ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EUFam Successfully Obtained - Here's how!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thegoatherder
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 EUFam Successfully Obtained - Here's how!

Post by thegoatherder » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:49 am

Hi all,

I'm a UK citizen married to an American citizen living in Ireland. Several months ago, I posted a number of queries to this forum:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=22388
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=23938
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24064
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25477

Thanks to all those who helped, my wife received confirmation of a full 5 year residency permit in the post a few days ago! (approx. 5 months after making the application)

I thought I would compile a list of everything I included with my forms and actions I took along the way to help those of you applying. I realise that a lot of the documentation I supplied was unnecessary, however, I feel that the 'completeness' of this application made a difference.

Here's the list:

- A completed EU1 Form, with the legal documents required (passport, USA marriage certificate, etc)
- Letters from 15-20 friends, relatives and business owners supporting our case and pleading that the application was granted.
- I approached a local TD and asked him to write a character reference for me.
- Letter from my employer, stating that my role in the company was crucial and that I would be forced to leave the country to make residence back in the UK if my wife's residency was not granted (a bluff!).
- Certificate of savings (about €5k), showing that we had sufficient funds to not have to live off the state.
- Proof of health insurance for both my wife and I.
- 3 months of pay slips.
- Some 30 photographs of my wife and I and our wedding.
- Proof of my residence in the State since the age of 12, by way of providing school reports and exam results.
- Proof that my wife had lived in London for 6 months, having obtained a blue card (6 month work permit for the UK) immediately after finishing her degree in the States.
- A cover letter from myself, detailing our relationship, pleading for a positive result, stating that I would be forced to leave the country ('my home'), my friends, my family, my career, etc. if the residency was not granted. Also stating that Directive 2004/38/EC was in my belief, illegal under EU Legislation.
- I wrote a letter to the Minister for Justice once I had received a reference number for my application, contesting the legality of Irish legislation surrounding residency for spouses of EU nationals and urging him to assist with our situation.
- I approached a locally residing senator and asked him to back my case. He wrote a letter of support and also gave another copy of the letter above to the Minister. His secretary regularly followed up with the immigration office and the minister (approx once per month)

One of our biggest worries was that my wife would be unable to work legally while we waited for a result. However, a trip to our local immigration office with proof that we had made an application and request that my wife be given a temporary work permit while we waited for a result was successful - she was given a temporary 6 month Stamp 4 by the immigration official, which relieved a LOT of pressure from us - all we had to do now was wait.... and some 5 months later, she was granted a 5 year residency stamp!

So, do not give up hope! If any of you have any questions, just post a reply here.

Cheers,
-- A.

atravellingsoul
Newly Registered

How to stay? Applied for citizenship via G.Father- A Story!

Post by atravellingsoul » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:39 am

Synopsis:
US citizen-applied for Irish citizenship via Irish G.father Dec. 2008
How can I get Stamp 4, 5 or 6 to work during this time? My story below.

Sept. 2005 - Moved to Ireland w/3 kids. Met my Irish BF (man of my dreams & still is today).
Intended to stay through my then marriage to EU Greek citizen (22 yrs) who resided in US by getting my Irish citizenship & kids Dual citizenship & Passports. I pd. 3,500 beg. 2004 Genealogist wanted more money 2005, had nothing, scammed! So, would stay via kids dual citizenship. HA, NOT!

Adult kids & I -enrolled in college. My minor in old secondary.
Adult kid (girl) moved back to US 6 months later.

Greek embassy: 2006, Registered all 3 births, denied passports for kids stating:
22 yr old son w/high functioning autism, had to enroll in Greek army.
14 yr old daughter, can not get a passport until 18 yrs without fathers permission..he gave...they denied again. I also had custody & residency rights per court!

Dec. 2006; I got severely ill, Hysterectomy, no Iron, no B-12, depression, Divorce was 2 days out of hospital. Custody dispute, I won. No child support, until Jan. 2007, then child wanted to stay in US! Ex and I now friends, no issues...BF still waiting..bless his soul!

My life: 2007 & 2008...3 month in Ireland...3 months in US.
Work in IT (Research database spec.) applied for HUNDREDS OF JOBS! Can not get anything! No work visa, no green card.

Nov. 2008 - In Ireland for 1 month to visit recruiters, job hunt, wait for 2 possible interview (now not till next month ..if shortlisted).
Accidentally met a real Genealogist, gave vital info..within 2 hours found G.Father's birth info etc. by Gods grace. Now..applied for citizenship, told if I get a stamp 4 can work or go to school (I want both). I then, would get a job..as all turned down because of my status & work visa/green card issue.

So, Please can anyone help me? I want to move forward with my life! Settle & work while waiting for citizenship, so how do I get stamped to work until my birth is registered, certified and oath taken?
I now have the support of my Ex(good friendship there), my kids, family.

I have the worlds most wonderful Boy Friend and I don't want to loose him, he's waited so patiently. We both refuse to just marry to FIX things. We wanted everything done legally and morally right.

So does anyone have any suggestions? Does, LTR apply while I wait? Are there any EU laws (regarding my 22 yrs married to an EU citizen).

1 Important footnote: I was stalked by a man who suffered brain damage from a fall at our work from 2002-2004..hence my choice to move overseas. I felt safe there, happy there, met and fell in Love...Ireland is Home...when I'm in the US...bad memories..fears of re-stalking.

I'm desperate; Where are my rights as a human being, to be able to live free & happy?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Stamp 4 EUFam Successfully Obtained - Here's how!

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:14 pm

thegoatherder wrote:One of our biggest worries was that my wife would be unable to work legally while we waited for a result. However, a trip to our local immigration office with proof that we had made an application and request that my wife be given a temporary work permit while we waited for a result was successful - she was given a temporary 6 month Stamp 4 by the immigration official, which relieved a LOT of pressure from us - all we had to do now was wait.... and some 5 months later, she was granted a 5 year residency stamp!
This is all the way it should be. They seem to be following the law now, which is good!

You submitted a lot of unrequired material. You are naturally free to do that, but it was not needed for approval of your application.

I hope you both enjoy your right to work and live in Ireland!

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:17 pm

thegoatherder wrote: - I approached a locally residing senator and asked him to back my case. He wrote a letter of support and also gave another copy of the letter above to the Minister. His secretary regularly followed up with the immigration office and the minister (approx once per month)
Hi there,

About to apply for EU1 for my fiancé. Just wondering would you have the time to help me draft a letter to a senator (have one in mind already) and what did you include in your letter?

Thanks in advance :)
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

koded

Post by koded » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:53 pm

thegoatherder wrote:Hi all,

I'm a UK citizen married to an American citizen living in Ireland. Several months ago, I posted a number of queries to this forum:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=22388
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=23938
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=24064
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25477

Thanks to all those who helped, my wife received confirmation of a full 5 year residency permit in the post a few days ago! (approx. 5 months after making the application)

I thought I would compile a list of everything I included with my forms and actions I took along the way to help those of you applying. I realise that a lot of the documentation I supplied was unnecessary, however, I feel that the 'completeness' of this application made a difference.

Here's the list:

- A completed EU1 Form, with the legal documents required (passport, USA marriage certificate, etc)
- Letters from 15-20 friends, relatives and business owners supporting our case and pleading that the application was granted.
- I approached a local TD and asked him to write a character reference for me.
- Letter from my employer, stating that my role in the company was crucial and that I would be forced to leave the country to make residence back in the UK if my wife's residency was not granted (a bluff!).
- Certificate of savings (about €5k), showing that we had sufficient funds to not have to live off the state.
- Proof of health insurance for both my wife and I.
- 3 months of pay slips.
- Some 30 photographs of my wife and I and our wedding.
- Proof of my residence in the State since the age of 12, by way of providing school reports and exam results.
- Proof that my wife had lived in London for 6 months, having obtained a blue card (6 month work permit for the UK) immediately after finishing her degree in the States.
- A cover letter from myself, detailing our relationship, pleading for a positive result, stating that I would be forced to leave the country ('my home'), my friends, my family, my career, etc. if the residency was not granted. Also stating that Directive 2004/38/EC was in my belief, illegal under EU Legislation.
- I wrote a letter to the Minister for Justice once I had received a reference number for my application, contesting the legality of Irish legislation surrounding residency for spouses of EU nationals and urging him to assist with our situation.
- I approached a locally residing senator and asked him to back my case. He wrote a letter of support and also gave another copy of the letter above to the Minister. His secretary regularly followed up with the immigration office and the minister (approx once per month)

One of our biggest worries was that my wife would be unable to work legally while we waited for a result. However, a trip to our local immigration office with proof that we had made an application and request that my wife be given a temporary work permit while we waited for a result was successful - she was given a temporary 6 month Stamp 4 by the immigration official, which relieved a LOT of pressure from us - all we had to do now was wait.... and some 5 months later, she was granted a 5 year residency stamp!

So, do not give up hope! If any of you have any questions, just post a reply here.

Cheers,
-- A.
I think all those documents you submitted were not really necessarily or rather you try to meet all the 3 categories or proff of exercising your right. Documents you submitted that were only important are you marriage certificate and evidence that you are exercising your treaty right.
I said this because anyone who is reading this might be confused from what are required.
Congrat!