ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Notifying employer about changing from tier-2 to tier-1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orphean
Newly Registered

Notifying employer about changing from tier-2 to tier-1

Post by orphean » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:54 am

Hi,

I work in a bank and on a tier-2 ict visa. I will be changing my visa to a tier-1 visa next month.

Do I need to notify my HR department before I apply for my visa? Or should I change my visa status, re-enter the country over the weekend and then notify my employer?

Does all my employer need is the proof of right to work, in this case, the tier-1 visa?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Notifying employer about changing from tier-2 to tier-1

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:04 pm

You can change your visa status and then inform your employer. Also reassure your employer that you do not intend to move on and you are committed to stay with them.
orphean wrote:Hi,

I work in a bank and on a tier-2 ict visa. I will be changing my visa to a tier-1 visa next month.

Do I need to notify my HR department before I apply for my visa? Or should I change my visa status, re-enter the country over the weekend and then notify my employer?

Does all my employer need is the proof of right to work, in this case, the tier-1 visa?