ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoA granted to tourist? URGENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RPatanakar
Newly Registered

CoA granted to tourist? URGENT

Post by RPatanakar » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:32 am

Hi,

I am UK citizen, currently tourist in India. Now engaged to indian citizen. I am not employed in UK at present and doubt I have the funds enough to prove I am settled in UK to sponsor him as spouse. We want to visit UK in May for an important religious event..... if he comes as a tourist, and we decide to stay in UK and try and adjust his status to spouse, can we get the CoA needed to marry if he has tourist status? I have read the CoA only gratned to those have been granted over 6 months leave to enter or remain and
have at least 3 months of this leave to remaining at the time of making the application. Seeing as a tourist visa only valid UP TO 6 months, does this mean it's impossible for us to do it that way? Want to avoid him returning to india to apply as fiancee etc.
Many thanks,
Rachel

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:11 am

does this mean it's impossible for us to do it that way? Want to avoid him returning to India to apply as fiancé etc.
Yes, if he just has a visitor visa then it is impossible for him to get a CoA.

You want to avoid him "returning to India to apply as fiancé"? The answer is clear. He should not come on a visitor visa ... he should come on a fiancé visa! Problem solved!
John