ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt regarding New Tier 1 Rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balak2

Doubt regarding New Tier 1 Rules

Post by balak2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:03 am

I just saw the new Tier 1 rules and have a small doubt regarding the extensiion. I applied for my Tier 1 from India around 10 Jan 2010. However I had specified my travel date as 10 Apr 2010. I got the visa starting from 10 April 2010 for three years.

S for extension, will the new rules or old rules apply to me?

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:03 am

Even I have almost similar doubt.

I have my visa valid from 10th March 2010. As per the new rule on page no. 5
16. The new points table will not apply to migrants who are in the UK in one of the following immigration categories:
• Tier 1 (General), with leave granted before 6 April 2010
• The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
• Writers, Composers and Artists
• Self-employed Lawyers
I have the visa but I am not in UK or lets say I am entering UK after 6th April 2010 in that case whether I will be under previous rule or new rule because I have leave granted before 6th April 2010 but I haven't entered UK.

Please respond. Thanks
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:17 am

IMHO when it comes to extend your visa new rules won't apply to you but the old ones, because your initial visa was granted as per old rules

hope it helps
Goodluck.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:16 am

Date of entry or date of visa stamping is not considered when you apply for extension. The only thing which is considered in the extension application is that on which date did you make/post your application to BHC/UKBA and under what rules your application was assessed. And all extension application are treated inline with the extension requirements published at the time of your application.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Doubt regarding New Tier 1 Rules

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:46 am

balak2 wrote:I just saw the new Tier 1 rules and have a small doubt regarding the extensiion. I applied for my Tier 1 from India around 10 Jan 2010. However I had specified my travel date as 10 Apr 2010. I got the visa starting from 10 April 2010 for three years.

S for extension, will the new rules or old rules apply to me?
new rules willnot be implicated to you at the time of extn as ur visa is granted on present rules. Travel Date is not conisdered for extn.