ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Tier-1 (General) Extension : New Rules 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

315cool
Newly Registered

HSMP Tier-1 (General) Extension : New Rules 2010

Post by 315cool » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Hi folks,

It is understood from New Rules 2010 that, upon completion of initial 3-year visa, the normal extension period for HSMP Tier-1 (General) visa would be 2 years.

For a case of initial landing after 6 months (after initial entry clearance), the extension of 2 years would not be sufficient to meet the 5-year term for ILR, as the stay period would be 4 & half years.

Please advise,

1) If such required additional SECOND extension is ever granted ?
2) If granted in earlier instances, for how much duration ?

Cheers,

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Tier-1 (General) Extension : New Rules 2010

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:40 pm

315cool wrote:Hi folks,

It is understood from New Rules 2010 that, upon completion of initial 3-year visa, the normal extension period for HSMP Tier-1 (General) visa would be 2 years.

For a case of initial landing after 6 months (after initial entry clearance), the extension of 2 years would not be sufficient to meet the 5-year term for ILR, as the stay period would be 4 & half years.

Please advise,

Cheers,
According to the present rules, the initial grant would be 3 yrs with an extention of 2 yrs. This will be changing from 6th April 2010 from when the initial grant would be 2 yrs and extention 3 yrs.

You can extend as many times as you want provided you meet the requirement.

315cool
Newly Registered

Post by 315cool » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:52 pm

aruni4470

Thanks indeed for the prompt response.

Referring to the para # 18 of the recently issued guideline is copied below :

18. Migrants who are in the UK under Tier 1 (General) with leave granted before 6 April 2010 will be granted a further 2 years leave when they apply for an extension.

Considering above declaration, please advise,

Cheers,

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:08 pm

315cool wrote:aruni4470

Thanks indeed for the prompt response.

Referring to the para # 18 of the recently issued guideline is copied below :

18. Migrants who are in the UK under Tier 1 (General) with leave granted before 6 April 2010 will be granted a further 2 years leave when they apply for an extension.

Considering above declaration, please advise,

1) If such required additional SECOND extension is ever granted ? Yes
2) If granted in earlier instances, for how much duration ? It depends on the rules by which your initial grant was given. If our initial leave was for 3 years then your first extension would be for 2 yrs and any further extensions also will be for 2 yrs.

Cheers,

315cool
Newly Registered

Post by 315cool » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:44 pm

ThanQ ! :lol:

omalik
Newly Registered

Post by omalik » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:36 pm

Hello all

I got my passport back today. I applied from PSW to Tier 1 General. I am only given 2 years visa instead of 3. Does anyone know if they give 2 years after psw or they hve made a mistake.

regards
OM
aruni4470 wrote:

Please advise,

Cheers,
According to the present rules, the initial grant would be 3 yrs with an extention of 2 yrs. This will be changing from 6th April 2010 from when the initial grant would be 2 yrs and extention 3 yrs.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 pm

omalik wrote:Hello all

I got my passport back today. I applied from PSW to Tier 1 General. I am only given 2 years visa instead of 3. Does anyone know if they give 2 years after psw or they hve made a mistake.

That is a mistake. Pls contact HO ASAP

regards
OM
aruni4470 wrote:

Please advise,

Cheers,

omalik
Newly Registered

Post by omalik » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks Kiranchinnu, I will contact the HO tomorrow morning.

Regards
OM
kiranchinnu wrote:
omalik wrote:Hello all

That is a mistake. Pls contact HO ASAP

regards
OM
aruni4470 wrote:

Please advise,

Cheers,