ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:57 am

nanette wrote:Alo, Alo, Alo

Applied in August 2007
Extra docs sent mid Feb 2009
Approved at the end of November 2009
Sent signed document plus 950 euros on 23/12/2009
Resent document in mid January 2010 (one bloody name mispelled, Polish translator's fault though)
Received Cert on Friday 12/03/2010.

Gone to make me passport and spending my nights at the airport now....the second I get the passport, I will fly anywhere for a weekend....I DON'T CARE WHERE.

Nana (The girl to bitch)
Nice one Nanette. Congrats :)
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:10 am

@misterindia, your timelines seem to indicate approval in less than 2 years!! This is good going!!

zzz

Post by zzz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 pm

strongbow wrote:@misterindia, your timelines seem to indicate approval in less than 2 years!! This is good going!!
He is a spouse of Irish citizen - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 151#181151

crown

Post by crown » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Deception-shy wrote:I can help for no 3. I know a friend who changed his address and INIS sent him approval. He did not know. He got to know about a year later when he went to renew his stamp 4. He was still given.
Crown

Hi Crown

Whats ur time lines mate?[/quote]

Deception-shy
My spouse and I applied 2006 May. Acknowledged the following month. Asked for extra documents regularly since 2009 Jan. But a few weeks ago my spouse's was said to have been sent to the Minister. No confirmation yet on mine

Thanks
Crown

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:17 pm

crown wrote: Ashwana
Congrats
Crown
Thanks crown
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

mad

Post by mad » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm

crown wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:I can help for no 3. I know a friend who changed his address and INIS sent him approval. He did not know. He got to know about a year later when he went to renew his stamp 4. He was still given.
Crown

Hi Crown

Whats ur time lines mate?

Deception-shy
My spouse and I applied 2006 May. Acknowledged the following month. Asked for extra documents regularly since 2009 Jan. But a few weeks ago my spouse's was said to have been sent to the Minister. No confirmation yet on mine

Thanks
Crown[/quote]

Hi! Crown,

Crown your timelines are very similar to mine. Do you mind telling us when was your wife's file sent to the minister. My file is with the minister for approx 4 weeks or so as well.

Cheers

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 am

Deception-shy

Thanks
Crown[/quote]

Hi Crown,

Thanks for the info, I'm on the same boat too.
Just now called the INIS and they said the same story all over again.
"Sent to Minister and would let you know in 6 to 8 weeks time"

My application was sent to minister on 3 week of Feb, and I dont know how long would this take.

Are they waiting on any of the external reports in your case?

mad

Post by mad » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Deception-shy wrote:Deception-shy

Thanks
Crown
Hi Crown,

Hi! Deception-Shy,

I called them today as well and they informed me that my address was changed by my solicitor. This is good news. On the other hand they tell me that my file was sent to the minister in early February. They won't give me the exact date. Based on this my file is with the minister for almost 5 weeks. Still no news. Perhaps things would speed up after Paddy's day. Good luck to you

My application was sent to minister on 3 week of Feb, and I dont know how long would this take.

Are they waiting on any of the external reports in your case?[/quote]

crown

Post by crown » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 pm

mad wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:Deception-shy

Thanks
Crown
Hi Crown,

Hi! Deception-Shy,

I called them today as well and they informed me that my address was changed by my solicitor. This is good news. On the other hand they tell me that my file was sent to the minister in early February. They won't give me the exact date. Based on this my file is with the minister for almost 5 weeks. Still no news. Perhaps things would speed up after Paddy's day. Good luck to you

[/quote]

They simply told us it has gone to the minister sometime in February - cant remember exact date. Nothing about external reports

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:05 am

Hi! Deception-Shy,

Are they waiting on any of the external reports in your case?[/quote][/quote]

HI MAD,

They are not waiting on any of external reports. I presume they send to minister only after receiving all the external reports. I also came to know that if there is something wrong in the application like any criminal record or any continuous social welfare claims, then they dont send the application to the minister and they would send out letter to the applicant saying that the application cannot be processed due to so and so reasons. Only applications which are meant for approvals would be send to minister. I may be wrong but this is what I heard from so many other guys who has applied and received citizenship.

Anyway guys we all seems to be on the same track and nearly similar time line, hopefully all of us receive the good news

:)

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 am

Hi! Deception-Shy,

Are they waiting on any of the external reports in your case?[/quote][/quote]

Hey Mad

Why do you have to go through solicitor? you dont have to reveal if you dont want to and its absolutely alright. I'm just wondering in what circumstances we can use solicitor services for citizenship processing??

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:13 am

nanette wrote:Alo, Alo, Alo

Applied in August 2007
Extra docs sent mid Feb 2009
Approved at the end of November 2009
Sent signed document plus 950 euros on 23/12/2009
Resent document in mid January 2010 (one bloody name mispelled, Polish translator's fault though)
Received Cert on Friday 12/03/2010.

Gone to make me passport and spending my nights at the airport now....the second I get the passport, I will fly anywhere for a weekend....I DON'T CARE WHERE.

Nana (The girl to bitch)

Congrats Nanette :)
I thought you received your passport long back.
If i go by your message, then you should be somewhere now and hopefully u know where you are :roll:

mad

Post by mad » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:00 pm

Deception-shy wrote:Hi! Deception-Shy,

[/quote]

Hey Mad

Why do you have to go through solicitor? you dont have to reveal if you dont want to and its absolutely alright. I'm just wondering in what circumstances we can use solicitor services for citizenship processing??[/quote]

Hi! Deception-Shy,

I went through the solicitor because at the time I was neither aware of the website and didn't know any friends who had processed their application and the kind of profession I am in I have to change homes every few months moving all over the country. So its easy to have one person who deals with all the requests.

To date I have found my solicitor as extremely efficient and he does not charge much either. So I'd recommend him to anyone. He has such a lovely manner and he has called the DOJ on my behalf more than 10 times. Everytime he speaks with them he gives me a call back and updates me. I think he must have paid more in terms of phone bills compared with what he charged me and he made sure my mariage cert, Birth cert and everything else was in perfect order before he sent my file up to the minister.

Deception-Shy I am very happy to know that once minister gets the file it means everything is in order. The reason I am a bit concerned is that I will be made redundant at the end of this month and won't have a job in April. So I am very eager to get my approval before then. When I have approval I won't have to worry about renewing my visa which will expire in May and I'd have plenty of time to look for a job then. The kind of position I am working in I am very confident that I would be able to find a job within a month or two.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:15 pm

HI Deception-Shy,

I went through the solicitor because at the time I was neither aware of the website and didn't know any friends who had processed their application and the kind of profession I am in I have to change homes every few months moving all over the country. So its easy to have one person who deals with all the requests.

To date I have found my solicitor as extremely efficient and he does not charge much either. So I'd recommend him to anyone. He has such a lovely manner and he has called the DOJ on my behalf more than 10 times. Everytime he speaks with them he gives me a call back and updates me. I think he must have paid more in terms of phone bills compared with what he charged me and he made sure my mariage cert, Birth cert and everything else was in perfect order before he sent my file up to the minister.

Deception-Shy I am very happy to know that once minister gets the file it means everything is in order. The reason I am a bit concerned is that I will be made redundant at the end of this month and won't have a job in April. So I am very eager to get my approval before then. When I have approval I won't have to worry about renewing my visa which will expire in May and I'd have plenty of time to look for a job then. The kind of position I am working in I am very confident that I would be able to find a job within a month or two.[/quote]

Hey Mad,

Sorry to bother you. I never knew that you applied in this way.
I thought you were in some trouble due to some police cases or any other immigration issues. But I must appreciate your solicitor, he seems to be some guy who is doing fantastic job for you. I think we should keep these kind of guys in mind and recommend to others who are in need. Solicitors charge huge amount of money and they wouldn't have anytime in the world for the client.

Dont worry man, you should listen good news very soon and hopefully you'll find another job soon after the current one. In case if you are not getting redundant, its well and good and I wish and hope for the same!

But I dont think it would effect you at this stage, since your application has gone to minister and you did everything what they want....but anyway, its always on the safer side to get the approval before loosing the job, otherwise we wouldn't be able to sleep properly.

Good luck man !!

mad

Post by mad » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:28 pm

Deception-shy wrote:HI Deception-Shy,

Deception-Shy I am very happy to know that once minister gets the file it means everything is in order. The reason I am a bit concerned is that I will be made redundant at the end of this month and won't have a job in April. So I am very eager to get my approval before then. When I have approval I won't have to worry about renewing my visa which will expire in May and I'd have plenty of time to look for a job then. The kind of position I am working in I am very confident that I would be able to find a job within a month or two.

Hey Mad,

I thought you were in some trouble due to some police cases or any other immigration issues. But I must appreciate your solicitor, he seems to be some guy who is doing fantastic job for you. I think we should keep these kind of guys in mind and recommend to others who are in need. Solicitors charge huge amount of money and they wouldn't have anytime in the world for the client.

Dont worry man, you should listen good news very soon and hopefully you'll find another job soon after the current one. In case if you are not getting redundant, its well and good and I wish and hope for the same!

But I dont think it would effect you at this stage, since your application has gone to minister and you did everything what they want....but anyway, its always on the safer side to get the approval before loosing the job, otherwise we wouldn't be able to sleep properly.

Good luck man !![/quote]

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. We all need a bit of luck. I was never in trouble because of any immigration issue at all. I was perfectly law abiding through out my life :) I would recommend my solicitor to anyone. So if anyone wants his name kindly get in touch with me :) I think he charged me less than 500 for everything. I think its good value.

Cheers.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:43 pm

mad wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:HI Deception-Shy,

Hey Mad,

Good luck man !!
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. We all need a bit of luck. I was never in trouble because of any immigration issue at all. I was perfectly law abiding through out my life :) I would recommend my solicitor to anyone. So if anyone wants his name kindly get in touch with me :) I think he charged me less than 500 for everything. I think its good value.

Cheers.[/quote]

Yes man, 500 euros is very less price considering the time line for citizenship process.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:07 am

HI MAD,

They are not waiting on any of external reports. I presume they send to minister only after receiving all the external reports. I also came to know that if there is something wrong in the application like any criminal record or any continuous social welfare claims, then they dont send the application to the minister and they would send out letter to the applicant saying that the application cannot be processed due to so and so reasons. Only applications which are meant for approvals would be send to minister. I may be wrong but this is what I heard from so many other guys who has applied and received citizenship.

Anyway guys we all seems to be on the same track and nearly similar time line, hopefully all of us receive the good news
my application was sent to minister 2 weeks ago thus this mean I'll get approval?

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:18 am

smalltime wrote:
HI MAD,

my application was sent to minister 2 weeks ago thus this mean I'll get approval?

Hi Smalltime

That is the common perception among naturalization applicants.
If there is any incident or any crime against you, then they will send out the letter very quickly. Friend of mine was involved in drink-driving case and he received letter from the Citizenship department saying that they cannot go head with his application at this time and asked him to apply after one year. He received this letter within the first 18 months after applying for the citizenship.

To be honest with you, this is what everybody thinks and there is a chance that it might be wrong also. Nobody knows the exact process involved in Naturalization.

mad

Post by mad » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:27 am

Hi! Guys,

The INIS had written to me one occasion in february that my file was being readied to be sent to the minister and subsequently told me over the phone twice that my file was sent to the minister. SO I took it for granted that what they were telling me was the truth.

But my solicitor wrote to the INIS telling them my new address. The INIS wrote back that my file was at final stages of processing. This resulted in another letter being sent by solicitor inquiring as to what exactly did they mean by this and or to confirm that my file was sent to the minister or not.

They replied back yesterday saying that my file was sent being readied to be sent to the minister in the coming days.

So I don't know what to think or say. I was so hopeful that my approval would come in over the coming weeks but now I don't know. I am going to be made redundant next month and I am sure that my qualifications I could easily get a job in the UK if my citizenship comes through.

What do you guys think? Can anyone kindly tell me as to what do they mean by this? Is my file with the minister or what?

Thanks for all your help guys.

Bayern Munchen
Newly Registered

Post by Bayern Munchen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 am

Hi there!
Just an update : APPLIED 13 NOVEMBER 2006.Add.doc.requested september 2008,sent october 2008.This morning,23 march 2010 received my approval letter..So,40 months and 10 days.Appointtment in court 7/04/2010.Good luck to all those,who are still waiting.Thanks for all the support and advices folks,and once again GOOD LUCK!!!

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:02 pm

Hey Mad,

you should be fine, just relax....When you change an address they need verify few things quickly. Relax you should be ok shortly.

An advise to others: Don't go around changing your addresses, especially at the final stages but instead setup an An Post mail redirect service, it is not that expensive.....think !!!

Nana (The Girl to Bitch)

mad wrote:Hi! Guys,

The INIS had written to me one occasion in february that my file was being readied to be sent to the minister and subsequently told me over the phone twice that my file was sent to the minister. SO I took it for granted that what they were telling me was the truth.

But my solicitor wrote to the INIS telling them my new address. The INIS wrote back that my file was at final stages of processing. This resulted in another letter being sent by solicitor inquiring as to what exactly did they mean by this and or to confirm that my file was sent to the minister or not.

They replied back yesterday saying that my file was sent being readied to be sent to the minister in the coming days.

So I don't know what to think or say. I was so hopeful that my approval would come in over the coming weeks but now I don't know. I am going to be made redundant next month and I am sure that my qualifications I could easily get a job in the UK if my citizenship comes through.

What do you guys think? Can anyone kindly tell me as to what do they mean by this? Is my file with the minister or what?

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:09 pm

Bayern Munchen wrote:Hi there!
Just an update : APPLIED 13 NOVEMBER 2006.Add.doc.requested september 2008,sent october 2008.This morning,23 march 2010 received my approval letter..So,40 months and 10 days.Appointtment in court 7/04/2010.Good luck to all those,who are still waiting.Thanks for all the support and advices folks,and once again GOOD LUCK!!!

Congrats Bayern Munchen

Bayern Munchen
Newly Registered

Post by Bayern Munchen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Congrats Bayern Munchen[/quote]
Thank U very much,Im sure you'll get yours very soon.

crown

Post by crown » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 pm

mad wrote:Hi! Guys,

Mad,
It is difficult predicting these folks. But I think going to the minister is same as final stages. Same is what is told to most people. I advise you Nana's advice - redirect your mails and then you will be sire you are not missing any. I have redirected my mails before and it worked.

AShawna

Congrats

Post by AShawna » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Bayern Munchen wrote:Hi there!
Congratulations! Sure feels good to know you are done with all the waiting.
I've sworn my undying love to the state last week :lol:
The next waiting game is for the Nat cert.

Good luck to all.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...