ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 New Rules - Affected Immigrants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blaze007
Newly Registered

TIER 1 New Rules - Affected Immigrants

Post by blaze007 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 am

Hi Guys,

In my situation I am on Tier 1 PSW and have started maintaining funds from last month inorder to apply for HSMP/ Tier 1 General next month. According to these new rules i will not be eligible after 6th April due to the increase in salary band. So should i quitely go back to India after contributing so much to this country for the past 3.5 years?

That's totally unfair. Is anyone in the similar situation and wants to raise your concerns?

May I know to whom do I have to approach to raise this issue other than CAB?

Thanks
Last edited by blaze007 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Unfortunately you are not the only one in these circumstances.

When is your visa expiring probably if you can get a part time job etc probably you may get a chance to qualify under new rules as it may boost your pay.

At this stage I am not too sure if any one be of any help as these rules are implemented after approval from parliment etc.

As of now UK does not require any Fresh Blood :) they are looking for high flyers and many young aspirant may suffer due to these new polices as they are working on controlling non EU migration.

Good Luck

ganny
Newly Registered

Even I am sailing in the same ship...

Post by ganny » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:06 pm

In my case my visa ends at march 2011 and I just got a job this Jan in very good company but with a pay of 20000 and I might get around 5000 per year if I get OT but not sure this may vary. Is there any way for me to handle this problem.... my contract says that my salary is 20k. Is there any way that I can ask my company to provide me a letter which can satisfy the need of HO. If the company provide me a letter stating 20k+5k in the letter and if I dont get in my account will that matter ??

Do the salary is excluding tax or including??

[iD]

Re: Even I am sailing in the same ship...

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 pm

ganny wrote:In my case my visa ends at march 2011 and I just got a job this Jan in very good company but with a pay of 20000 and I might get around 5000 per year if I get OT but not sure this may vary. Is there any way for me to handle this problem.... my contract says that my salary is 20k. Is there any way that I can ask my company to provide me a letter which can satisfy the need of HO. If the company provide me a letter stating 20k+5k in the letter and if I dont get in my account will that matter ??

Do the salary is excluding tax or including??
you need two difference documents to prove that you have earned that money
even if you get a letter saying you have earned £25K in last 12 months you have to produce another document to support this.

Earnings include Tax+Ni too. It's the Gross income they consider
Goodluck.

demur123

Post by demur123 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:17 am

Register yourself as self employed with HM& Revenue. for example you are an IT Consultant, you can develop softwares for clients and earn around 10 thousand or more in the year (my friend earn around 35K while developing software, LAMP/ecommerce websites for portals). you can do that work on the weekends if you like. What you would need is all the invoices , a letter from ur accountant stating that your income from ur self-employed work is 10,000 or more and registration as self employed bills (HM&revenue( as well as ur bank statement (business) to reflect the money coming in ur bank account.
Your company pay will be 20,000
Your Self Employee income 10,000

Congratulations you have met the Tier-1 criteria :)

lucky3
Newly Registered

Post by lucky3 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:38 am

demur123 wrote:Register yourself as self employed with HM& Revenue. for example you are an IT Consultant, you can develop softwares for clients and earn around 10 thousand or more in the year (my friend earn around 35K while developing software, LAMP/ecommerce websites for portals). you can do that work on the weekends if you like. What you would need is all the invoices , a letter from ur accountant stating that your income from ur self-employed work is 10,000 or more and registration as self employed bills (HM&revenue( as well as ur bank statement (business) to reflect the money coming in ur bank account.

@demur123 - can you add few more details to this? like how it works? where to get this work from, for ex: as u have quoted developing software ...Are there any jobsites/agencies/consultants to show this kind of work (mostly done over weekend)? Thank you ...

MOYSC22
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 1 New Rules - Appeals/Affected Immigrants

Post by MOYSC22 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:13 am

Hi there,

Can I know what are the changes in the individual salary bands and where I can check this on the new HSMP requirements from April 2010 onwards?

Many thanks

blaze007 wrote:Hi Guys,

In my situation I am on Tier 1 PSW and have started maintaining funds from last month inorder to apply for HSMP/ Tier 1 General next month. According to these new rules i will not be eligible after 6th April due to the increase in salary band. So should i quitely go back to India after contributing so much to this country for the past 3.5 years?

That's totally unfair. Is anyone in the similar situation and wants to appeal?

May I know to whom do I have to approach to raise this issue other than CAB?

Thanks

MOYSC22
Newly Registered

HSMP Changes - from 6th April 2010

Post by MOYSC22 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:49 am

Would like to share this with all concerned. Just found this out from Home Office website.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... -t2-and-ir

click on the link 'Statement of Policy - changes to Tier 1 and 2 of the point based system' , which is located on the right hand side of this website link.

Likewise, can also check points based on the new changes at :
http://www.mulberryfinch.com/news/tier- ... 0-changes/

demur123

Post by demur123 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:06 am

Its called freelance work. You can start developing software/databases/websites on cheap prices for large companies and create a portfolio. Once you start getting work , you can ask them your price for creating a solution for them (my friend started with just 200£ per website , now he asks for 1000£ for a website and sometimes more). To begin with you can start looking on gumtree , freelance work websites and yell.com. Conact companies and send them demos of your work which will least engage some conversation between you and them and thus if they like your demos you may got the project. One more thing before starting self employment work , register yourself on hm revenue website as self employed. the money u ll earn less than 5500 , you dont need to pay tax on it but still u have to submit ur tax returns at the end of tax year to hm&revenue.
There is alot of things one can do , Like business , import n export n etc in which u can earn alot of money , just use ur head :)

ganny
Newly Registered

Post by ganny » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:56 pm

Thank you every one who added valuable points to this query... it was very helpfull.

Do you think is there any chance for changing the rule if some one move to the court against the PBS?????

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:34 pm

demur123 wrote:Register yourself as self employed with HM& Revenue. for example you are an IT Consultant, you can develop softwares for clients and earn around 10 thousand or more in the year (my friend earn around 35K while developing software, LAMP/ecommerce websites for portals). you can do that work on the weekends if you like. What you would need is all the invoices , a letter from ur accountant stating that your income from ur self-employed work is 10,000 or more and registration as self employed bills (HM&revenue( as well as ur bank statement (business) to reflect the money coming in ur bank account.

he is right , be self employed by way of sole trader or Director cum owner , pay higher tax and u will be OK

chinchu
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP Changes - from 6th April 2010

Post by chinchu » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:57 pm

MOYSC22 wrote:Would like to share this with all concerned. Just found this out from Home Office website.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... -t2-and-ir

click on the link 'Statement of Policy - changes to Tier 1 and 2 of the point based system' , which is located on the right hand side of this website link.

Likewise, can also check points based on the new changes at :
http://www.mulberryfinch.com/news/tier- ... 0-changes/
Just a quick question. Will applicants between March 31st 2009 and April 5th 2010 come under the new guidelines or old guidelines at the time of extending their visa???? I think they should be able to qualify underthe old guidelines

[iD]

Re: HSMP Changes - from 6th April 2010

Post by [iD] » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:12 pm

chinchu wrote: Just a quick question. Will applicants between March 31st 2009 and April 5th 2010 come under the new guidelines or old guidelines at the time of extending their visa???? I think they should be able to qualify underthe old guidelines
Old rules.
if you already have tier 1 general and planning to extend then new rules don't apply you at all even after 6th April
Goodluck.

desertman

Post by desertman » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:03 pm

one point to confirm, if you already have Tier 1 PSW and want to extend your stay as Tier 1 General then will the new rules of 6th April apply or old rules will apply ?

thanks n advance.