ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings = Full time + Part time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

thillaga
Newly Registered

Earnings = Full time + Part time

Post by thillaga » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:04 am

Experts please advice :

I am currently on work permit from Jan 2007 until Jan 2012. I would like to switch my status from work permit to Tier 1(General) sometime in July 2010 and I would like have some clarification with regards to my total earnings.

While being employed in UK I have been doing some part time job back in my home country. The part time job is very similar to my nature of job here.

a) On a work permit status I am allowed to do 20hrs per week part time job. Is it legal for me to do a part time job out of UK?

b) I have been paid in my home country and retained the earnings there? Where do I pay the tax?

c) Could I apply a uplift factor for my earning in home country apart from the exchange rate?

d) If I can show my part time earnings from home country as part of the total earning would documents/evidence is required by the home office ?

Hope to hear from experts soon