ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp Renewal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

debe61
Newly Registered

Stamp Renewal

Post by debe61 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Has anyone opted to re-new their stamp 4 instead of going the citizenship route? Mine expires next year and I have been unemployed since last August, so I wanted to re-new my 5 year stamp 4 and apply for citizenship after I have found employment.

Thanks for your help!!

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:09 am

Either way you need to renew your stamp 4. Even if you go down the citizenship route its a looooooong process so at some point you will need to renew your stamp 4 to keep yourself legal in the country.

I'd say apply for citizenship once you are due, hopefully by the time the application is being reviewed in detail you would have gotten a job. At least jjst get the ball rolling.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

debe61
Newly Registered

Post by debe61 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks AShawna. I am going to start the citizenship process now (stamp was in Dec 2006) and hope for the best!!