ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian National, UK Resident - Want to Immigrate to Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mailpaul32
Newly Registered

Indian National, UK Resident - Want to Immigrate to Canada

Post by mailpaul32 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:05 am

Hi,

I am an Indian national, residing in UK for over past 2 years. I would like to immigrate to Canada with my wife as skilled workers.

I am working at the client location in UK as a Business Analyst. I am employed with an Indian IT firm which has posted me here. I have about 6.5 years of IT experience with Mech Engg degree and MBA from India.

My wife is also in IT, working as a programmer for an Indian IT firm as well. She is also an engineer.

I've done the points assessment at CIC website and got around 85 points (min reqd 67).

I wanted to know the following:
- will applying from within the UK slow down the process of getting the required visa?
- which city is best for IT professionals like my wife and myself? Our first choice would be Vancouver especially for less cold weather but willing to give it up if there's another location which offers better career opportunities.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Paul

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 am

- No it won't slow down your visa processing time from UK.
- Sorry i do not knw about it.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

mailpaul32
Newly Registered

Post by mailpaul32 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks Crusador0408.

darasi.martin
Newly Registered

Post by darasi.martin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Paul,

No it wont slow down your process duration as you mention you got 85 point which is too good for your profile.
and for IT professionals vanquer is the best loacation.

Cheers and all the best.

Martin.

mailpaul32
Newly Registered

Post by mailpaul32 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:11 am

Martin - Thanks a lot for both the answers. Must say am quite relieved to hear that and can apply now with a lot more confidence.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Toronto is the largest metro in Canada, and offers wide range of job opportunities.
Calgary is another city that's been doing well of late in terms of economic activity.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:51 pm

I have another question on the same topic. I believe the OP is going to apply under the "Skilled workers and professionals" category.

My question is that do I need to send my passport (+my family's passport) along with the application? If yes, will they be returned to me after my application is accepted and assigned to a case-worker?

I believe it takes around 12 months to get a decision (if applying from London), so will need my passport back.

Can someone confirm?

darasi.martin
Newly Registered

Welcome

Post by darasi.martin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:54 pm

You are allways welcome dear paul.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:50 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:I have another question on the same topic. I believe the OP is going to apply under the "Skilled workers and professionals" category.

My question is that do I need to send my passport (+my family's passport) along with the application? If yes, will they be returned to me after my application is accepted and assigned to a case-worker?

I believe it takes around 12 months to get a decision (if applying from London), so will need my passport back.

Can someone confirm?
No, you dont send the passport with the application. Once the process is complete and they are ready to approve you, they will ask for the paasport, which is when you send it. It takes about 2 to 6 weeks to get the passport back, after that.

Ray

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:27 pm

raymasa2 wrote:
need_a_tier1 wrote:I have another question on the same topic. I believe the OP is going to apply under the "Skilled workers and professionals" category.

Can someone confirm?
No, you dont send the passport with the application. Once the process is complete and they are ready to approve you, they will ask for the paasport, which is when you send it. It takes about 2 to 6 weeks to get the passport back, after that.

Ray
Thanks!!