ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying tier 1 after April 6th 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukdiscuss

Applying tier 1 after April 6th 2010

Post by ukdiscuss » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:25 am

Hi All,
I am planning to apply for the tier 1 during the first week of april, showing the past three months of transactions, but unfortuanately my bank statement might reach me only after 5th!!

Hence please let me know if its advisable to apply on or after 6th?

Is there any recent updates from the UKBA, on the rules/regulations to be changed on/after april 6th?

GeneNZ

Re: Applying tier 1 after April 6th 2010

Post by GeneNZ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 am

ukdiscuss wrote:Hi All,
I am planning to apply for the tier 1 during the first week of april, showing the past three months of transactions, but unfortuanately my bank statement might reach me only after 5th!!

Is there any recent updates from the UKBA, on the rules/regulations to be changed on/after april 6th?
There are many, many threads dedicated to this. No need to start a new one.

Simple answer to your question is: "We don't know". No annoucements have been made as yet, so we're as blind as a bat, in terms of whats happening after April 6th.

Humanityrulz
Newly Registered

Post by Humanityrulz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 am

GeneNZ wrote:

There are many, many threads dedicated to this. No need to start a new one.

Simple answer to your question is: "We don't know". No annoucements have been made as yet, so we're as blind as a bat, in terms of whats happening after April 6th.
Answer is YEA, They increased only application fees from 6th April .
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... april-2010

About MAC recommendations, no news from UK GOV or HO yet....

Humanityrulz
Newly Registered

Post by Humanityrulz » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:49 am

Hi UKdiscuss,
what your worrying abt, after 6th they just increasing fees.. if your worrying abt anything else(previuos earnings), dont panic.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:52 am

Humanityrulz wrote:
Hi UKdiscuss,
what your worrying abt, after 6th they just increasing fees.. if your worrying abt anything else(previuos earnings), dont panic.
Well better to be informed than not. So far, if the rumours are to be believed, then changes are in the works. Although you're right in saying that the only official changes on April 6th is fees... so far.

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:53 am

yes fine then :-) thank you.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 pm

announcement of changes to tier1 made today

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=53705

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:30 pm

they probably will change application form as well so make sure you use the most recent one

regards

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:53 am

I had plans to submit the application on or after 6th april, since 2nd and 5th are holiday.
If we submit on 1st of april, it holds good for the previous rules and regualtions, but i will not be having my last month bank statement. The new rules are affecting my salary criteria.

Is it possible that i submit all other documents on 1st of april and the bank statement alone a week later?

kindly advice.

fisher

Post by fisher » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:00 am

No

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:52 am

Hi all,

I have a question regarding new rules. there is a sentence in the statement of the changes which I could not understand:

"These measures will allow all migrants in these categories to be granted leave to take their stay in the United Kingdom to five years."

what does it mean?

Regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:22 am

houman1979 wrote:Hi all,

I have a question regarding new rules. there is a sentence in the statement of the changes which I could not understand:

"These measures will allow all migrants in these categories to be granted leave to take their stay in the United Kingdom to five years."

what does it mean?

Regards
That is in regards to points 18 & 19.

Migrants who are in the UK under Tier 1 (General) with leave granted before 6 April 2010 will be granted a further 2 years leave when they apply for an extension.
Migrants who are in the UK under one of the other three categories (and also migrants with leave as an Innovator) will be granted 3 years leave when they apply to switch into Tier 1 (General).

Applicants covered under point 18 were given 3 years of stay initially so they will be granted further leave of 2 yrs when they apply for extension (opposed to grant of 3 yrs stay when extending based on new rules)and for those covered under point 19 were given 2 yrs initially so, they will be given 3 yrs when they switch to tier 1 (G) (opposed to grant of 2 yrs stay initially based on new rules) so that their total stay would come upto 5 yrs.