ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport Application Underway Now HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

unixguru
Newly Registered

UK Passport Application Underway Now HSMP

Post by unixguru » Fri May 28, 2004 3:54 pm

When I first decided to search for work in the UK I thought I needed an HSMP. With help from this forum I found out I qualified for a UK Passport. Since my HSMP will bdecided soon (105 points claimed) I am wondering if applying for both is an issue or should I notify them. The passport letter states that I meet all requirements and all documents have been sent to Liverpool for approval - Don't contact us unless 6 months have passed.

So my question is can I go ahead with the HSMP and then use the passport?

Thanks in Advance,
Shaun

unixguru
Newly Registered

Additional INFO

Post by unixguru » Fri May 28, 2004 3:57 pm

I currently have 3 job offers pending and need to let all of them know next week. I faxed all three offer letter to the HSMP office. Not sure if I should have done that now.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat May 29, 2004 1:24 am

You are a British Citizen and thus qualify for a British Passport as evidence of your status. The HSMP Team are not aware of this at the moment and once they do will cancel your application anyway because it is moot - British Citizens have the right of abode and can live and work in the UK as they please without needing any authorisation which HSMP, Work Permits etc are.

Fax your employers the relevant info pertaining to your BC and explain that your passport is enroute - they will be more patient then. In the meantime you may wish to contact the HSMP Team and withdraw your application if it is yet to be processed - you will then get a refund on your credit card. Note that I am basing this advice on your comments that you have British Citizenship as opposed to that the Nationality Department in Liverpool is investigating your claims to British Citizenship. You may wish to post your details again to assist my understanding i.e

1. Which of your parents is a British Citizen.

2. Are/ were your parents married at/ or after your birth.

3. How did the British parent get their citizenship i.e were they born in the UK.

4. What date was the BC parent born.

5. What date were you born.

unixguru
Newly Registered

Post by unixguru » Sat May 29, 2004 1:05 pm

Kayalami - as always it is great to get a response from the master, I bow to your excellency!

1. Mother

2. Yes, they were married before my birth, Father USAF doctor - Lakenheath

3. Mother born in UK 1934 - also Grand father, Grand Mother etc...

4. 25/06/1934

5. 11/09/1967

Thanks in Advance

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun May 30, 2004 7:04 pm

unixguru wrote:
Kayalami - as always it is great to get a response from the master, I bow to your excellency!
Glad to help where I can - as for the bowing I'm only human so please save it for a more supreme being :wink: .

You appear to meet the requirements for adult registration as a British Ciitzen for those born outside the UK to a British Citizen mother before 1 January 1983 but after 7 February 1961. Liverpool are investigating your eligibility for British Citizenship under this section (4C) of the British Nationality Act 1981. Registration takes on average six months in these cases - IMHO it will take less than this because your mother was born in the UK and likewise her parents.

Slight dilemma though as you want to enter the UK soon for employment. Might be best to keep the HSMP in place then once you get your British passport use it for other employment opportunities. In any case the grant of British Citizenship requires you to take an oath as well as a pledge in a citizenship ceremony conducted at a registrars office in the relevant location in the UK. The HSMP will facilitate your presence in the UK in such circumstances - may be worth talking to the consulate once HSMP approval comes through and enquire as to how the nationality case will be handled. It may be that Liverpool are notified of your entry into the UK and corresponding change of address.

unixguru
Newly Registered

Your to Modest!!

Post by unixguru » Sun May 30, 2004 7:40 pm

I know I speak for everyone who uses this site, Thanks!!

Kayalami, Chess, and all the other gurus have gone out of their way to help most of us, and I for one am very grateful. This forum has helped many a dream come true.

Kindest Regards

Shaun