ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:59 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai, I got your PM and now I reckon that may be by next Friday (not the coming one) we will have our decisions. The first working day your application was received by HO is 01/03 and usually it takes 3 weeks for a decision to be made and then another 10 days for the 2nd class post to arrive.
Thanks Brightest Star. I wish It could happend on next Friday.
I've another problem as well. I'm about to change my house. So when is the best time to contact Home Office for new address? Shall I inform them ( once change property ) or receive the approval letter on present address ( I can manage to receive it on present address )? What do you guys reckon?

Regards,
it will probably slow down the process of your application....if you can receive your approval letter in the previous address then just keep it that way ...best of luck

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 am

joelondon wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai, I got your PM and now I reckon that may be by next Friday (not the coming one) we will have our decisions. The first working day your application was received by HO is 01/03 and usually it takes 3 weeks for a decision to be made and then another 10 days for the 2nd class post to arrive.
I've another problem as well. I'm about to change my house. So when is the best time to contact Home Office for new address? Shall I inform them ( once change property ) or receive the approval letter on present address ( I can manage to receive it on present address )? What do you guys reckon?

Regards,
it will probably slow down the process of your application....if you can receive your approval letter in the previous address then just keep it that way ...best of luck
Thanks jeolondon for your kind advise. :)
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:44 am

Tim555 wrote:

Regards,
Tim Bhai, I suggest wait until your application is approved and make sure you can still access your old mail box. I am sure we will get our decisions soon. Please keep us updated if you call UKBA again. Thx

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:20 am

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Regards,
Tim Bhai, I suggest wait until your application is approved and make sure you can still access your old mail box. I am sure we will get our decisions soon. Please keep us updated if you call UKBA again. Thx

Brightest S, any updates from you?
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:26 pm

kindley wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Regards,

None from my side Kindley..How about at your end??

kindley

Post by kindley » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi Brightest Star.

There's no updates really. Let's hope sooner than later we get good news.

Brightest Star wrote:
kindley wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Regards,
Tim Bhai, I suggest wait until your application is approved and make sure you can still access
your old mail box. I am sure we will get our decisions soon. Please keep us updated if you call UKBA again. Thx

None from my side Kindley..How about at your end??

azface
Newly Registered

Average processing time for first adult passport

Post by azface » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:27 pm

azface wrote:Hi all,

I have been keenly following this thread to estimate my timeline - thanks for all your regular contributions.

Here's my timeline so far...

NCS or Postal : NCS Barnet
Date of submission or posting : 01/02/2010
Date recieved by HO: 04/02/2010
CRITERIA: 5 yrs EEA Spouse + 1 yr PR = 6 yrs
Date of debit of Card : 5/02/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 12/02/2010 (Dated 05/02/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : 12/03/2010
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 25/03/2010

Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

My question is...

I have travel plans (flights booked) from 23rd April with my wife and baby - I had originally planned to travel on my non-UK passport as I wasn't expecting the citizenship application approval to come through so soon. However, now I must admit I am tempted to put my British passport to some good use for my journey. But my dilemma is that even if I apply the day after my citizenship ceremony i.e. 26/03/2010, it leaves just over 3 weeks to get my passport - not to mention with Easter break in the middle. I am not sure if I should go ahead and apply or potentially wait until June when I will again be in a position to hand in my original passport with my UK passport application.

Based on the collective judgement on this forum (in context of my situation), I am looking to understand whether or not 3 weeks is enough time to get my British passport.

All views welcome.

Thanks!

All,

Since my original post, I contacted my local council and managed to convince them to bring my citizenship ceremony forward. They were vry helpful and managed to get me a slot for the next day's group ceremony so didn't have to pay anything extra (phew).

I applied for my passport application yesterday i.e. 17th March via 'check and send'. I am still supposed to fly on 23rd April and wanted to get a sense from you all whether 17th March to 22nd April is sufficient time for me to receive my original and British passport? Obviouly, Easter is still there in the middle...

Any views from people like Spartac who have gone through the process would be much appreciated.

p.s. also, can I expect to be called for an interview pre-Easter? Is there any way to speed up the process?

Thanks!
AF

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Regards,
Brightest Star thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately no updates today. I rang them UP today at 4.00 pm they said application is in process under intial checking, not yet allocated to caseworker. Its very strange just 4 weeks ago I got ILR, intial checking should not be that long as they've already done it on ILR. Lets hope for the best. INSHALLAH We'll ve good news next week.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:

Regards,
Brightest Star thanks for suggestion. Unfortunately no updates today. I rang them UP today at 4.00 pm they said application is in process under intial checking, not yet allocated to caseworker. Its very strange just 4 weeks ago I got ILR, intial checking should not be that long as they've already done it on ILR. Lets hope for the best. INSHALLAH We'll ve good news next week.

Regards,
This is very weird Tim Bhai that the initial checks are not over yet. I suspect that they are not passing the most up to date informations. I tried calling them up again but could not get through.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Just a quick update Yarons. Didn't get to ring UKBA (HO) today as was busy at work all day. Got home to a card from DX secure delivery as no one was home all day. Rang them up to get it redelivered and they said the delivery was from the Home Office. They kindly are re-delivering on Saturday as I'm at work again tomorrow and they don't open weekends for collection.

Did anyone who sent their application via postal get their documents back via DX?

I'll try ringing UKBA tomorrow to get a further update. I'm hoping that it is just the original documents and that they had enough to make a decision on from what I've already sent.

I've seen some posts here from postal applications that their documents got sent back before the decision letter and some that had the decision letter included in with their documents when they got sent back! I'm excited at the same time anxious and hoping that it's good news! :)

yarons

Post by yarons » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:53 pm

freddfrog wrote:Just a quick update Yarons. Didn't get to ring UKBA (HO) today as was busy at work all day. Got home to a card from DX secure delivery as no one was home all day. Rang them up to get it redelivered and they said the delivery was from the Home Office. They kindly are re-delivering on Saturday as I'm at work again tomorrow and they don't open weekends for collection.

Did anyone who sent their application via postal get their documents back via DX?

I'll try ringing UKBA tomorrow to get a further update. I'm hoping that it is just the original documents and that they had enough to make a decision on from what I've already sent.

I've seen some posts here from postal applications that their documents got sent back before the decision letter and some that had the decision letter included in with their documents when they got sent back! I'm excited at the same time anxious and hoping that it's good news! :)
Thanks for the update, freddfrog. I hope it will be good news for you.
Don't forget to keep us posted soon after you open that envelope on Saturday :)

thiagofali
Newly Registered

final update

Post by thiagofali » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Hi guys,

I've finally gotten my passport today.... here is my final update of my timeline for comparison:

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Westminster
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British Citizen 3yrs + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 23/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 26/01/10 (dated 22/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 16/02/10 (dated 13/02/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 24/02/10
Date of passport application : 24/02/10
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 15/03/10
Date of Receipt of Passport: 18/03/10 (issued on the 15/03/10)

AmaLondon
Newly Registered

Post by AmaLondon » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : Postal 13/03/2010
Date of submission or posting : 13/03/2010
Date recieved by HO: 15/03/2010
CRITERIA: Ancestry 6.5yrs
Date of debit of Card : 17/03/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 20/03/2010 (17/03/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application :Pending

Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending
Last edited by AmaLondon on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spartac

Re: final update

Post by Spartac » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:53 am

thiagofali wrote:Hi guys,

I've finally gotten my passport today.... here is my final update of my timeline for comparison:

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Westminster
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British Citizen 3yrs + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 23/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 26/01/10 (dated 22/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 16/02/10 (dated 13/02/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 24/02/10
Date of passport application : 24/02/10
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 15/03/10
Date of Receipt of Passport: 18/03/10 (issued on the 15/03/10)
That great news. Many congratulations.

I recall you had a rather rude shock the last time you updated us, when you were asked to provide further information. Just out of interest, and for the benefit of others, how did you deal with that request.

Regards - Spartac

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:35 am

Yarons and others, just another quick update:

Rang UKBA (HO) this morning and said I spoke to my caseworker the other day and was wondering if a decision has been made. She looked it up on the computer and she said yes, a decision has been made and that my documents have been sent back.

I asked if the decision letter was included in the documents sent and she said yes! I'm hoping this is the case and that I don't have to wait for it to come 2nd class.

Now I'm very anxious on awaiting the DX secure delivery tomorrow with my delivery from the Home Office! :shock:

Will update everyone tomorrow - fingers crossed it is good news!

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:44 am

freddfrog wrote:Yarons and others, just another quick update:

Rang UKBA (HO) this morning and said I spoke to my caseworker the other day and was wondering if a decision has been made. She looked it up on the computer and she said yes, a decision has been made and that my documents have been sent back.

I asked if the decision letter was included in the documents sent and she said yes! I'm hoping this is the case and that I don't have to wait for it to come 2nd class.

Now I'm very anxious on awaiting the DX secure delivery tomorrow with my delivery from the Home Office! :shock:

Will update everyone tomorrow - fingers crossed it is good news!
Good news. I had a hunch that would be the case :)

Now you and I have to wait for the letters to find out the outcome. Hopefully it's good news all around. Are you planning on ringing your council and check whether they received a letter?

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:01 am

Tim Bhai and Other Followers of this thread, I was told this morning that a decision has already been made earlier this week but a letter is yet to be sent out to me. What does this means? Tim Bhai, please you give them another call today to check the status and INSHALLAH you will have a good news.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:09 am

yarons wrote: Good news. I had a hunch that would be the case :)

Now you and I have to wait for the letters to find out the outcome. Hopefully it's good news all around. Are you planning on ringing your council and check whether they received a letter?
Thanks Yarons, any ideas what I ask the council if I ring? Do I just ask if they've received notification of my naturalisation or ask if they've received a naturalisation certificate in my name?

Any advice appreciated. :)

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:16 am

Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai and Other Followers of this thread, I was told this morning that a decision has already been made earlier this week but a letter is yet to be sent out to me. What does this means? Tim Bhai, please you give them another call today to check the status and INSHALLAH you will have a good news.
Hi Brightest, I think from reading back through the thread this means that it goes to the department which posts out the letter after caseworker has generated the decision letter. Once they post it out an entry on the computer will show correspondence sent so it may be worth ringing again later in the day to check or first thing Monday to find out if it's been sent.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:46 am

Rang my local council to check if my naturalisation certificate is there and they couldn’t find one under my name. They said that I’d normally receive a letter from the home office inviting me to call the council to book a ceremony before they would have it and that would normally be another 7 days following the decision letter.

Does anyone know if the letter inviting you to book and attend a ceremony is sent separately from the decision letter and does it normally arrive after the decision letter?

Thanks!

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:54 am

Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai and Other Followers of this thread, I was told this morning that a decision has already been made earlier this week but a letter is yet to be sent out to me. What does this means? Tim Bhai, please you give them another call today to check the status and INSHALLAH you will have a good news.
I believe it's good news. I'm sooo excited for you probably because our timelines are so close.

Please keep the board updated.

Good luck!

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 pm

freddfrog wrote:Rang my local council to check if my naturalisation certificate is there and they couldn’t find one under my name. They said that I’d normally receive a letter from the home office inviting me to call the council to book a ceremony before they would have it and that would normally be another 7 days following the decision letter.

Does anyone know if the letter inviting you to book and attend a ceremony is sent separately from the decision letter and does it normally arrive after the decision letter?

Thanks!
I think I read somewhere that yes - you do get the invitation to the ceremony separately and after the decision letter but I'm not 100% sure where I've seen that.

Btw, did you call the council or the register office?

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:35 pm

freddfrog wrote:
Hi Brightest, I think from reading back through the thread this means that it goes to the department which posts out the letter after caseworker has generated the decision letter. Once they post it out an entry on the computer will show correspondence sent so it may be worth ringing again later in the day to check or first thing Monday to find out if it's been sent.
Okk thanks Freddfrog.....I will call them up about 4PM tonight and yes will certainly keep the forum updated. Thx and good luch to all

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:35 pm

yarons wrote:
freddfrog wrote:Rang my local council to check if my naturalisation certificate is there and they couldn’t find one under my name. They said that I’d normally receive a letter from the home office inviting me to call the council to book a ceremony before they would have it and that would normally be another 7 days following the decision letter.

Thanks!
I think I read somewhere that yes - you do get the invitation to the ceremony separately and after the decision letter but I'm not 100% sure where I've seen that.

Btw, did you call the council or the register office?
Sorry, yep, rang the register office section of the council and they looked the the pile of certificates they currently have.

Next group ceremony is on Apr 8th so I'm hoping mine is an approval and it comes soon! If not, next one is 6th May. I asked about private ceremony and it was £80 which I thought was reasonable.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all og us who are waiting for decision letters!

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Thanks!
Well may posts in the past said that you receive a 2 in 1 letter and some has reported of receiving two different letters at a weeks gap or so. Ofcourse the 1st letter tells about the decision and the 2nd letter instructs to call the local council for an appointment.