ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:35 am

freddfrog wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
freddfrog wrote:
Eskar wrote:HI ALL,

i just got my certificate yesterday[18 Feb, 10], Applied on 20 Jan , got approval on 6 March. so offcially im now british. thanxs all of you for ur kind support. i highly appricate that because i reallly needed it as im really bad at patient by nature..

Congrats Eskar - there was never any doubt! Now hoping that the delivery of my original documents come shortly so I can check if there i a letter in with it!
Has it arrived yet??? Can't wait to hear a good news from you soon.....
Not yet Brightest, the time on the attempted delivery on Thursday was 11:45 so I'm expecting about the same time - the clock is going really slow! :D
Good Luck. All the best.

Regards,
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:36 am

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai and Other Followers of this thread, I was told this morning that a decision has already been made earlier this week but a letter is yet to be sent out to me. What does this means? Tim Bhai, please you give them another call today to check the status and INSHALLAH you will have a good news.
Hi Brightest Star,

Thats great :D , I am very happy for you :P . Inshallah a very good news is waiting for you. I guess after decision, approval letter takes 7 to 10 days to reach the applicant. Is it right?

From my side no updates yet. I could not manage to call them on friday. Inshallah I'll contact them on monday. Wish me good look.

Regards,
INSHALLAH Tim Bhai you will hear the news on Monday that the letter has been despatched and decision has been made for you as well. I wish you a very good luck and ALLAH be kind on all of us. I suppose if what I was told is right then the decision should be there with me by next Saturday. Please do call on Monday and then please update us.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:37 am

Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
yarons wrote:
citizen1000 wrote: alot of stress & anxiety
i called home office on tuesday & was informed that a decision was made on my application. i was expecting that my council would have received the certificate today.
i phoned my council today & they checked todays post & said that there is no certificate in my name.
I phone home office & they said that they cant tell me if the letters has been sent or not. i asked if a letter vwas sent to concil but the phone adviser was very clever & said he can not tell me
very Anxious now
dont you think that if decision was made on tuesday then council should have received it by now
Hi citizen1000

A decision on my case was also made on Tuesday. I called UKBA today to ask whether the letter was dispatched and they said it was printed but hasn't left the office yet and that I should get it some time next week.
I then called my council to see if they got anything by any chance but they did not. I guess that's normal as from looking at other people's experience, it takes around 7-10 days to get the letter from day of decision. I guess it takes them 2-4 days to prepare the letter and dispatch it and then 3-5 days for the 2nd class mail to arrive.

Patience is a virtue, they say :)
Yaron is correct Citizen1000. I completely agree with him. I guess Citizen 1000, Yaron, me & Tim bhai will be receiving the letters about the same time.

Tim Bhai...where have you disappeared????
Brightest Star bhai, I'm around bit busy. You were right, home office was not updating the information. Now its great news if decision has been made. Bhai when did home office receive your application ( mine on 01/03/2010) ?
Tim Bhai.....no problem. Yes, it must be HO not updating the latest information on their computer system. Bhai, my application was received on 03/03/2010...and i was aware that your was received on 01/03 and that is why I said that your decision must have already been made....

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:13 am

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:Tim Bhai and Other Followers of this thread, I was told this morning that a decision has already been made earlier this week but a letter is yet to be sent out to me. What does this means? Tim Bhai, please you give them another call today to check the status and INSHALLAH you will have a good news.
Hi Brightest Star,

Thats great :D , I am very happy for you :P . Inshallah a very good news is waiting for you. I guess after decision, approval letter takes 7 to 10 days to reach the applicant. Is it right?

From my side no updates yet. I could not manage to call them on friday. Inshallah I'll contact them on monday. Wish me good look.

Regards,
INSHALLAH Tim Bhai you will hear the news on Monday that the letter has been despatched and decision has been made for you as well. I wish you a very good luck and ALLAH be kind on all of us. I suppose if what I was told is right then the decision should be there with me by next Saturday. Please do call on Monday and then please update us.
Inshallah. I'll ring them on Monday and update you.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

freddfrog

Great News!

Post by freddfrog » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:46 am

Home Office delivery from DX secure has just been and opened the envelope to great news!

Original documents was accompanied with a decision letter dated 15th March 2010.

"I am pleased to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony. When you attend a ceremony you will be presented with a certificate of British Citizenship

Please note, this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony. You should not contact your local authority until you have received your invitation. If you have not received your invitation within 2 weeks of the above date, you should contact HO to request a further copy."

It looks like the decision was made the same day the application was allocated to the caseworker and the day he rang me up to confirm details!

Update timelines:

NCS or Postal : Postal Leeds

Date of submission or posting : 23/02/2010

Date recieved by HO: 24/02/2010 (Special Delivery)

CRITERIA: 3 Years married + 5yrs ILR

Date of debit of Card : 27/02/2010

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 26/02/2010 (letter received 03/03/10)

Rang UKBA: 10/03/10 - With caseworking team, awaiting allocation to caseworker.

Rang UKBA: 15/03/10 - with caseworker, under consideration.

Date of receipt of approval : 20/03/10 (Missed delivery on 18th, redelivered 20th) Letter dated 15/03/10

Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending

Date of passport application : Pending

Method used : TBA

Date for passport Interview: Pending

Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Should receive the ceremony letter sometime next week - hopefully, in time for 8th April group ceremony that is being held by the register office in my council.

Thanks all for your support and for the assurances along the way. Really impressed by the turnaround time as I remember my brother applying and taking at least 4 months to get approval.

It's a great community of support here and I just wanted to wish everyone else applying and those awaiting decision letters all the best! I'm sure you'll hear of great news soon too - Yarons, Brightest, Kindley, Citizen1000 and Tim55!

Will keep checking for updates and update you when I take ceremony and passport application. :D

kindley

Re: Great News!

Post by kindley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:56 am

Wow fred.. So happy for you. I can't tell you how relieving it is when i hear that people are approved. It gives you a sense of security and assurance.

Congratulations. Please continue to which the rest of us good luck.

freddfrog wrote:Home Office delivery from DX secure has just been and opened the envelope to great news!

Original documents was accompanied with a decision letter dated 15th March 2010.

"I am pleased to say that the application has been successful and you will shortly receive a letter inviting you to attend a citizenship ceremony. When you attend a ceremony you will be presented with a certificate of British Citizenship

Please note, this letter is not an invitation to a ceremony. You should not contact your local authority until you have received your invitation. If you have not received your invitation within 2 weeks of the above date, you should contact HO to request a further copy."

It looks like the decision was made the same day the application was allocated to the caseworker and the day he rang me up to confirm details!

Update timelines:

Date of receipt of approval : 20/03/10 (Missed delivery on 18th, redelivered 20th) Letter dated 15/03/10

Should receive the ceremony letter sometime next week - hopefully, in time for 8th April group ceremony that is being held by the register office in my council.

Thanks all for your support and for the assurances along the way. Really impressed by the turnaround time as I remember my brother applying and taking at least 4 months to get approval.

It's a great community of support here and I just wanted to wish everyone else applying and those awaiting decision letters all the best! I'm sure you'll hear of great news soon too - Yarons, Brightest, Kindley, Citizen1000 and Tim55!

Will keep checking for updates and update you when I take ceremony and passport application. :D
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi freddfrog
congratulations.
i am really happy for you

yarons

Post by yarons » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:08 pm

freddfrog wrote:Home Office delivery from DX secure has just been and opened the envelope to great news!

Update timelines:

I knew it!!!! didn't want to say out loud so to not jinx it ;)

Congrats mate! Enjoy the high :D

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:39 pm

Update timelines:

Congrats Freddfrog......I just knew it....now get the red sparkling passport soon.....many congrats again and please pray for all of us waiting to hear

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:43 pm

congratts freddfrog, we all have been looking for you

Hesham
Newly Registered

Post by Hesham » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:48 pm

My application so far

NCS or Postal : NCS Sheffield

Date of submission or posting : 08/03/2010

Date recieved by HO: 09/03/2010

CRITERIA: 4.5 Years HSMP + 0.5 yr ILR ( HSMP Judicial Rv)

Date of debit of Card : 16/03/2010

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 19/03/2010 (letter dated 16/03/10)

Pending

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:57 pm

Update timelines:

Yahooooooo Great News. CONGRATS. Wish you good luck for rest of your journey.

Regards,

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks all you guys for the best wishes and congrats - as I said I'm pretty confident you will all get good news soon. I'm crossing my fingers for everyone waiting and wishing you all the best too!

Now let's see a surge of approvals come in - I'm sure that it will be a good couple of weeks of approvals in the weeks coming in between the Easter holidays! :D

khaweriba

British Citizenship

Post by khaweriba » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Dear All

My 12 months time after ILR is completing in June 2010. Unlike myself, my wife was not in UK five years ago. Can we both apply together? or she has to wait until she completes her 5 years? I was on HSMP. We have a non-UK born child as well.

Appreciate if someone with similar scenario comments / helps.

MKI

Tim555

Re: British Citizenship

Post by Tim555 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:07 pm

khaweriba wrote:Dear All

My 12 months time after ILR is completing in June 2010. Unlike myself, my wife was not in UK five years ago. Can we both apply together? or she has to wait until she completes her 5 years? I was on HSMP. We have a non-UK born child as well.

MKI
Hi MKI,

I think your wife should wait until she complets the 5 year period. One of my friend recently applied ( he & his wife ). He was in similar scenario. He is living more than 5 years in uk and wife was under 5 years stay so Home office approved his application and disapproved her wife's. He was worried as he has to pay again for her application in near future.

Regards,

navnas

Post by navnas » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:31 pm

congrats Freddfrog ! hope you all waiting get their approvals very soon !

navnas

Post by navnas » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:36 pm

not sure if some one can answer my query below , regarding the passport application ....

do we need to send all the passports ( current and cancelled ones) or just the current one with the application ??

i entered the UK first time on my cancelled one so should i also include it or otherwise ??

any advice spartac or others gone through the passport application process?

Hesham
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship

Post by Hesham » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:27 pm

khaweriba wrote:Dear All

MKI
I think you can apply for the child with you if they have been more than 3 years in UK

freddfrog

Post by freddfrog » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:51 pm

navnas wrote:congrats Freddfrog ! hope you all waiting get their approvals very soon !
Thanks navnas - I'm over the moon! :) Congrats on yours too!

If someone could answer your question re: all older passports being included in application then it would be great!

I'm going to be filling in my passport application tomorrow in anticipation of my ceremony so that I can do check and send the same day and get my passport application sent off.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:41 pm

navnas wrote:not sure if some one can answer my query below , regarding the passport application ....

do we need to send all the passports ( current and cancelled ones) or just the current one with the application ??

i entered the UK first time on my cancelled one so should i also include it or otherwise ??

Just send the one you entered the UK with and the current one. Thats how I did it.

Have you had any more passports other than those two.

navnas

Post by navnas » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:55 pm

Spartac wrote:
navnas wrote:not sure if some one can answer my query below , regarding the passport application ....

Just send the one you entered the UK with and the current one. Thats how I did it.

Thanks Spartac . i have got two, first one is cancelled on which i first time entered and 2nd one is the current one with extensions and ILR....

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:14 am

navnas wrote:
Spartac wrote:

Thanks Spartac . i have got two, first one is cancelled on which i first time entered and 2nd one is the current one with extensions and ILR....
Then you situation is the same as mine. Send both through along with your naturalisation certificate. I'd recommend you pay the 3 pounds for secure return of original supporting documents.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:28 am

Hi Brightest Star and Friends, Unfortunately no updates from my side. I rang UKBA at 9.00 am. I got the same old answer '' Your application is still on 1st stage ( Initial Checking ). Application takes 3 to 6 months''. Its very strange. Its more than 3 weeks now and Initial Checking is going long and long. Might be something wrong with application or UKBA updating system, not sure.

Brightest Star, Any update from your side? Did you manage to call them today? Wish you good luck.

Regards,

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:05 am

Tim555 wrote:Hi Brightest Star and Friends, Unfortunately no updates from my side. I rang UKBA at 9.00 am. I got the same old answer '' Your application is still on 1st stage ( Initial Checking ). Application takes 3 to 6 months''. Its very strange. Its more than 3 weeks now and Initial Checking is going long and long. Might be something wrong with application or UKBA updating system, not sure.

Brightest Star, Any update from your side? Did you manage to call them today? Wish you good luck.

Regards,
Hi Tim Bhai, this is so weird and I am sure that they have not updated their system with the latest updates. Initial Checks can't take so long I believe. If you know when your local council receives the certificates, then why not give them a call and ask if they have received anything for you.
From my end no updates at all. I think I will give my council a call day after tomorrow and ask them if they have my certifcate.
Does any one in the forum advise if it is possible to arrange for a ceremony even if I have not received my letter but my council has.
received my certificate?
Tim bhai, I wish you the very best and pray to ALLAH your application soon.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
Tim555 wrote:Hi Brightest Star and Friends, Unfortunately no updates from my side. I rang UKBA at 9.00 am. I got the same old answer '' Your application is still on 1st stage ( Initial Checking ). Application takes 3 to 6 months''. Its very strange. Its more than 3 weeks now and Initial Checking is going long and long. Might be something wrong with application or UKBA updating system, not sure.

Regards,
Hi Tim Bhai, this is so weird and I am sure that they have not updated their system with the latest updates. Initial Checks can't take so long I believe. If you know when your local council receives the certificates, then why not give them a call and ask if they have received anything for you.
From my end no updates at all. I think I will give my council a call day after tomorrow and ask them if they have my certifcate.
Does any one in the forum advise if it is possible to arrange for a ceremony even if I have not received my letter but my council has.
received my certificate?
Tim bhai, I wish you the very best and pray to ALLAH your application soon.
Thanks Brightest Star for your kind wishes.
Just want to share further updates, I rang my council, I find them very helpful they said they did not receive my certificate as yet than I make a 2nd call to UKBA just now. There was a very nice and friendly lady, she told my application has just finished Initial or external checking. Now its moved to 2nd stage, in the Q, to be picked up by the caseworker for the decision.
Thanks GOD Finally its moved. Not sure how much time 2ND STAGE would take? I guess by the end of this week my application might get a decision from caseworker and by the end of month OR 1st week of april I might receive decision letter from UKBA. Wish me good luck.