision. The killer is the 2nd class post. :x

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Brightest Star, any updates??
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Tim555 wrote:Brightest Star, any updates??

None Tim Bhai....looking at the updates from Yarons I reckon that atleast your decision has already been made or going to be in a day or two. And once I hear about your decision I will ring the UKBA once again as I am sure mine will follow just after yours.

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:27 pm

Best of luck yarons ! my prays are with you for a positive decision ! keep us posted !

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Tim Bhai, I got your PM and now I reckon that may be by next Friday (not the coming one) we will have our decisions. The first working day your application was received by HO is 01/03 and usually it takes 3 weeks for a decision to be made and then another 10 days for the 2nd class post to arrive.

yarons

Post by yarons » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:57 pm

navnas wrote:

Best of luck yarons ! my prays are with you for a positive decision ! keep us posted !
Thanks navans, Tim, Brightest Star and everyone else for wishing me luck. I was quite surprised with the swift decision and I try to keep positive until I get the letter with the decision.

From other people's experience, I noticed that in case of approval UKBA send the letter to the applicant's council first. This tempts me to call my council early next week....

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Yarons, that is great news. I wish you good luck in a positive outcome - I'm sure it will be! :D

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I've only just seen the post and UKBA line is now closed so I'll give them a ring tomorrow.

Also, if the correspondence is indeed my original documents back then I'm hoping to have a Special Delivery waiting for me tonight or at least one I need to pick up from the postal depot as no one is at home!

Keep us up to date! :)

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:38 pm

No Special Delivery and no original documents today so I'm guessing it isn't as thought but it depends if they prpared them on Tuesday sent it today which means it could also be tomorrow.

The only other thing I can think of is they may want my original previous passports or marriage certificate.

Don't know why though as my current albeit expired passport with my residence permit clearly shows the year 2004. So that's the 5-year residency requirement (ILR). I did fill i that I'm married and have been for 3.5 years to a British Citizen too but I thought it's either one or the other and doesn't have to be both. :?

I guess I'll just have to wait for the correspondence to see what it is and if it is 2nd class it probably won't get to me until Friday at the earliest..

yarons

Post by yarons » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:56 pm

freddfrog wrote:No Special Delivery and no original documents today so I'm guessing it isn't as thought but it depends if they prpared them on Tuesday sent it today which means it could also be tomorrow.

The only other thing I can think of is they may want my original previous passports or marriage certificate.

Don't know why though as my current albeit expired passport with my residence permit clearly shows the year 2004. So that's the 5-year residency requirement (ILR). I did fill i that I'm married and have been for 3.5 years to a British Citizen too but I thought it's either one or the other and doesn't have to be both. :?

I guess I'll just have to wait for the correspondence to see what it is and if it is 2nd class it probably won't get to me until Friday at the earliest..
Are you planning on calling UKBA again? Maybe the correspondence is the decision letter...

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 pm

yarons wrote: Are you planning on calling UKBA again? Maybe the correspondence is the decision letter...
Might do, but the telephone adviser told me that the status on the computer says that my application is still under consideration and that correspondence has been sent. I'm assuming that this meant that a decision has not yet been made and application not concluded unlike what the operative told you with your application?

I might just give them a ring tomorrow just in case the status has changed. The chap I spoke to seemed pretty clued up though.

Thanks again.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:57 pm

Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai, I got your PM and now I reckon that may be by next Friday (not the coming one) we will have our decisions. The first working day your application was received by HO is 01/03 and usually it takes 3 weeks for a decision to be made and then another 10 days for the 2nd class post to arrive.
Thanks Brightest Star. I wish It could happend on next Friday.
I've another problem as well. I'm about to change my house. So when is the best time to contact Home Office for new address? Shall I inform them ( once change property ) or receive the approval letter on present address ( I can manage to receive it on present address )? What do you guys reckon?

Regards,