ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for ILR under HSMP

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:49 am

Thought I should share my observation. For ILR under HSMP applications, mostly case workers only request latest 3 payslips, 3 bank statements and employer's letter. Not even asked for P60 but I offered myself last year's P60.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:23 am

Hi, I will be applying for my ILR in June from Tier #1. I was in WP + HSMP then Tier #1.

My solicitor says I need to produce all 5 P60s

I don’t understand why he requires all 5 P60s. I have managed to locate the last four and the P45 just before the oldest P60.

Seeing some of the posts here, some people have been asked for all five P60s…

All my other paper work is spot on, purely because of the missing P60 I am tempted to go with a solicitor to avoid any risks.

I have changed visas from WP, HSMP to Tier one. Changed jobs five times and been on a mix of self & perm employment. Will be completing a year in the present role as a perm by the time I apply for ILR.

Because I have changed jobs, visas and type of employment I am thinking they will ask for lot of paper work. [they have been easier on people who stayed in the same job for 5 years as per this forum]

What do you guys suggest? Take a risk and go on my own or pay some money and pass the risk to a solicitor? ILR is an important milestone in my life, so don’t want to take any undue risks too.

Experts, please advice…

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:00 pm

As you have been on WP+HSMP, I am not too sure what documents you need minimum but certainly 1 missing P60 will not be an isssue. Do you have the latest P60?

from my observation, you will be asked to show:
*all your work permits covering the time you were on WP
*latest 3 payslips (I would advise you to take with you as many as you have)
* latest 3 months bank statements (again my advise is to take with you at least 6 months)
*Letter from current employer stating you are still needed in your current role (must have )

If you have all the above documents and at least 1 latest P60 you should be fine. Why waste money on solicitor? You will get ILR based on documents you have. Good to have solicitor if case is not straight forward. In your case I dont see what solicitor will be doing apart from submitting YOUR documents behalf of you.

Rest is your choice.....

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:28 pm

he's now in Tier 1 so I don't think the letter from employer is required (see sec 9 Tier 1 visa holders of the form) - Tier 1 need only to show proof of economic activity. Existing WP holders do require letter from employer.

bring your UKBA original letters with you:
- switched from WP to HSMP and
- switched from HSMP to Tier 1 .

if it is a straight forward case - just switching visa categories; drop your solicitor option.
web2005 wrote:As you have been on WP+HSMP, I am not too sure what documents you need minimum but certainly 1 missing P60 will not be an isssue. Do you have the latest P60?

* latest 3 months bank statements (again my advise is to take with you at least 6 months)
*Letter from current employer stating you are still needed in your current role (must have )

If you have all the above documents and at least 1 latest P60 you should be fine. Why waste money on solicitor? You will get ILR based on documents you have. Good to have solicitor if case is not straight forward. In your case I dont see what solicitor will be doing apart from submitting YOUR documents behalf of you.

Rest is your choice.....

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:32 pm

shs213, I think I will go with web2005 also. But one more thing you got to remember is that not all cases are same, so I will advice if you have the payslips for the year you missed the P60, then take them along with you.

Also make sure you have altleast the last one year payslips and bank statements in a separate location in your bag just in case.

Other than that, i think with the documents you've got you should be alright and do not need any solicitor but if you insist please follow what your heart tells you.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:07 pm

Markie wrote:he's now in Tier 1 so I don't think the letter from employer is required (see sec 9 Tier 1 visa holders of the form) - Tier 1 need only to show proof of economic activity. Existing WP holders do require letter from employer.

bring your UKBA original letters with you:
- switched from WP to HSMP and
- switched from HSMP to Tier 1 .

if it is a straight forward case - just switching visa categories; drop your solicitor option.
web2005 wrote:As you have been on WP+HSMP, I am not too sure what documents you need minimum but certainly 1 missing P60 will not be an isssue. Do you have the latest P60?

Rest is your choice.....
I recently applied for ILR under HSMP JR. Never been on WP. First thing case worker asked was employer's letter and it was not returned back.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi All, thanks for all your responses...

my qualifying five years run from July 2005 - June 2010.

I don't have the P60 ending 31st March 2006. Also unfortunately I don't have any payslips for the first year.

By the time I apply for ILR, I will have P60s for;

Mar-2007
Mar-2008
Mar-2009
Mar-20010 - I am expcting this in due course...

I can get a letter from the current employer - no problem...

I have the last 24 months payslips + Bank statments - so no problem in providing ample payslips + bank statements...

I have all the visas in my Passport and can take all the UKBA letters they issued during that time period.

As I am applying for ILR from Tier one, I too don't see an issue with the missing P60...

BUT

Myt fear is, if they ask any proof for the first year of my qualifiying 5 years - this is also the period i was on WP - I don't have any supporting documents apart from the P45 they issued when I left the company.

I can get a letter from the employer confirming I worked for them during that period and can show evidence of the WP. I can check with my bank if they can issue my bank statments from five years ago, but i doubt it.

I hope you get my situ...

I hope HO will only be interested in what I have been doing in the last couple of years and not worry what I was doing in 2005...

What are your thoughts?

I am thinking of dropping the solicitor all together - thanks to you guys :)

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 pm

shs213 wrote:Hi All, thanks for all your responses...

my qualifying five years run from July 2005 - June 2010.

I don't have the P60 ending 31st March 2006. Also unfortunately I don't have any payslips for the first year.

By the time I apply for ILR, I will have P60s for;

Mar-2007
Mar-2008
Mar-2009
Mar-20010 - I am expcting this in due course...

I can get a letter from the current employer - no problem...

I have the last 24 months payslips + Bank statments - so no problem in providing ample payslips + bank statements...

I have all the visas in my Passport and can take all the UKBA letters they issued during that time period.

As I am applying for ILR from Tier one, I too don't see an issue with the missing P60...

BUT

Myt fear is, if they ask any proof for the first year of my qualifiying 5 years - this is also the period i was on WP - I don't have any supporting documents apart from the P45 they issued when I left the company.

I can get a letter from the employer confirming I worked for them during that period and can show evidence of the WP. I can check with my bank if they can issue my bank statments from five years ago, but i doubt it.

I hope you get my situ...

I hope HO will only be interested in what I have been doing in the last couple of years and not worry what I was doing in 2005...

What are your thoughts?

I am thinking of dropping the solicitor all together - thanks to you guys :)
hi, i think you should be ok. P45 also states the income you earned with that employer so the HO will be ok as far as your first year is concerned (of course if they do ask for those details).

But if you are really worried you can contact the HMRC (call your local tax office) and ask for your tax/employment record for that year. They are very friendly and seem to know a great deal about this kind of request. Apparently, lot of ILR aspirants are requesting that sort of info. They will send you a letter with your requested details.

Good luck! :)

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:04 pm

You will be fine shs213. P45 for first year should be enough to show your economic activity. I think you are worrying too much for nothing.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi Web2005

I learnt from the posts that you have applied for your ILR under HSMP JR.

I am going to apply under the same category - can you tell me the documents you submitted for your application?

Thank you