ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit to Tier 1 (General).Advice needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thillaga
Newly Registered

Work Permit to Tier 1 (General).Advice needed

Post by thillaga » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:29 am

Dear Members,

I am currently in UK on work permit issued (Jan 2007 - Jan 2012). I would like to make a Tier 1 (General) application and I appreciate if anyone could advice me on the followings.

a.) While being employed full time in UK I did some part time jobs from India. Its basically some engineering drawings checks. The part time job was paid based on hourly rate and I made sure my hours were within the allowable limitation for work permit holders. I was paid Indian Rupee 130 808 which is approx £2000. Now as that earning is from India can I use a multiplier factor? Mean to say £2000x5.3 = £10300

Hope to hear some good advice from experts.

Many thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:49 am

I think you can not.

dima
Member of Standing

Re: Work Permit to Tier 1 (General).Advice needed

Post by dima » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 am

thillaga wrote:Dear Members,

I am currently in UK on work permit issued (Jan 2007 - Jan 2012). I would like to make a Tier 1 (General) application and I appreciate if anyone could advice me on the followings.

a.) While being employed full time in UK I did some part time jobs from India. Its basically some engineering drawings checks. The part time job was paid based on hourly rate and I made sure my hours were within the allowable limitation for work permit holders. I was paid Indian Rupee 130 808 which is approx £2000. Now as that earning is from India can I use a multiplier factor? Mean to say £2000x5.3 = £10300

Hope to hear some good advice from experts.

Many thanks
As per guidlies You will not be able to use your self employment earnings if you are applying from WP to Tier1.
Also, You cant indeed use uplift factor for indian sal, when you are earning in the UK and applying from the UK.

thillaga
Newly Registered

Post by thillaga » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Could you please advice me which guidelines you are refering to :

"As per guidlies You will not be able to use your self employment earnings if you are applying from WP to Tier1"

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:41 pm

thillaga wrote:Could you please advice me which guidelines you are refering to :

"As per guidlies You will not be able to use your self employment earnings if you are applying from WP to Tier1"
WP/Tier2/Tier2 intra company transfer employees, when they apply for Tier1 can not use their other earning i.e from outside the pay from their compnay which has sponsored them the WP/Tier2,this is considered breach of WP obligations. Consequently, those earnings will be rejected by HO.
I suggest, you can search in this forum on this subject and there has been many discussions on the similar topic Or wait for any senior members/mod to confirm on this.