ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

* attention BEn(Benifa)* n others: belfast to dublin railway

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aniya

* attention BEn(Benifa)* n others: belfast to dublin railway

Post by aniya » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:17 am

Hi there everyone
got a question if anyone could help..whats the best route from belfast to dublin? coach or train??
and do u require passport or ID when travelling from belfast to dublin,as we're crossing the border???as there's new e-border stuff from uk :?

many thanks

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:13 am

Train or Bus both are ok.
i think this question doesn't make sense until you want to come to ireland illegally. If this is the case there is risk of immigration check both on bus and train. Immigration checks are not carried out of regular bases but it happens some time.
Ask you question in more detail next time
arsalan

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: * attention BEn(Benifa)* n others: belfast to dublin rai

Post by Ben » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:52 am

aniya wrote:Hi there everyone
got a question if anyone could help..whats the best route from belfast to dublin? coach or train??
To avoid the possibility of random border controls, the best option is by car (hired, if necessary). Train and buses are sometimes stopped.
aniya wrote:and do u require passport or ID when travelling from belfast to dublin,as we're crossing the border???
British and Irish citizens need not a passport nor other identification when crossing between the two jurisdictions, providing they can convince an immigration officer of their nationality if questioned.

EEA nationals are required to be in possession of a valid passport or National Identity Card.

Non-EEA nationals are required to be in possession of a valid passport and visa, if required.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:14 am

Ben wrote: British and Irish citizens need not a passport nor other identification when crossing between the two jurisdictions, providing they can convince an immigration officer of their nationality if questioned.

EEA nationals are required to be in possession of a valid passport or National Identity Card.

Non-EEA nationals are required to be in possession of a valid passport and visa, if required.
Add

Non-EEA nationals who are family member of EU citizens and are visa
required, but don't have such visa, must still be allowed entry,
as long as they can provide by other means they are family members,
and are in the company or intend to join their Union Citizen family
members.

For UK
http://acme.posterous.com/if-no-eea-british-visa
or
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary
Before an Immigration Officer refuses admission to a non-EEA national under
Regulation 11(2) because s/he does not produce an EEA family permit, the IO must
give the non-EEA national reasonable opportunity to provide by other means proof
that he/she is a family member of an EEA national with a right to accompany that
national or join him/her in the UK.
For the Republic of Ireland
http://acme.posterous.com/si-656-of-2006-rubbish
or
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/SI656of2 ... of2006.pdf
(5) (a) Where a Union citizen, or a family member who is not a national of a Member State, does not
have a valid national identity card or passport or, if required, the necessary Irish visa, the
immigration officer may, subject to subparagraph (b), refuse permission to enter the State
to that person.
(b) Before refusing permission to enter the State under subparagraph (a), the immigration officer
shall give the person concerned every reasonable opportunity to -
(i) obtain the necessary documents,
(ii) present the necessary documents to the immigration officer within a reasonable period
of time, or
(iii) corroborate or prove by other means that he or she is entitled to enter the State in
accordance with these Regulations.

aniya

Post by aniya » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Ben wrote:
To avoid the possibility of random border controls, the best option is by car (hired, if necessary). Train and buses are sometimes stopped.
aniya wrote:and do u require passport or ID when travelling from belfast to dublin,as we're crossing the border???
British and Irish citizens need not a passport nor other identification when crossing between the two jurisdictions, providing they can convince an immigration officer of their nationality if questioned.

hi Ben,thanks for getting back to me...glad to hear from u...please check ur PM,...don't think you noticed it...please..thanks

aniya

Post by aniya » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:39 pm

acme4242 wrote:
Ben wrote: British and Irish citizens need not a passport nor other identification when crossing between the two jurisdictions, providing they can convince an immigration officer of their nationality if questioned.

Add

Non-EEA nationals who are family member of EU citizens and are visa
required, but don't have such visa, must still be allowed entry,
as long as they can provide by other means they are family members,
and are in the company or intend to join their Union Citizen family
members.

For UK
http://acme.posterous.com/if-no-eea-british-visa
or
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary
Before an Immigration Officer refuses admission to a non-EEA national under
Regulation 11(2) because s/he does not produce an EEA family permit, the IO must
give the non-EEA national reasonable opportunity to provide by other means proof
that he/she is a family member of an EEA national with a right to accompany that
national or join him/her in the UK.
For the Republic of Ireland
http://acme.posterous.com/si-656-of-2006-rubbish
or
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/SI656of2 ... of2006.pdf
(5) (a) Where a Union citizen, or a family member who is not a national of a Member State, does not
have a valid national identity card or passport or, if required, the necessary Irish visa, the
immigration officer may, subject to subparagraph (b), refuse permission to enter the State
to that person.
(b) Before refusing permission to enter the State under subparagraph (a), the immigration officer
shall give the person concerned every reasonable opportunity to -
(i) obtain the necessary documents,
(ii) present the necessary documents to the immigration officer within a reasonable period
of time, or
(iii) corroborate or prove by other means that he or she is entitled to enter the State in
accordance with these Regulations.
thanks acme4242 : )

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:58 pm

and do u require passport or ID when travelling from belfast to dublin,as we're crossing the border???as there's new e-border stuff from uk :?

many thanks
Are you looking to enter my country illegally? :x

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:43 pm

IrishTom wrote:

many thanks
I don't think so Tom. If she has a valid BN(O) passport, she can enter and remain in Ireland (on Stamp 3 conditions) for up to three months at a time. Nothing illegal about that.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm

be careful,the disidents have allegdley being busy on the train track between belfast and dublin for sometime :cry:

aniya

Post by aniya » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Ben wrote:
IrishTom wrote:

many thanks
I don't think so Tom. If she has a valid BN(O) passport, she can enter and remain in Ireland (on Stamp 3 conditions) for up to three months at a time. Nothing illegal about that.
thanks Ben :)

aniya

Post by aniya » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:54 pm

walrusgumble wrote:be careful,the disidents have allegdley being busy on the train track between belfast and dublin for sometime :cry:

ohhh :?
thank you for updating me on that walrusgumble :cry: