ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Master's degree > Bologna Process > UK NARIC ???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kju

Master's degree > Bologna Process > UK NARIC ???

Post by kju » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Hello, I have doubts whether I should apply to NARIC to get a letter, and I'm asking for advice/help...

This is what I have selected/found on PBS calculator and I was awarded with 35 points:

Country of study: Croatia
Qualification: Magistar (Master's degree) (Level VII/2)
Institution: University of Zagreb
Length of course: 4 years or less than 5
Subject: Engineering
Year of award: 2005
Points awarded: 35

Now, problem is that in year 2005 implementation of the Bologna Process started in Croatia and existing academic degrees were transformed. My degree (in the old system) was called diploma (dipl.ing.) but now it translates into masters (new Bologna system = magistar inženjer). Does anyone have same problem???

More info here >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_Process#Croatia

Also, my University has international accreditation for Bachelor and Master programs issued from an international agency - ASIIN >>> http://fer.hr/en/about/asiin (but this is for new Bologna programs, and I don't know if it applies for old ones)

Anyway, facts are:
- I have studied for 5 years, and in Croatia my diploma is considered equal to Masters degree.
- It is stated on my (old) diploma document that its worth 302 ECTS points.
- I also have a document (issued from University in Zagreb) that my dipl.ing is now translated into mag.ing., but that is in Croatian.

So am worried if I should apply for UK NARIC letter, or if its enough that PBS system recognizes my degree as valid 35 points etc.

Please advise!
Thank you

kju

Post by kju » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:21 am

So nobody had a similar problem with Bologna Process?
Anyway, If I did find my institution on the PBS calculator, can anybody advise if you think that is enough to claim points?

Problem is if I apply for a NARIC letter I will not get it before 6th April, and I would like to apply before that...

Please advise