ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply r not with new changes? suggest your view plz

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lucky3
Newly Registered

Can I apply r not with new changes? suggest your view plz

Post by lucky3 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:37 am

Hi All,

I have gone through new rules and I am getting 75-80 (35 education+25 earnings+20 age) points and eligible for tier 1 visa.

But my concern is with the VISA validity of 2 years. My plan is to look for job in UK being in India. I can wait for 6 - 9 months for job search from here.

With this plan - it may become difficult for me to get the extension as I will be having (35 education + 20age). Still I require 20 more points. This can be done if I am at least in the earnings range of 30,000 to 34999 (15 points + 5 more for UK experience and >25k previous earnings).

Is my above calculation correct? Am I correct with above calculation of additional 5 points for Uk exp?
Is it possible (practically) to maintain the range of 30k -35k for one year in UK?
When they say previous earnings of 30k - 35k, are they calculating them for last 12 months only or total number of months we stayed in UK?

I am concerned about this because if I wont get the extension and come back to India, it may be difficult for me to do job search again here.

I am basically interested to know the chances of me getting extension with the plan I have?(like searching for job from India ....). I request all to suggest your view on this. Thanks a lot for reading this.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:37 am

Please try to post your valuable thoughts here. Will be useful a lot for me. Thanks to all ...

nksg

Re: Can I apply r not with new changes? suggest your view pl

Post by nksg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Lucky,

Nothing is impossible.. you can make enough points while in UK required for extn.. i would say all depends on your hard work and Luck.

People get jobs exceeding 50K..

I would say unless you try how would you know that you will be able to acheve the required threshold for Extn..

Just look at the success stories from other members on this Forum...

N
lucky3 wrote:Hi All,

I have gone through new rules and I am getting 75-80 (35 education+25 earnings+20 age) points and eligible for tier 1 visa.

But my concern is with the VISA validity of 2 years. My plan is to look for job in UK being in India. I can wait for 6 - 9 months for job search from here.

With this plan - it may become difficult for me to get the extension as I will be having (35 education + 20age). Still I require 20 more points. This can be done if I am at least in the earnings range of 30,000 to 34999 (15 points + 5 more for UK experience and >25k previous earnings).

Is my above calculation correct? Am I correct with above calculation of additional 5 points for Uk exp?
Is it possible (practically) to maintain the range of 30k -35k for one year in UK?
When they say previous earnings of 30k - 35k, are they calculating them for last 12 months only or total number of months we stayed in UK?

I am concerned about this because if I wont get the extension and come back to India, it may be difficult for me to do job search again here.

I am basically interested to know the chances of me getting extension with the plan I have?(like searching for job from India ....). I request all to suggest your view on this. Thanks a lot for reading this.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks nksg for your views. I agree with your views. But can any one tell how much I needed to earn for qualifying for extension? Are the calculations done by me are correct? Thanks a lot ...

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:47 pm

lucky3 wrote:Thanks nksg for your views. I agree with your views. But can any one tell how much I needed to earn for qualifying for extension? Are the calculations done by me are correct? Thanks a lot ...
Use PBS and fill in details as if you are extending your stay. You will get all the answers.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Thank you T1_Mainframe. I have one doubt. Is it like all are eligible to claim extra 5 points for UK experience, if they have UK exp?

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Yes! if your Previous Earning points are based on income made in UK.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:10 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:Yes! if your Previous Earning points are based on income made in UK.
And if they are more than 16K according to the present rules and if more than 25K according to the new rules.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Plus, for extension (or even initial application) they count earnings over 12 consecutive months in 15 months period, NOT the total number of the months you stay here
Goodluck.

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:19 am

Thanks T1_Mainframe, Aruni4470 and [iD]. It was clear for me now. Thanking you once again.