ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules for Tier 1 and Tier 2 from 6th APRIL 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kk1983
Newly Registered

granted before 6th of april

Post by kk1983 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Migrants who are in the UK under Tier 1 (General) with leave granted before 6 April 2010 will be granted a further 2 years leave when they apply for an extension.

i have applied on 09th of march now my if visa will be granted after 6th of april 2010 then will i fall in new rules for extension after 3 years or points will be awarded according to the old points table since i applied before 6th april 2010?

I am asking because they used the word granted ..according to me granted means the day it is stamped.. or they meant those who applied before 6 april 2010

Please help

lucky2009
Newly Registered

Post by lucky2009 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi guys,

I am confused with this statement

Points for a Bachelor degree and/or earnings under £20,000 will not be available for those who were previously granted leave under Tier 1 (General) on or after 31 March 2009.

I applied for Tier 1 in Mar 2009 and granted in Apr 2009. Is the above statement means I need to have master's degree to apply for extension?

I think, it is unfair.

Below statement states that it will be considered as applied for Tier 1.

We will not apply the new points table to migrants in these categories. They will continue to be awarded the same points as they are currently when they apply to switch into Tier 1 (General).

Please clarify.

Thanks,
Lucky

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: New changes - Unfair

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:57 pm

blaze007 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am quite suprised as no one has mentioned about how unfair these new rules are.

In my situation i am on Tier 1 PSW and have started maintaining funds from last month inorder to apply for HSMP/ Tier 1 General next month. According to these new rules i will not be eligible after 6th April. So should i quitely go back to India after contributing so much to this country for the past 3.5 years?

That's totally unfair. May be no one else is in this similar situation and not realizing.

Any comments from the members?

Thanks
some people are bound to suffer from these changes.

i am afraid thats how it goes. what you need to remember is that the whole idea to introduce points based system was to control immigration. The points based system give government control over immigration according to present economic conditions.

Good for government... bad for (some) immigrants....

regards

kk1983
Newly Registered

Post by kk1983 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 pm

arsenal49 wrote:

I am quite suprised as no one has mentioned about how unfair these new rules are.

In my situation i am on Tier 1 PSW and have started maintaining funds from last month inorder to apply for HSMP/ Tier 1 General next month. According to these new rules i will not be eligible after 6th April. So should i quitely go back to India after contributing so much to this country for the past 3.5 years?

That's totally unfair. May be no one else is in this similar situation and not realizing.

Thanks

i am afraid thats how it goes. what you need to remember is that the whole idea to introduce points based system was to control immigration. The points based system give government control over immigration according to present economic conditions.

regards

Its the most unfair thing that can happen to anyone especially to those who are maintaining salary for their last month.. i dont know what to say sympathy doesnt feel good when one knows its a bitter truth..
regards

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 pm

lucky2009 wrote:Hi guys,

I am confused with this statement

Points for a Bachelor degree and/or earnings under £20,000 will not be available for those who were previously granted leave under Tier 1 (General) on or after 31 March 2009.

I applied for Tier 1 in Mar 2009 and granted in Apr 2009. Is the above statement means I need to have master's degree to apply for extension?

I think, it is unfair.

Below statement states that it will be considered as applied for Tier 1.

We will not apply the new points table to migrants in these categories. They will continue to be awarded the same points as they are currently when they apply to switch into Tier 1 (General).

Please clarify.

Thanks,
Lucky
i must admit you lost me by quoting those hand-picked statements with no context.

Keep it simple. If you made an application for tier 1(general) BEFORE 6 April 2010 (old rules) than you will need to satisfy same rules when you come to extend it. end of story...

dont worry too much about the bit where it says when it was granted as they basically will check the date your orig tier 1 app was posted (incase of royal mail) to find out if you were to be judge on new rules or old rules. so in your case it will clearly show , under old rules.

regards

lucky2009
Newly Registered

Post by lucky2009 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Thanks arsenal49 for your reply. So, when I apply for extension, it will be considered using old rules i.e) without Master degree requirement. Correct...

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:26 pm

kk1983 wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:

Thanks

regards

Its the most unfair thing that can happen to anyone especially to those who are maintaining salary for their last month.. i dont know what to say sympathy doesnt feel good when one knows its a bitter truth..
regards
I know , some people always get affected from these new rules which are implemented with no buffer period if you like. These rules will be LIVE within 3 weeks which is VERY VERY early and give people no time at all. In short, it does not do any good to people who are in your shoes.

all the best

regards

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Thanks arsenal49 for your reply. So, when I apply for extension, it will be considered using old rules i.e) without Master degree requirement. Correct...

I really hope so. I am in a similiar boat.
So far when the UKBA changed the rules, they had always put in some sort of transitional arrangements for people already in the visa category.
But yes, some people who were planning on switching to the Tier 1 (but hadn't yet) were affected.

I am hoping that the transitional arrangements would cover people like us. But I am concerned because of the wordings they use.

Did anybody had a chance to speak to the UKBA or an immigration lawyer regarding this.

sarwan

Post by sarwan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:34 pm

Senior's Please let me know, I'm Eligible with the New rule and applying from India

28 years
B.Tech IT degree
6.6lakhs CTC (INR)

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:21 pm

sarwan wrote:Senior's Please let me know, I'm Eligible with the New rule and applying from India

28 years
B.Tech IT degree
6.6lakhs CTC (INR)
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

try this :)
Goodluck.

sarwan

Post by sarwan » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:21 am

Since new PDB calculator has launched yet can you suggest UK equivalent for 6.6 lakhs (INR)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 am

sarwan wrote:Since new PDB calculator has launched yet can you suggest UK equivalent for 6.6 lakhs (INR)
(660000 x 5.3)/67.95(today's pound value)=51479GBP as on today.

The multiplier 5.3 might change soon.

ms_singh

Post by ms_singh » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Does anyone have any idea how long the changes proposed from April 6,2010 will hold good ? I mean will it hold at least for 1 year considering that elections are coming up soon !

I am planning to switch over to Tier 1 visa from work permit visa in one shot to reach upto ILR qualification for 5 years and that will mean I have to wait another 9 months to apply for Tier 1 visa since the term of Tier 1 visa had been reduced to 2 years.

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:40 pm

Can't comment on election impact but mostly changes are implemented in April.

2wards_uk
Newly Registered

Post by 2wards_uk » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:57 pm

aruni4470 wrote:

Dear aruni4470 and seniors,

can you please tell me did they mention about the changes in past earnings in points for Category D Countries.
you also mentioned multiplier 5.3 might change, by what time all these doubts will be clear??

Thank you

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:30 pm

2wards_uk wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Dear aruni4470 and seniors,

can you please tell me did they mention about the changes in past earnings in points for Category D Countries.
you also mentioned multiplier 5.3 might change, by what time all these doubts will be clear??
They didnt mention any time frame for multiplier changes yet. Keep fingers crossed.

Thank you

bhavya
Newly Registered

need urgent help

Post by bhavya » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:57 am

Hi every one
I m planning to apply for tier1 on 6 th april 2010.
I have one querry regarding maintance fund.
I had a stamped statment from bank till 11th March.
Can i use the same statment which shows the balance till 11th march only.
Just beet worried as i m in india and my bank statments are from uk.
And unable right now to get the new statment after 11 th march.
Also after i fly on 12 th march only for two days money goes down in my account.
is it affect to my application.
Pleas answer me asap.
Many thanks

npanglia

Re: need urgent help

Post by npanglia » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 am

bhavya wrote:I m planning to apply for tier1 on 6 th april 2010.
I have a similar query as well.
I am planning to apply for Tier 1 VISA on 6th Apr'10.
I was in UK last year on work permit and my salary was getting credited in UK, I have maintained the maintenance balance in UK account.
But since my WP has expired and I am back in India and will be applying from India.
Will there be any complications if I produce UK Bank Statements for maintenance disclosure while applying from India?
Senior please advice.

Technically I dont see this as a issue, But wanted to be confirm "Better Safe than Sorry".

vks

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:44 pm

npanglia wrote:
bhavya wrote:I m planning to apply for tier1 on 6 th april 2010.
I have a similar query as well.
I am planning to apply for Tier 1 VISA on 6th Apr'10.
I was in UK last year on work permit and my salary was getting credited in UK, I have maintained the maintenance balance in UK account.
But since my WP has expired and I am back in India and will be applying from India.
Will there be any complications if I produce UK Bank Statements for maintenance disclosure while applying from India?
Senior please advice.

Technically I dont see this as a issue, But wanted to be confirm "Better Safe than Sorry".
No. you would not face any problems, but the maintenance proof should not be more than a month old on the application date
Regards,
vks

vks

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:47 pm

bhavya wrote:Hi every one
I m planning to apply for tier1 on 6 th april 2010.
I had a stamped statment from bank till 11th March.
Can i use the same statment which shows the balance till 11th march only.
And unable right now to get the new statment after 11 th march.
Also after i fly on 12 th march only for two days money goes down in my account.
is it affect to my application.
Pleas answer me asap.
Many thanks

The case worker will scruitinize the maintenance carefully. He/She will not accept, if your maintance is dropped even a single day. You should be careful on this stuff.

You can show the statement from bank till 11th march, if you are applying on 6th April, which is not more than a month
Regards,
vks

gotovamsee
Newly Registered

Post by gotovamsee » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:24 pm

I have applied for Tier1 General from VFS, Hyderabad, India on this 24th March. And my application was forwarded to deputy high commission on 24th itself as per the message alert I received from VFS on the same day.

Now since there are operation closures in VFS South due to some technical installations here and also due to Easter Holidays in UK I doubt my application would be reaching the high commission lately after 6th April.

Though I am confident that its old rules that would apply for me I felt its nothing wrong to check with masters here. Anyone plz clear my apprehensions since my application reference number was generated on 24th March itself I donot have to bother about the new rules or do I need to worry about the date my application reaching UK High Commission for new rules.

vks

Post by vks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:33 pm

gotovamsee wrote:I have applied for Tier1 General from VFS, Hyderabad, India on this 24th March. And my application was forwarded to deputy high commission on 24th itself as per the message alert I received from VFS on the same day.

Now since there are operation closures in VFS South due to some technical installations here and also due to Easter Holidays in UK I doubt my application would be reaching the high commission lately after 6th April.

Though I am confident that its old rules that would apply for me I felt its nothing wrong to check with masters here. Anyone plz clear my apprehensions since my application reference number was generated on 24th March itself I donot have to bother about the new rules or do I need to worry about the date my application reaching UK High Commission for new rules.

You are correct that you fall under old rule (before 6th April)
Regards,
vks

sadiq_shaikh
Newly Registered

Post by sadiq_shaikh » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi lucky2009/MJNair,
I am in similar situation. Applied for Tier1 on 27th March 2009 and got Tier1 stampon on 6th May 2009.
I have send a mail to HSMP forum. You guys can also send them a mail so that they will come to know many people are getting impacted by this change in rule.

Regards,
Sandy

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:15 am

Hi sadiq_shaikh,

The Points Calculator is now updated.

Try a self assessment there.. I am sure your case is covered under Transitional arrangements..

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 am

MJNair wrote:Hi sadiq_shaikh,

The Points Calculator is now updated.

Try a self assessment there.. I am sure your case is covered under Transitional arrangements..
Do we have an update calculator of application from outside UK, applying on or after 6th April? If yes please provide me with the URL?