ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA Ext. Family Member Already Lawfully in the UK CS?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ed.dude
Newly Registered

Non-EEA Ext. Family Member Already Lawfully in the UK CS?

Post by ed.dude » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:03 am

Hello again,

Is there any case study for a Non-EEA extended family member who was already here lawfully in the UK and now wants to apply for the EEA2?

My bruv(a non-EEA) who has been here lawfully for sometime and applied for the EEA2 resident card but was refused wants to know if there's any case study on such applications. I(an EEA member) rather joined him here in the UK and he was lawfully resident b4 his visa expired when the EEA2 application was in the HO.

He's gone for an appeal and thus we would like to know if there's any case study like that?

Further, which is better? Oral Hearing or the Written one?

thanks.

ed.dude
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EEA Ext. Family Member Already Lawfully in the UK CS

Post by ed.dude » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:31 pm

ed.dude wrote:Hello again,

Is there any case study for a Non-EEA extended family member who was already here lawfully in the UK and now wants to apply for the EEA2?

My bruv(a non-EEA) who has been here lawfully for sometime and applied for the EEA2 resident card but was refused wants to know if there's any case study on such applications. I(an EEA member) rather joined him here in the UK and he was lawfully resident b4 his visa expired when the EEA2 application was in the HO.

He's gone for an appeal and thus we would like to know if there's any case study like that?

thanks.
Guys, check this piece of info: See 2.4 for Extended Family members. Does that mean Extended family need not stay with their EEA Sponsors in another EEA state? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Brown212

Re: Non-EEA Ext. Family Member Already Lawfully in the UK CS

Post by Brown212 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:22 pm

ed.dude wrote:
ed.dude wrote:Hello again,

thanks.
Guys, check this piece of info: See 2.4 for Extended Family members. Does that mean Extended family need not stay with their EEA Sponsors in another EEA state? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary[/quoteAn applicant may be considered under regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations if s/he falls within any of the following conditions (see overleaf):
•
Was living as part of the EEA national’s household in an EEA state before the EEA national came to the United Kingdom¹; or
•
Is living as part of the EEA national’s household in the United Kingdom; or
•
Has joined the EEA national in the UK and continues to be dependent on the EEA national or his/her spouse (see section 2.3.2); or
•
Strictly requires personal care from the EEA national on serious health grounds; or
•
Can prove that s/he is in a durable relationship with the EEA national²
The regulation clearly states the application may be considered if they can meet any of the above. take note of "OR"