ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Can Dependant enter UK first?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prasad123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Can Dependant enter UK first?

Post by prasad123 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:18 pm

We got our visas issued. I hold tier-1 general and my wife is tier 1 dependent.

It appears at this point that she is likely to get a job immediately and my situation is that I need to close down what I am doing currently and so it might take a while.

My question is can my wife enter and start living in UK without me? I will be joining her a little bit later. (I have never been to the UK).

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 - Can Dependant enter UK first?

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:39 pm

prasad123 wrote:We got our visas issued. I hold tier-1 general and my wife is tier 1 dependent.

It appears at this point that she is likely to get a job immediately and my situation is that I need to close down what I am doing currently and so it might take a while.

My question is can my wife enter and start living in UK without me? I will be joining her a little bit later. (I have never been to the UK).
Below link might answer your queries

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... +applicant

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 - Can Dependant enter UK first?

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:25 am

prasad123 wrote:We got our visas issued. I hold tier-1 general and my wife is tier 1 dependent.

prasad ,

u have to accompany ur wife for first time.
do it this way.
both of u come here, after a week or so u can return back to ur home country.
later when ur comfortable u can join her.

all the best.