ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thiagofali
Newly Registered

Re: final update

Post by thiagofali » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Spartac,

basically I had to send my tenancy agreement proving that I have been living at my address for the last three years... I got annoyed because I couldn't and still cannot understand what does it have to do with obtaining a passport (travel document). I have become British during the Naturalisation ceremony, and they were still questioning my right to obtain the passport...

Anyway, it was sorted and I received the passport... Finally...

But if I couldn;t prove where I had lived for the last 3 years (and they couldn't accept bank statements or utility bills... can u imagine that?) with a letter of some sort from my landlord or employer or GP, I would probably have problems with getting the passport.. Which is totally ludicrous.... Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck and I also hope that no one has to pass through this, as I did. I think that in my case, the problem was that I was not registered in the electoral roll, because I was not entitled to before the naturalisation ceremony... If you are already registered in the electoral roll, you shouldn't have any problem...

But I still think that to get a passport... you shouldn't need to prove where did you live for the last 3 years.. I had to prove enough things to the Border agency throughout all the time I had been here in the UK... The other fact that shocked me is that the IPS does not share information with the Border Agency, so even if everything was ok with the border agency, I still had to prove, beyond the Naturalisation certificate (which in my opinion should be enough), my right to have a passport...

Sorry for the long response... When you asked me that, my anger and passion about this incident arose all again.. Lol

Take care
Spartac wrote:
thiagofali wrote:Hi guys,

I've finally gotten my passport today.... here is my final update of my timeline for comparison:

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Westminster
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British Citizen 3yrs + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 23/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 26/01/10 (dated 22/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 16/02/10 (dated 13/02/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 24/02/10
Date of passport application : 24/02/10
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 15/03/10
Date of Receipt of Passport: 18/03/10 (issued on the 15/03/10)
That great news. Many congratulations.

I recall you had a rather rude shock the last time you updated us, when you were asked to provide further information. Just out of interest, and for the benefit of others, how did you deal with that request.

Regards - Spartac

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:17 pm

hi freddfrog

what you will receive from the HO is one letter only, and it has two sections , on the top :confirmation of approval and the the other section is information about how to book you ceremony including the phone number of your local register office , BUT what i found weird in you case is that you stated that the letter (which you not sure what is) arrived yesterday by recorded delivery , and today you phoned your local register office and they said they have not received your . IN MOST CASES the register office receive the certificate before you do or at least the same time.
IF I WERE YOU i would double check with the register office ,try to speak to the manager and get the correct information

good luck

Brightest Star

Re: final update

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 pm

thiagofali wrote:Hi Spartac,

basically I had to send my tenancy agreement proving that I have been living at my address for the last three years... I got annoyed because I couldn't and still cannot understand what does it have to do with obtaining a passport (travel document). I have become British during the Naturalisation ceremony, and they were still questioning my right to obtain the passport...

Anyway, it was sorted and I received the passport... Finally...

But if I couldn;t prove where I had lived for the last 3 years (and they couldn't accept bank statements or utility bills... can u imagine that?) with a letter of some sort from my landlord or employer or GP, I would probably have problems with getting the passport.. Which is totally ludicrous.... Anyway, I wish you all the best of luck and I also hope that no one has to pass through this, as I did. I think that in my case, the problem was that I was not registered in the electoral roll, because I was not entitled to before the naturalisation ceremony... If you are already registered in the electoral roll, you shouldn't have any problem...

But I still think that to get a passport... you shouldn't need to prove where did you live for the last 3 years.. I had to prove enough things to the Border agency throughout all the time I had been here in the UK... The other fact that shocked me is that the IPS does not share information with the Border Agency, so even if everything was ok with the border agency, I still had to prove, beyond the Naturalisation certificate (which in my opinion should be enough), my right to have a passport...

Sorry for the long response... When you asked me that, my anger and passion about this incident arose all again.. Lol

Take care
Spartac wrote:
thiagofali wrote:Hi guys,

I've finally gotten my passport today.... here is my final update of my timeline for comparison:

Here is my Time Line
NCS or Postal : NCS Westminster
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British Citizen 3yrs + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 23/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgement : 26/01/10 (dated 22/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 16/02/10 (dated 13/02/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 24/02/10
Date of passport application : 24/02/10
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: 15/03/10
Date of Receipt of Passport: 18/03/10 (issued on the 15/03/10)
That great news. Many congratulations.

I recall you had a rather rude shock the last time you updated us, when you were asked to provide further information. Just out of interest, and for the benefit of others, how did you deal with that request.

Regards - Spartac
Hello Thaigofali, many congrats to you. Can I ask you one question, when you received your approval letter from UKBA was it second class post??? I know they send acknlgment in 2nd class and not too sure about how they send the approval letter. Many thanks.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:20 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
freddfrog wrote:Rang my local council to check if my naturalisation certificate is there and they couldn’t find one under my name. They said that I’d normally receive a letter from the home office inviting me to call the council to book a ceremony before they would have it and that would normally be another 7 days following the decision letter.

Does anyone know if the letter inviting you to book and attend a ceremony is sent separately from the decision letter and does it normally arrive after the decision letter?

Thanks!
Well may posts in the past said that you receive a 2 in 1 letter and some has reported of receiving two different letters at a weeks gap or so. Ofcourse the 1st letter tells about the decision and the 2nd letter instructs to call the local council for an appointment.
Thanks for this, I'm hoping this will be the case. Either way, I suppose I'll find out tomorrow with the delivery from the HO.

Will keep everyone posted.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:29 pm

kindley wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai and Other Followers of this thread, I was told this morning that a decision has already been made earlier this week but a letter is yet to be sent out to me. What does this means? Tim Bhai, please you give them another call today to check the status and INSHALLAH you will have a good news.
I believe it's good news. I'm sooo excited for you probably because our timelines are so close.

Please keep the board updated.

Good luck!
Thanks Kindley, will keep the board updated. What is your latest update? Has the HO sent you any letter or if you know a decision has already been made??

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:33 pm

safwan wrote:hi freddfrog

what you will receive from the HO is one letter only, and it has two sections , on the top :confirmation of approval and the the other section is information about how to book you ceremony including the phone number of your local register office , BUT what i found weird in you case is that you stated that the letter (which you not sure what is) arrived yesterday by recorded delivery , and today you phoned your local register office and they said they have not received your . IN MOST CASES the register office receive the certificate before you do or at least the same time.
IF I WERE YOU i would double check with the register office ,try to speak to the manager and get the correct information

good luck
Thanks safwan, this is what I was worried about as some had their certificates delivered ahead of the decision letter. Unless maybe because mine was postal and it was easier to just include the decision letter in the secure (faster) delivery that it was meant to get to me faster than what they send to the council?

I've seen that the decision letters normally arrive 10 days after a decision is made as it is sent by 2nd class which allows time for the council to have received the certificate when you contact them.

Thanks again!

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:26 pm

HI ALL,

i just got my certificate yesterday[18 Feb, 10], Applied on 20 Jan , got approval on 6 March. so offcially im now british. thanxs all of you for ur kind support. i highly appricate that because i reallly needed it as im really bad at patient by nature..

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:53 pm

hi Eskar

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:54 pm

hi ESKAR

i can see you now jumping up and down :D :D

congratulation

kindley

Post by kindley » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi Brightest S, i have no updates. Nothing yet from the UKBA. I hope there'll be some sort of progress next week.
Brightest Star wrote:
kindley wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai and Other Followers of this thread, I was told this morning that a decision has already been made earlier this week but a letter is yet to be sent out to me. What does this means? Tim Bhai, please you give them another call today to check the status and INSHALLAH you will have a good news.
I believe it's good news. I'm sooo excited for you probably because our timelines are so close.

Please keep the board updated.

Good luck!
Thanks Kindley, will keep the board updated. What is your latest update? Has the HO sent you any letter or if you know a decision has already been made??
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 pm

alot of stress & anxiety
i called home office on tuesday & was informed that a decision was made on my application. i was expecting that my council would have received the certificate today.
i phoned my council today & they checked todays post & said that there is no certificate in my name.
I phone home office & they said that they cant tell me if the letters has been sent or not. i asked if a letter vwas sent to concil but the phone adviser was very clever & said he can not tell me
very Anxious now
dont you think that if decision was made on tuesday then council should have received it by now

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:38 pm

citizen1000 wrote: alot of stress & anxiety
i called home office on tuesday & was informed that a decision was made on my application. i was expecting that my council would have received the certificate today.
i phoned my council today & they checked todays post & said that there is no certificate in my name.
I phone home office & they said that they cant tell me if the letters has been sent or not. i asked if a letter vwas sent to concil but the phone adviser was very clever & said he can not tell me
very Anxious now
dont you think that if decision was made on tuesday then council should have received it by now
Citizen1000, may I ask which council? My decision was made early this week as well but my council receives the certificates only once every Wednesday. May be we both have the same council...

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
very Anxious now
Citizen1000, may I ask which council? My decision was made early this week as well but my council receives the certificates only once every Wednesday. May be we both have the same council...
hI bRIGHTEST
please see PM

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 pm

citizen1000 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
very Anxious now
hI bRIGHTEST
please see PM
Hi Citizen 1000, just replied to your IM

yarons

Post by yarons » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 pm

very Anxious now
Hi citizen1000

A decision on my case was also made on Tuesday. I called UKBA today to ask whether the letter was dispatched and they said it was printed but hasn't left the office yet and that I should get it some time next week.
I then called my council to see if they got anything by any chance but they did not. I guess that's normal as from looking at other people's experience, it takes around 7-10 days to get the letter from day of decision. I guess it takes them 2-4 days to prepare the letter and dispatch it and then 3-5 days for the 2nd class mail to arrive.

Patience is a virtue, they say :)

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
citizen1000 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
very Anxious now
hI bRIGHTEST
please see PM
cant see ur IM

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:27 pm

yarons wrote:
very Anxious now
Hi citizen1000

A decision on my case was also made on Tuesday. I called UKBA today to ask whether the letter was dispatched and they said it was printed but hasn't left the office yet and that I should get it some time next week.
I then called my council to see if they got anything by any chance but they did not. I guess that's normal as from looking at other people's experience, it takes around 7-10 days to get the letter from day of decision. I guess it takes them 2-4 days to prepare the letter and dispatch it and then 3-5 days for the 2nd class mail to arrive.

Hi Yarons
thanks for ur information.
the wait is the most difficult part

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:30 pm

citizen1000 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
citizen1000 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
hI bRIGHTEST
please see PM
cant see ur IM
Strange...checked my sent item and there it is...but never mind all I wanted to say my friend is please do not worry...everything will be alrite and you will receive a letter I am sure latest by next Saturday.....

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:32 pm

yarons wrote:
very Anxious now
Hi citizen1000

Yaron is correct Citizen1000. I completely agree with him. I guess Citizen 1000, Yaron, me & Tim bhai will be receiving the letters about the same time.

Tim Bhai...where have you disappeared????

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:08 am

Eskar wrote:HI ALL,

i just got my certificate yesterday[18 Feb, 10], Applied on 20 Jan , got approval on 6 March. so offcially im now british. thanxs all of you for ur kind support. i highly appricate that because i reallly needed it as im really bad at patient by nature..

Congrats Eskar - there was never any doubt! Now hoping that the delivery of my original documents come shortly so I can check if there i a letter in with it!

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:47 am

freddfrog wrote:

Congrats Eskar - there was never any doubt! Now hoping that the delivery of my original documents come shortly so I can check if there i a letter in with it!
Has it arrived yet??? Can't wait to hear a good news from you soon.....

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:23 am

Hi Brightest Star,

Thats great :D , I am very happy for you :P . Inshallah a very good news is waiting for you. I guess after decision, approval letter takes 7 to 10 days to reach the applicant. Is it right?

From my side no updates yet. I could not manage to call them on friday. Inshallah I'll contact them on monday. Wish me good look.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:25 am

Great news eskar bahi. Congratssss. Wish you good luck for rest of your journey. Any updates on Mum's application?

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 am

Brightest Star wrote:
freddfrog wrote:

Has it arrived yet??? Can't wait to hear a good news from you soon.....
Not yet Brightest, the time on the attempted delivery on Thursday was 11:45 so I'm expecting about the same time - the clock is going really slow! :D

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:33 am

Brightest Star wrote:
yarons wrote:
very Anxious now
Hi citizen1000

Yaron is correct Citizen1000. I completely agree with him. I guess Citizen 1000, Yaron, me & Tim bhai will be receiving the letters about the same time.

Tim Bhai...where have you disappeared????
Brightest Star bhai, I'm around bit busy. You were right, home office was not updating the information. Now its great news if decision has been made. Bhai when did home office receive your application ( mine on 01/03/2010) ?