ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings evidence signed and stamped by employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GeneNZ

Earnings evidence signed and stamped by employer

Post by GeneNZ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:57 am

Hi there,

Starting to gather evidence for my Tier 1 General application and just want to clarify a couple things based on other people's experience.

The Tier 1 General Guidance notes dictates that one form of previous earnings evidence must be supplied by your employer. So this can either be a letter or payslips. Both of these need to be signed and stamped and preferably printed on the company official stationary. The guidance notes state that it is the 'employer' that must sign and stamp it.

My question refers to the term 'employer'. Does my direct manager/boss (company IT director/manager) qualify as my employer? Or do I need to get it signed off by the accounts department and financial controller? My manager has direct access to my salary information. Or is it simply safer to get it signed off by the financial controller/group accountant?

I also have a question with regard to the term 'stamped'. When the form must be stamped, I assume that they mean date stamped and then physically signed? As far as I know, we don't have a official company stamp seal. We have official company stationary and date stamps, but no company stamp.

The reason I ask is because I wish to limit the number of people at work who know I am applying for a visa, until I actually receive it.

Thanks in advance.

vks

Re: Earnings evidence signed and stamped by employer

Post by vks » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:20 am

GeneNZ wrote:Hi there,

Starting to gather evidence for my Tier 1 General application and just want to clarify a couple things based on other people's experience.

The Tier 1 General Guidance notes dictates that one form of previous earnings evidence must be supplied by your employer. So this can either be a letter or payslips. Both of these need to be signed and stamped and preferably printed on the company official stationary. The guidance notes state that it is the 'employer' that must sign and stamp it.

My question refers to the term 'employer'. Does my direct manager/boss (company IT director/manager) qualify as my employer? Or do I need to get it signed off by the accounts department and financial controller? My manager has direct access to my salary information. Or is it simply safer to get it signed off by the financial controller/group accountant?

I also have a question with regard to the term 'stamped'. When the form must be stamped, I assume that they mean date stamped and then physically signed? As far as I know, we don't have a official company stamp seal. We have official company stationary and date stamps, but no company stamp.

The reason I ask is because I wish to limit the number of people at work who know I am applying for a visa, until I actually receive it.

Thanks in advance.
A letter from company letter head, from the HR

or

Salary slips stamped and signed (Stamped = Official stamp of the company and not the date, signed = HR or the accountant or the financial controller)
Regards,
vks

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:53 pm

vks wrote:

or

Salary slips stamped and signed (Stamped = Official stamp of the company and not the date, signed = HR or the accountant or the financial controller)
Thanks for your response. If I were to throw another question in the same direction.

The Tier 1 Guidance notes clearly state that a formal payslip can be used as evidence, provided that it is printed on company headed paper. If the formal payslip is on plain paper or distributed electronically, then it must be stamped and signed by the employer. My company distributes my payslips electronically, however, I can quite easily get company headed paper (e.g. walk into the stationary cupboard, get company headed paper and put paper into laser printer). Would that still be admissible as evidence? Naturally I assume that having these payslips stamped and signed is even better, but just trying to work out my options.

To be that answer would be a: "yes it is admissible", but when you have to pay 690 pounds for a tier 1 visa, then no question is a silly question :).

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:20 pm

GeneNZ wrote:
vks wrote:

or

Thanks for your response. If I were to throw another question in the same direction.

The Tier 1 Guidance notes clearly state that a formal payslip can be used as evidence, provided that it is printed on company headed paper. If the formal payslip is on plain paper or distributed electronically, then it must be stamped and signed by the employer. My company distributes my payslips electronically, however, I can quite easily get company headed paper (e.g. walk into the stationary cupboard, get company headed paper and put paper into laser printer). Would that still be admissible as evidence? Naturally I assume that having these payslips stamped and signed is even better, but just trying to work out my options.

To be that answer would be a: "yes it is admissible", but when you have to pay 690 pounds for a tier 1 visa, then no question is a silly question :).
it is ok but someone like your manager or HR needs to sign the letter I guess
Plus, wouldn't it be better if you can get your HR to give you a letter on company letterhead explaining your salary for the period claimed.
Here is a template letter
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010
Goodluck.

akshay.kumar1729
Newly Registered

go ahead and use company stationery

Post by akshay.kumar1729 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Go ahead and print out your payslips on company stationery. Then you do not require the stamp and sign. If your online payslips are in colour then definitely get colour printouts on the company stationery.

Also do your online payslips look authentic? I have seen both ends of the spectrum - online payslips are well-designed and look authentic and payslips which are very poorly designed and do not look credible. If your online payslips look authentic and capture all the essential details then you should have any problems.

As an additional document submit your offer letter or your latest compensation revision letter (again preferably colour printouts on company stationery). This is one addition document that will support that the individual components that appear in your monthly payslips.

Also make sure the net income in each payslip exactly matches the amount deposited in your bank.

GeneNZ

Re: go ahead and use company stationery

Post by GeneNZ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks for your responses.

We actually only receive an electronic payslip, which really looks like any payslip I've ever had - no colour, just in black and white detailing the information about gross/net/sick/deductions and thats about it. My plan is actually to do the following when collecting evidence for previous earnings:

1) Print out 12 months payslips on official company headed paper, get it stamped and signed by the financial controller. (I'm just unsure if the company has a company seal, so I will have to ask come Monday).
2) Write up a letter (which I have already done) as provided by this forum, and get the company financial controller to sign and stamp that.
3) Get bank statements of my bank account from 12 months ago until now, showing all transactions, and highlighting the appropriate salary deposits using just a highlighter marker. The bank statements will be interim bank statements, signed and stamped with the official bank seal, with its branch number and date. Unfortunately the bank can't print it on official bank stationary (its a laser printer print out, but it does print out the logo of the bank on the top right corner). I used a similar interim bank statement to apply for a Tier 5 visa a couple months back, and they seemed to accept this.
4) I'm going to try see if the bank can write a letter to confirm that the statements provided are also authentic. On official bank stationary of course.

When others that have applied, provided their bank statements as evidence, did you just use a highlighter marker to specify which salary deposits you will be claiming for?

By the way, the payslip net amount does equal exactly the amount going into the bank. I also know I have three/four forms of evidence here, whereas you only need two from two different sources. I figure why not put three/four bits of evidence in just in case? I mean if I'm going to ask my financial controller to sign all my payslips, why not sign a letter to go along with it?

akshay.kumar1729
Newly Registered

your approach is right

Post by akshay.kumar1729 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Your approach is right. Give as many credible documents as you can to support your application.

When you take printouts of your payslips on company stationery take 2 copies of each payslip. Keep a backup copy with you in case your company raises an issue when you ask them to stamp and sign your payslips.

To point to the relevant sections of my documents I used 3M Post-It arrow flags. I also used normal post-its to scribble notes on documents wherever required. I was not comfortable with directly highlighting or writing on the documents.

3M Post-It arrow flags - http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/prod ... t_arr.html

GeneNZ

Re: your approach is right

Post by GeneNZ » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:25 am

akshay.kumar1729 wrote:
To point to the relevant sections of my documents I used 3M Post-It arrow flags. I also used normal post-its to scribble notes on documents wherever required. I was not comfortable with directly highlighting or writing on the documents.

3M Post-It arrow flags - http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/prod ... t_arr.html
Thanks! Good idea, I'll use that!

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi,
i have one question regarding the income tax documents:
i am applying for tier 1 general visa from singapore.

In singapore we have the tax period from jan-dec. And we file the for the income tax in the month of april and pay the income tax in july.

I have recently filed for the income tax to be paid for the year 2009. i only have the form called IR8A(Return of Employee's Remuneration for the year ended 31 Dec 2009).

I have a doubt here.
Should i submit this IR8A form as proof of income tax, or should i submit the income tax documents of the previous year, ie from jan2008 to dec2008.

Please advice.

GeneNZ

Post by GeneNZ » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 am

As an extension to the original question. I just found out that my company doesn't have a official stamp/seal. What can I use as an alternative to a stamp for each of my payslips? I shouldn't have any issue with the financial controller signing and proving the payslip is genuine, but with regard to the stamp, its drawing a blank with me. I know the company has an address stamp, that they use to stamp mail, and an additional date stamp, but that's all they have unfortunately.

Anyone have any futher ideas?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:54 am

GeneNZ wrote:As an extension to the original question. I just found out that my company doesn't have a official stamp/seal. What can I use as an alternative to a stamp for each of my payslips? I shouldn't have any issue with the financial controller signing and proving the payslip is genuine, but with regard to the stamp, its drawing a blank with me. I know the company has an address stamp, that they use to stamp mail, and an additional date stamp, but that's all they have unfortunately.

Anyone have any futher ideas?
anything on a letterhead dont need a stamp
if you're printing the payslips on a letterhead then it dont need stamping
Goodluck.

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:25 am

Hi Can anyone answer my question regarding the income tax documents please.

In singapore we have the tax period from jan-dec. And we file the for the income tax in the month of april and pay the income tax in july.

I have recently filed for the income tax to be paid for the year 2009. i only have the form called IR8A(Return of Employee's Remuneration for the year ended 31 Dec 2009).

I have a doubt here.
Should i submit this IR8A form as proof of income tax, or should i submit the income tax documents of the previous year, ie from jan2008 to dec2008.

Please advice.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 am

are you self employed or in a salaried employment.
Please elaborate a little bit
ukdiscuss wrote:Hi Can anyone answer my question regarding the income tax documents please.

I have a doubt here.

Please advice.
Goodluck.

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 am

Hi [ID],
I am a salaried employee in singapore, working here for the past 3 years from 2006.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 am

ukdiscuss wrote:Hi [ID],
I am a salaried employee in singapore, working here for the past 3 years from 2006.
for you the easiest two documents to support you earnings claimed would be

1) Bank statements covering 12 consecutive months from last 15 months
2) Payslips for that period claim OR Employers letter confirming your earnings for the period claimed (see the sticky for the template letter)
Goodluck.

ukdiscuss

Post by ukdiscuss » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:30 am

ok..
But i can see in the tier 1 guidelines that they have mentioned to submit the tax documents.

kju

Post by kju » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 am

Hello, I have another question: I work in a company in Croatia, when I use the Employer Letter Template that you mention above, should the earnings be printed in GBP or local currency..?

If in GBP, conversion rate changes from day to day.. I should use the current day conversion, even though I will apply in 2 weeks from today when conversion rate might be different???

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 am

ukdiscuss wrote:ok..
But i can see in the tier 1 guidelines that they have mentioned to submit the tax documents.
You have to provide two types of evidence from different sources to prove your previous earnings.

As [iD] mentioned in his post, bank statements and payslips should be fine.

You dont have to submit tax documents.

If you do not have any of the two types of evidence mentioned above then you can submit your tax returns document provided it covers the whole period you are claiming.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 am

kju wrote:Hello, I have another question: I work in a company in Croatia, when I use the Employer Letter Template that you mention above, should the earnings be printed in GBP or local currency..?

If in GBP, conversion rate changes from day to day.. I should use the current day conversion, even though I will apply in 2 weeks from today when conversion rate might be different???
You can get a letter from your employer with local currency.

Remember you have to use the exchange rate on the last date of your claim period for previous earnings and not the rate on the day of application. For the maintenance fund you need to use the rate on the day of your application.

kju

Post by kju » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 am

aruni4470 wrote:You can get a letter from your employer with local currency.

Remember you have to use the exchange rate on the last date of your claim period for previous earnings and not the rate on the day of application. For the maintenance fund you need to use the rate on the day of your application.
oh, thanks a lot!! that's great news.. now i don't have to worry if the exchange rate changes!!

because i cross the line of 35k (that's how much i need with new april2010 rules) in earnings by only 100 GBP... i hope that's not a problem???

but if the exchange rate would change drastically in next 2 weeks than it would be a problem, if i wouldnt have sufficient $$$ with new rate! . . . this way, i am sure that it will not change :)

thank you

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:39 am

because i cross the line of 35k (that's how much i need with new april2010 rules) in earnings by only 100 GBP... i hope that's not a problem???
Shouldn't be a problem even if you cross the line by just 1 GBP as long as you meet the requirement. All the best.

kju

Post by kju » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:09 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem even if you cross the line by just 1 GBP as long as you meet the requirement. All the best.
Just to make few more things clear..

They use this converter, right?
http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

I select:
DATE = last date of claim period for previous earnings
RATE = Interbank rate

I look at the AVG (average) exchange rate???
Is this correct?

Also, my salary gets into my bank account every 8th working day of the month.. so its different every month. For example salary for 12-2008 I got paid on 15.01.2009.
And for 12-2009 is on 14.01.2009.

So what period should I claim:

From 15.01.2008 - 14.01.2009 (that's when I got paid)???

Or do I have to claim on basis of months from 01.12.2008. till 30.11.2009 (that's the 12month-period FOR WHICH I got paid)

Please advise

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 pm

kju wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
Just to make few more things clear..

They use this converter, right? Right
http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

I select:
DATE = last date of claim period for previous earnings
RATE = Interbank rate

I look at the AVG (average) exchange rate???
Is this correct? Correct

Also, my salary gets into my bank account every 8th working day of the month.. so its different every month. For example salary for 12-2008 I got paid on 15.01.2009.
And for 12-2009 is on 14.01.2009.

So what period should I claim:

From 15.01.2008 - 14.01.2009 (that's when I got paid)???

Or do I have to claim on basis of months from 01.12.2008. till 30.11.2009 (that's the 12month-period FOR WHICH I got paid)

I would suggest you use the dates which you actually worked to get that salary. Regarding the pay date, you could explain about it in your cover letter or salary explanation statement.

Please advise

kju

Post by kju » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Thank you very much for the replies.. but the deeper I dig, the more problems arise..

1)

If my date of application is, lets say *3.4.2010.*
I can claim previous earnings for 12 out of 15 preceding months...
Can I claim from 1.1.2009 - 31.12.2009.???

Jan 2009 is 15 months preceding Apr 2010...
but the actual date 1.1.2009 exceeds the 15 months limit...
because 3.1.2010 is exactly 15 months before 3.4.2010.

2)

In my company we also have awards and so called 'regress' paid to us every year...
For example my "annual award" (also called '13th paycheck') for 2008 was 6% of my gross earnings in 2008, but it was paid to me in Mar 2009, because they are calculated on end of each year according to employees performances in previous year.. So for year 2008 we get an award paid in 2009, etc. ..

And there are 2 types of these awards... So if I claim my previous earnings for 2009-year-period = form 1.1.2009 to 31.12.2009., can I include this 2 awards even though on the payslip it says they were awards for 2008???

This is important because without these 2 awards I don't know if I'll meet the earnings points requirement... and for year 2009, I still didn't get the awards (paid), probably will in Apr 2010.

Another point: on my official tax return paper that I got from the company, these awards are contributed/added as earnings for the month in which they were paid.. so some months my gross salary is bigger = normal salary+award
But I cannot submit the 'tax return' form because it does not match the exact amounts from bank statements (there is some difference - but that is not the problem here)

Please let me know what you think, I got mass confusion in my head.. Please advise! :oops:

kju

Post by kju » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:12 pm

kju wrote:1)

If my date of application is, lets say *3.4.2010.*
I can claim previous earnings for 12 out of 15 preceding months...
Can I claim from 1.1.2009 - 31.12.2009.???

Jan 2009 is 15 months preceding Apr 2010...
but the actual date 1.1.2009 exceeds the 15 months limit...
because 3.1.2010 is exactly 15 months before 3.4.2010.
I guess answer to my question number 1) is 15 months preceding Apr 2010 is: Jan 2009 to Mar 2010... So whatever the actual dates are, it doesn't matter, right? As long as I apply in Apr 2010...