ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at PEO Croydon. SET O - WP + Tier1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diago_nelson

Success at PEO Croydon. SET O - WP + Tier1

Post by diago_nelson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:11 am

I got my ILR on 15 March, at PEO croydon.
It was a SET (O) appln, with one dependent under WP + Tier1 category.

I arrived early at 08:10am for a 09:00am appt. they told me to wait till 08:30am.
They checked the appt. letter or the SMS confirmng the date/time of the appt.
After the initial security check, I was allowed on the grnd floor for initial doc verification.
The guy had access to all information on his database and filled in some form with details.
He stamped the appln as VALID and provided a TOKEN no. (IMP: Please keep this token safely till the end i.e. till you get your passport stamped with the visa).

I was told to go to the first floor and pay the fees.Paid by VISA debit card. Most of the major cards are accepted.

Was then asked to go the counter area for submission of the form.

I was soon called at exact 09:00 am and asked to submit all documents which I thought would support the application.
The documents I provided were: (all originals)
Application form with 2 photographs for myself and 2 for my wife.
Bank statements 6 months. (joint a/c)
Payslip 6 months
All P60's
Employer reference letter.
KOL pass certification letter.
All previous WP approval letters.
Absence letter from my wife.

I had taken marriage certficate, rent agreement and other address proofs but none were asked.

Caseworker asked me if I was out of the country for more than 90 days at a continuous stretch. The answer was No. Mine was a very starightforward case.
Caseworker told to wait for approx. 90 mins.
i didnt leave the building and saw her scrutinise each and every page of the passport.
She took copies of most of the documents.
She cross-checked all entry-exit stamps with the dates mentioned on the appln. form. (Although UK exit stamps were missing).
She then typed all of it in their database.
She called me after 1 1/2 hr that most of the checks have been successful and she was satisfied with my appln., although one check was still pending which could take time.
I was finally called at 10:45 and told that my appln. was successful.
She returned all original documents with 1 photgraph each.
She told that passports will be returned in next 30 mins at a diff. counter on the same floor.
At exact 11:15am, My TOKEN no. was called and passports returned with ILR stamp, with a accompanying HO letter.
Took approx. 2 hrs 45 mins for the entire process. It could have been faster but one of the checks took long time. So it depends on individual application.
Caseworker was very polite and helpful. In short, it was a good experience at PEO Croydon.

I would like to thank all the members of this forum for their help and guidance in making my ILR application successful.

I have personally gained a lot of knowledge from this very active forum !

All the best for those waiting.

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:20 am

Congrats diago....can you pls tell me the following?

When u applied for WP+Tier1 is the employment letter still required? Because the latest visa is Tier1 and as per that there is no requirement for employment letter. Also want to know what have you mentioned in the absence letter for your wife can I have a copy of that?

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks Cheers2boss !

Employer letter is not really required but I provided it anyways.

Absence letter should state that the applicant is not able to submit the form alongwith the main applicant, due to <mention reasons>. The dependent authorises the main applicant to submit the application with the his/her passport on his/her behalf.
Mention passport details of the dependent.

Signed by the dependent and addressed to Visa officer, HO, PEO office.
cheers2boss wrote:Congrats diago....can you pls tell me the following?

When u applied for WP+Tier1 is the employment letter still required? Because the latest visa is Tier1 and as per that there is no requirement for employment letter. Also want to know what have you mentioned in the absence letter for your wife can I have a copy of that?

positivesolitude

section 6.5

Post by positivesolitude » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:15 am

Congras Diego

we are applying for ILR next week and got a query please.Our 5 years is based on wp+wp+hsmp+tier -1 so was wondering if the answer is the date we got our wp stamped in march 2005 please?Can you clarify please?

We are also going to PEo Croydon..Fingers crossed now...just got our recent extension under tier-1 in Oct 09 till Oct 2012 but still fingers crossed.

Thanks

Preity

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:06 am

Hi,
Your ILR clock will begin on the date you entered UK and not the date of your WP vignette being stamped on the passport, unless you had legitimate leave to remain in the UK from beforehand.
Best Regards

kmrk123
Newly Registered

Online appointment

Post by kmrk123 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Congrats Diago!

Many thanks for sharing your valuable experience!!

In my case, I have 2 dependants (wife + kid). But I am not planning to bring them along with me during the appointment in PEO office.

I assume that you have booked your appointment online. For my case, do I need to book a family appointment or a normal (individual) appointment is sufficient? It is really difficult to get a family appointment and I have been trying hard for the last few weeks with no luck.

Any response on this is highly appreciated. Thank you!

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:37 pm

Yes it's definitely required to book a family appointment even though you are not planning to take your family to PEO.

diago_nelson

Re: Online appointment

Post by diago_nelson » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:41 pm

Thanks kmrk123!

You have to book a family appointment including your wife and kid too.
Search the forum to find the "good" time to book online appts.
kmrk123 wrote:Congrats Diago!

Many thanks for sharing your valuable experience!!

In my case, I have 2 dependants (wife + kid). But I am not planning to bring them along with me during the appointment in PEO office.

I assume that you have booked your appointment online. For my case, do I need to book a family appointment or a normal (individual) appointment is sufficient? It is really difficult to get a family appointment and I have been trying hard for the last few weeks with no luck.

Any response on this is highly appreciated. Thank you!

kmrk123
Newly Registered

Post by kmrk123 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:01 am

Thanks for clarifying Diago & Cheers2boss!
I will book the family appointment.

Also, I believe that the new fees from 6th Apr 2010 is NOT applicable for ILR applications on the basis of Tier-1 (as the new fees in applicable only for non-PBS routes). Please confirm if possible.

Thanks again!

IanK

Post by IanK » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Congrats Diago .. and again , thanks for all your help !

hameleon
Newly Registered

Post by hameleon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:04 am

cheers2boss wrote:Yes it's definitely required to book a family appointment even though you are not planning to take your family to PEO.
hi, guys!! Are sure about it? Because to book appointment for 2 is more difficult than for 1. Is it should be important reason if my wife will not attend with me? I'm 5yrs wp holder, same employer. Many thanks for any opinions.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 pm

hameleon wrote:
cheers2boss wrote:Yes it's definitely required to book a family appointment even though you are not planning to take your family to PEO.
hi, guys!! Are sure about it? Because to book appointment for 2 is more difficult than for 1. Is it should be important reason if my wife will not attend with me? I'm 5yrs wp holder, same employer. Many thanks for any opinions.
yes very sure, you need to book a family appointment if you are applying ILR for yourself and your dependents regardless of whether or not they attend the appointment i.e. because they would be looking at their passports/documents too and will be spending time on all applicants :)

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:51 am

completely agree wth vinseh !
vinseh wrote:
hameleon wrote:
yes very sure, you need to book a family appointment if you are applying ILR for yourself and your dependents regardless of whether or not they attend the appointment i.e. because they would be looking at their passports/documents too and will be spending time on all applicants :)

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:03 pm

hey thanks diago_nelson
:)

hameleon
Newly Registered

Post by hameleon » Sun May 09, 2010 2:56 am

vinseh wrote:
hameleon wrote:
Sorry for long delay vinseh. If you are still in forum please answer one more question. Did you hear somebody got ILR with 4 cont.months of unpaid leave? My absenses are 108 days in total and no more than 31 day in row. I know I should send to HO technical changes form but I didn't. I didn't change employer and didn't resign ... What do you think? Many thanks in advance