ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Visa-Maint Funds when applying seperately

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harsha1980
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant Visa-Maint Funds when applying seperately

Post by harsha1980 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Hello All

I am new to this forum and need your help and advise.

I came to UK six months ago on Tier 1 (General) Visa. I landed in a job couple of months back and now am planning to
bring my wife and kid here on Tier 1 Dependant Visa.

My Questions are as follows,

1) How much is the Maintenance Funds amount need to shown as part of my wife and kid's application. Please note that in my case
they are applying seperately from me and from India.

When my wife enquired about the same with the VFS guys in India, they told her it will be £1600 each for her and the kid and no need to show any funds for myself.

But when i read the Tier 1 dependant Visa policy guidance doc, it says that funds are needed to be shown for main applicant(me) also
along with the dependants(wife & kid), if the main applicant(me) is outside UK or inside the UK for less than 12 months.

As per the dependant policy guidance, it will be £800 for me and £1600 each for my wife and kid.

This is confusing. I tried several forums and googling, but unable to find a result matching with my case.

some forums even say that it is not £800 but £2800 for me and £1600 each for my wife and kid.

Please clarify this.

2) The Maintenance Funds required for my wife and kid's application are deposited in my personal account in INDIA. Is this OK?
as i am currently in UK. Will it still be considered or do i need to maintain them in a UK account.

Please calrify this too.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards
Sree

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 pm

You are correct in saying that policy guidance says that the main applicant's maintenance has to be shown and the BHC says that only dependants need to show the maintenance. There are people who have got their visas who have only showed dependant's maintenance. It have been discussed in the below thread. If it was me, I would play safe by maintaining funds for main applicant as well.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

harsha1980
Newly Registered

Post by harsha1980 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Thanks for your reply aruni4470

But the problem is i already deposited the money reuired for my wife and kid in the bank and it has been nearly 2 months since.

So it'll be like back to square one, if i have to add my funds too.

I would appreciate any inputs from anyone who have been through similar case.

Regards

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:21 pm

harsha1980 wrote:Thanks for your reply aruni4470

But the problem is i already deposited the money reuired for my wife and kid in the bank and it has been nearly 2 months since.

So it'll be like back to square one, if i have to add my funds too.

I would appreciate any inputs from anyone who have been through similar case.

Regards
You need not keep your main funds for 3 months as you alreday have your visa :) . I suggest, you just deposit your funds along wth your family's ( I suppose, which is already in the bank since 3 months ) and give them the latest bank statement.This would suffice.

harsha1980
Newly Registered

Post by harsha1980 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Hello dima

THanks for your instant reply. :)

So does that mean to say that u want me to add my funds to the existing and take the latest statement to submit with the application??

Will that be ok? And what is the amount i need to add £800 or £2800??

Can you throw some light on why the Tier 1 dependant policy doc says that main applicant also need to maintain £800 along with the dependants??

Sorry...if my question sounds repetitive....as u can understand...cant afford to take a chance...that too with the exorbitant fee for Tier 1.

Regards

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:38 pm

harsha1980 wrote:Hello dima

THanks for your instant reply. :)

So does that mean to say that u want me to add my funds to the existing and take the latest statement to submit with the application??

Will that be ok? And what is the amount i need to add £800 or £2800??

Can you throw some light on why the Tier 1 dependant policy doc says that main applicant also need to maintain £800 along with the dependants??

Sorry...if my question sounds repetitive....as u can understand...cant afford to take a chance...that too with the exorbitant fee for Tier 1.

Regards
Yes you can. It worked for me. :) as the main applicant alreday have the visa.., technically we need not show any maint funds for main applicant. But I suggest you keep the total amount for the full family.
If you are ouside UK then 2800 gbp specifically . 8)
800gbp if you are living in the UK for more than 1 year. :)

harsha1980
Newly Registered

Post by harsha1980 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:41 pm

but i am in UK for only 6 months... :(

So is it £800 or £2800 in my case?? :?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:42 pm

harsha1980 wrote:but i am in UK for only 6 months... :(

So is it £800 or £2800 in my case?? :?
2800 ... :idea: