ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) - Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marahman3001
BANNED

Tier 1 (General) - Dependent Visa

Post by marahman3001 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:49 pm

I got approval of Tier 1(General) this month. (Thanks for all the efforts and help from chetanojha, tvn_ramesh and others)

I am planning to apply for Dependent visa first time for my wife who is in India. I work with my Limited Company, get paid in the form of Dividends. What documents I need apart from the following documents. Please let me know. Thanks

Documents from Dependent:
--------------------------------
. Marriage Documents (Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos, Invitation cards)
. Birth Certificate
. Passport
. Dependent application form
. photographs new set which falls within 1month

Documents from Main Applicant:
-----------------------------------
. Sponser letter from main applicant
. Copy of Main applicants Passport especially with the new visa in it..
. 3 months Maintenance funds bank statements (UK bank accounts) (£800+£533) for 3 months
. Tenancy agreement Letter or NOC from shared home tenant.
. Utility Bill (BT)
* What evidence to show for my earnings? ( Limited company accounts, Business and Personal bank accounts? what more?)

thanks

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 (General) - Dependent Visa

Post by yasa » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:28 pm

I got approval of Tier 1(General) this month. (Thanks for all the efforts and help from chetanojha, tvn_ramesh and others)

I am planning to apply for Dependent visa first time for my wife who is in India. I work with my Limited Company, get paid in the form of Dividends. What documents I need apart from the following documents. Please let me know. Thanks
marahman3001 wrote: Documents from Dependent:
--------------------------------
. Marriage Documents (Marriage Certificate, Marriage Photos, Invitation cards)

>> Marriage Certificate is sufficient.
marahman3001 wrote: . Birth Certificate
. Passport
. Dependent application form
. photographs new set which falls within 1month

>>Yes
marahman3001 wrote: Documents from Main Applicant:
. 3 months Maintenance funds bank statements (UK bank accounts) (£800+£533) for 3 months

>>From how long u've been in UK??
marahman3001 wrote: . Tenancy agreement Letter or NOC from shared home tenant.
. Utility Bill (BT)

>>No need for utility bill tenancy agreement with NOC is sufficient enough.
marahman3001 wrote: * What evidence to show for my earnings? ( Limited company accounts, Business and Personal bank accounts? what more?)

>>U dont need to show earnings. u just need to get a letter that u work as so and so....
thanks
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Congrats Maraham...

I think you got all the docs..

things to check or add are:

1. Maintenance funds will be 800+1600 if ur stay in uk is less than 12months

2. Sends your payslips with ur wife application or equivalent

3.others you covered more than enough..

marahman3001
BANNED

Post by marahman3001 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:35 am

Yasa: I am in the UK since 2004.

Secondly, Since I am the director of my company and work as self employment, what documents need to submit?
Letter from myself that I work thru Limited company ? if so what other evidence to show that i am working?

Ramesh: Thanks for your help.
I am in UK since 2004.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:10 pm

For Earnings: You can submit whatever documents you submitted for yourself. But take extra case for maintenance funds. All other documents seems fine.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:15 am

marahman3001 wrote:Yasa: I am in the UK since 2004.

Secondly, Since I am the director of my company and work as self employment, what documents need to submit?
Letter from myself that I work thru Limited company ? if so what other evidence to show that i am working?

Ramesh: Thanks for your help.
I am in UK since 2004.
maintenance should be 800 plus 533... send all documents as u have sent with your applications....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

marahman3001
BANNED

Post by marahman3001 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:14 am

For my Tier 1 (general) visa applied on 15 december 2009, I have submitted company bank account and personal bank accounts and all the letters from accountant and dividends are dated 30 Nov 2009.

I received Tier 1 on 20 January 2010. I am applying for dependant on 5th Feb 2010.

Question is do I need to submit all the previous bank statements (company and personal accounts) plus new statements until 30 Jan 2010.
Secondly, most importantly, accountant letters need to submit updating them till 30 Jan ? or Accountant letters not needed. Please let me know.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 am

marahman3001 wrote:For my Tier 1 (general) visa applied on 15 december 2009, I have submitted company bank account and personal bank accounts and all the letters from accountant and dividends are dated 30 Nov 2009.

I received Tier 1 on 20 January 2010. I am applying for dependant on 5th Feb 2010.

Question is do I need to submit all the previous bank statements (company and personal accounts) plus new statements until 30 Jan 2010.
Secondly, most importantly, accountant letters need to submit updating them till 30 Jan ? or Accountant letters not needed. Please let me know.
For dependent visa.. you already listed the docs required and i think they are good enough to go..

You dont need to submit all the bankstatement from your application date till date//
You just need to submit bankstatements for the mainteannce funds proofs that is latest 3months bankstatements..

(unless you are very worried.. you can add 6months bankstatements/ payslips to your dependents application..)

Also please see the dependent Checklist by HO at PBS Dependent CHECKLIST

if that doesnt work.. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... checklist/

marahman3001
BANNED

Post by marahman3001 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:26 pm

Since I operate thru my limited company, i get dividends paid to my personal account, dont I need to show the business bank statements for the source of money?
Please clarify this. thanks

vgkotha
Newly Registered

Post by vgkotha » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:43 pm

maintenence funds

evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application; and

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

Saga

Post by Saga » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Documents from Main Applicant:
. Tenancy agreement Letter or NOC from shared home tenant.
. Utility Bill (BT)
* What evidence to show for my earnings? ( Limited company accounts, Business and Personal bank accounts? what more?)

Why do you need a sponsor letter for Tier 1 dependent? The HO guidance do not mention any such thing.

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:57 pm

In India they ask for 1600 for each dependant for three months, since you had Teir 1 for just 1 month. What you have mentioned as 1333 is not good enough as per VFS, though the documents says something different. All other documents looking good include marraige photographs.
HTHs

babysmith
Newly Registered

Dependent kid visa requirements

Post by babysmith » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi all,

I 've recently got tier1 extension. I just want to apply for dependent visa for my baby, she is 5 months old now. She is with me in UK. Do I need to send my original passport with applicaton? Wht other documents required? anything from my partner? pls reply????

babysmith
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for 5 month old baby

Post by babysmith » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi all,

I 've recently got tier1 extension. I just want to apply for dependent visa for my baby, she is 5 months old now. She is with me in UK. Do I need to send my original passport with applicaton? Wht other documents required? anything from my partner? Any covering letter format available? pls reply????

marahman3001
BANNED

Post by marahman3001 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 am

tvn_ramesh, yasa, chetan:
i have got the dependent visa after 20 days of the application date in Hyderabad.
Applied on 19th feb and recvd on 10th march
Many thanks for your suggestions and your kind effort.

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi marahman3001,

Congrats on getting the visa.

Could you please share me the what are all the documents you have supplied ,while making dependent visa to your spouse?

I am also planning to apply the dependent visa to my wife.

Thanks

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant visa refusal query

Post by ahtesham4all » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Hello,

My wife has recently applied for a visa on 08-03-2010 to enter in the uk.

Unfortunately the visa has been refused on the grounds that, I her husband, was not present at the time of the wedding. I can confirm I was present at the wedding and had come to india on 31st december 2009 which is supported by the immigration entry stamp on my passport.

It seems that assumption is based on the poor quality of my passport copy initially sent to them. However i hav now made the arrangement to sent them a further copy which clearly shows the date I had arrived in india.

Please help me ?
do i have to reapply or is that anything i could notify them that i did go to india at the time of our wedding

Thanks
Sham

srinster
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General) - Dependent Visa

Post by srinster » Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 pm

For utility bills is Council tax receipt mandatory? Will Gas, electricity and water bills suffice? Please let me know.