ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

speedsven

Dependent visa Query

Post by speedsven » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:57 am

Hi All,

Currently I have Tier 1 Genaral visa.

I am planning to apply for dependent visa for my spouse.

I come across below policy document:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... policy.pdf

Its not mentioned anything regarding accomadation & payslips in above document.

As my contract is finished i am not in a position to get payslips.

Do I need to provide latest payslips to apply for dependent visa?

Also,Please provide me the dependent visa documents check list.

Thanks..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Yes, you dont need to submit both of them but ppl do submit just to be on safeside..

please find the below link for Supporting documents for dependent visa...

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... checklist/

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... cchecklist

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 pm

today have been bangalore VFS for my wife(tier 1 ) dependent visa. have taken following documents
1. Last 3 months bank statements and letter from Bank manager (State bank of India) having enough funds (more than four lacks)
3. Photograph
4. Marriage certificate as relationship evidence
5. Wedding photographs
6. Passport (Wife)
7. Passport copies (Main Applicant)

but crazy thing is that she advised me to get 3 months payslips, 6 month bank statement , any FD's , booked ticket( i am in india), tenancy agreement and wedding card , photographs etc
when i asked her, these are all not mentioned in policy guidence or checklist! then she said yes, but for safer side you should attach
i got scared !!?
i came back without submission.

Got approved tier 1 visa 3months ago and at present( last 3 months) in india without proper job, applying jobs in UK and planing to go uk end of this month.

dear friends any tips from you so that i can handle my wife's depedant visa?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:45 pm

katanayi wrote:today have been bangalore VFS for my wife(tier 1 ) dependent visa. have taken following documents
1. Last 3 months bank statements and letter from Bank manager (State bank of India) having enough funds (more than four lacks)
3. Photograph
4. Marriage certificate as relationship evidence
5. Wedding photographs
6. Passport (Wife)
7. Passport copies (Main Applicant)

but crazy thing is that she advised me to get 3 months payslips, 6 month bank statement , any FD's , booked ticket( i am in india), tenancy agreement and wedding card , photographs etc
when i asked her, these are all not mentioned in policy guidence or checklist! then she said yes, but for safer side you should attach
i got scared !!?
i came back without submission.

Got approved tier 1 visa 3months ago and at present( last 3 months) in india without proper job, applying jobs in UK and planing to go uk end of this month.

dear friends any tips from you so that i can handle my wife's depedant visa?
OMG these VFS guys are the limit. :evil:
You don need to submit accomodation proof, employemnt proof etc if you are still in india and do not have job yet in the UK( The very main intention of Tier1 is that applicants need not have job ready in the UK).

However, you need to submit your wedding pics, invitation cards etc to prove your valid marriage along with maintenence funds , wedding certificate etc.

Don worry & go ahead submit your application.

speedsven

Post by speedsven » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:11 am

Thanks Ramesh..

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:05 am

Hi katanayi and speedsven,

Have you got the visa for your dependents?

I am also in planning of to apply dependent visa to my wife.

I got visa 3 months before and I am currently in India and not traveled yet to UK.So I am planning to apply dependent visa before I travel to Uk.

Could you please let me know what are the documents you submitted for dependent visa..

Thanks and appreciate ur help.

ahtesham4all
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant visa refusal query

Post by ahtesham4all » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Hello,

My wife has recently applied for a visa on 08-03-2010 to enter in the uk.

Unfortunately the visa has been refused on the grounds that, I her husband, was not present at the time of the wedding. I can confirm I was present at the wedding and had come to india on 31st december 2009 which is supported by the immigration entry stamp on my passport.

It seems that assumption is based on the poor quality of my passport copy initially sent to them. However i hav now made the arrangement to sent them a further copy which clearly shows the date I had arrived in india.

Please help me ?
do i have to reapply or is that anything i could notify them that i did go to india at the time of our wedding

Thanks
Sham