ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late submission of HSMP extension application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kak
Newly Registered

Late submission of HSMP extension application

Post by kak » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi,

My HSMP entry clearance is valid till 28th March however I will not be able to apply for extension before 1st April, please advice is it going to be any problem with that delay.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:11 pm

The latest you can send is 28th March if sent by ROyal mail with sent receipt.. if you send after ur expiry date.. i think it will be rejected as you are not legal to live in the country after 28th march

why you can not apply before 1st april?

wphsmpteir1

Post by wphsmpteir1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Ramesh is wright, if you visa expires then you cannot stay in the country legally.

Please explain your special circumstances

kak
Newly Registered

Post by kak » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:44 am

The problem is that I am posted out of UK by my employer and the earliest I can come over is 27th March therefore even if I will send my application through courier I think it will take atleast two days which could be 29th March whereas my entry clearance is expiring on 28th March .
I will appreciate your suggestions please
Or please advice
Is it possible that while I am out of UK can I apply for my extension without coming to UK, any possibility, because the problem is that at the moment I am deputed to a very important project and I can not afford to leave that project at least for some time.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:15 pm

You can ask your employer to send this application to Home office with complete explanation for the delay in submission.

When my application reached home office it was late by a day or so but i was hospitalized & they accepted the reason but i had to send the proof as well to support my claim

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:35 pm

come back to UK and send your application containing at least following 1. Passport 2, Photos and fee. and mention in your application that you will send rest of the documents asap. Give the reason of being posted abroad (take a letter from your employer and send with your application)

If you are not confident then please take help of some professional

I am 100% sure you will be alright. Else I think, yes you can make application for extension in any BHC.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:23 pm

applying late would be an instantly decline your application AND removal from the country as you'd be illegal
best way is to keep everything ready and send it on the day you come back
as long as you SEND the document before becoming illegal you're covered
Goodluck.

kak
Newly Registered

Post by kak » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:11 am

Is this possible to apply for extension in any of the BHC, if yes anyone aware of the process.

I noticed that even if I will reach London 26th Evening then I will be able to courier my passports and documents earliest by same night even though I believe Home office will not be able to receive it before 29th March because 28th is the Sunday and this is the late date of validity.

I will appreciate your quick assistance please, incase it is possible to apply for extension in BHC then it will be ideal for me, please send quick responses

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:24 am

I am just a bit confused on the date of application
just confirm from other people if it's the date you SEND your application or the date HO receives it

I think it's the date you post your application and i'm correct then as long as you send your application (via special delivery if preferably) before your leave expires, you're good
Goodluck.

kak
Newly Registered

Post by kak » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:31 am

good point anyone to confirm that and anyone please update on the possibility of applying in a BHC

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:37 am

kak wrote:Is this possible to apply for extension in any of the BHC, if yes anyone aware of the process.

I noticed that even if I will reach London 26th Evening then I will be able to courier my passports and documents earliest by same night even though I believe Home office will not be able to receive it before 29th March because 28th is the Sunday and this is the late date of validity.

I will appreciate your quick assistance please, incase it is possible to apply for extension in BHC then it will be ideal for me, please send quick responses
If you reach London by the 26th night, get all your documents ready by the next day and send it through royal mail special delivery. As [iD] said above it is the date of posting considered as the date of application if sent by royal mail. DO NOT use the courier. Make sure you reach the post office early because 27th is a Saturday and most of the post offices close by 12.30pm. Make sure you keep the proof of postage (receipt) safe so that you can prove that you posted it in time (if necessary). All the best!!!