ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming benefit for my BRITSH children while Mum is not

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Princenels
Newly Registered

Claiming benefit for my BRITSH children while Mum is not

Post by Princenels » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:23 pm

Hello,

My Sister had a relationship with a british citizen which produced 2 children and the children are british passport holders. My sister is however still at the moment under immigration control.

I want to know if the children qualify for child benefit like every other british children regardless of thier mums present immigration status. :?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Claiming benefit for my BRITSH children while Mum is not

Post by Wanderer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Princenels wrote:Hello,

My Sister had a relationship with a british citizen which produced 2 children and the children are british passport holders. My sister is however still at the moment under immigration control.

I want to know if the children qualify for child benefit like every other british children regardless of thier mums present immigration status. :?
What is her current visa status? And is her relationship with her husband still substisting?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Princenels
Newly Registered

CLAIMING BENEFIT FOR BRITISH CHILDREN WHILE THEIR MUM IS NOT

Post by Princenels » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Many thanks to you for your responce to my question.

My Sister is an assylum seeker at the moment and her application for leave to remain i the UK is still under consideration. She is not married to the father of the children and her relationship with the man had just collapsed last year November and he has since distanced himself from her and the children.

Anxiously waiting for responce

Princenels
Newly Registered

Re: CLAIMING BENEFIT FOR BRITISH CHILDREN WHILE THEIR MUM IS

Post by Princenels » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:16 pm

[quote="Princenels"]Many thanks to you for your responce to my question.

My Sister is an assylum seeker at the moment and her application for leave to remain i the UK is still under consideration. She is not married to the father of the children and her relationship with the man had just collapsed last year November and he has since distanced himself from her and the children.

Anxiously waiting for responce.

can someone please help solve this?

Princenels
Newly Registered

Re: CLAIMING BENEFIT FOR BRITISH CHILDREN WHILE THEIR MUM IS

Post by Princenels » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:17 pm

[quote="Princenels"][quote="Princenels"]Many thanks to you for your responce to my question.

Anxiously waiting for responce.

can someone please help solve this?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:20 pm

I'd say not, has the mother ever worked in another country and where is she from?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....