ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying this Friday.....urgent please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s19779

Applying this Friday.....urgent please help

Post by s19779 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi Everyone,
I had applied last year and got rejected because of re-imbursement shown as part of salary. And the admin review also rejected saying the same and also additionally a new reason of lack of maintenance fund.
I did not know where it came from. I was maintaining more than 4000 pounds for 3 months.

But we waited patiently to meet the previous earning points but now we have maintained only 3750 pounds.

My question is since I am showing an affidavit from spouse that I can go and stay in Uk and she does not have a problem with that, will my maintenance fund be calculated for dependent also even though I am not applying for her now(i.e, 4400 pounds)?

Is this why my earlier application was rejected in the first place?

Do we need to really provide an affidavit like that if one is married?
If not will it be a problem while appying for spouse later?

I am applying from Banglaore, India.

Kindly help me with the answers.

Thanks,
Rajesh.J

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Applying this Friday.....urgent please help

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:31 pm

s19779 wrote:Hi Everyone,
I had applied last year and got rejected because of re-imbursement shown as part of salary. And the admin review also rejected saying the same and also additionally a new reason of lack of maintenance fund.
I did not know where it came from. I was maintaining more than 4000 pounds for 3 months.

But we waited patiently to meet the previous earning points but now we have maintained only 3750 pounds.

My question is since I am showing an affidavit from spouse that I can go and stay in Uk and she does not have a problem with that, will my maintenance fund be calculated for dependent also even though I am not applying for her now(i.e, 4400 pounds)?

Thanks,
Rajesh.J
You dont have to show maintenance fund for dependant if applying only for self and you do not need any affidavit from dependant.

s19779

Post by s19779 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Thanks Aruni.

And can I avoid showing marital status at all?

I still wonder why they gave the reason as insufficient maintenance fund when I had more than 1.5 times needed.

Regards,
Rajesh

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:37 pm

s19779 wrote:Thanks Aruni.

And can I avoid showing marital status at all?

I still wonder why they gave the reason as insufficient maintenance fund when I had more than 1.5 times needed.

Regards,
Rajesh
No, you should disclose your marital status. But why do you want to avoid showing marital status?

s19779

Post by s19779 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:07 pm

As I mentioned in the first post, they might have considered maintenance fund requirement for the dependent also. Now, that is hypothetical but we do not know the midset of the person who approves the application.
They may reject by just tryinf to look at various other factors which are not in the rule too!! That is my opinion.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:17 pm

s19779 wrote:As I mentioned in the first post, they might have considered maintenance fund requirement for the dependent also. Now, that is hypothetical but we do not know the midset of the person who approves the application.
They may reject by just tryinf to look at various other factors which are not in the rule too!! That is my opinion.
There are a number of people who were married applied just for themselves and got their visa. The case worker would not be bothered whether you are married or not.

One of the good things about the points based immigration is that if you get all the required points, you will not be denied a visa.

In regards to your particular case, it might an error on the case workers side. if you give us the exact wordings of your rejection, then we can try and get to the bottom of it.

s19779

Post by s19779 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:27 pm

Thanks Aruni. I will post the complete details some time later.

Now as you know I am applying this friday and all excited about it.

Taking time to procide the correct information and proof so that I get thru this time and live my dreams.

Will come back if any further queries need to be adressed.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Rajesh

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:50 pm

i dont want to dampen your spirits but.... if administrative review also concluded the same thing as the caseworker originally thought. then you need to find out exactly whats the problem is and correct it.

we can try to analyse HO decision here if you give us more info but "hoping" that new evidence would suffice is not a risk worth taking...in my opinion.

try to remove the doubts that made your application rejected in first place by case worker and then administrative review. They will crop up again and caseworker will again try to see how you have improved your application this time around. if same problem persists, than i dont think you will get positive decision from HO. Hope you understand my point of view

regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:10 pm

arsenal49 wrote:i dont want to dampen your spirits but.... if administrative review also concluded the same thing as the caseworker originally thought. then you need to find out exactly whats the problem is and correct it.

we can try to analyse HO decision here if you give us more info but "hoping" that new evidence would suffice is not a risk worth taking...in my opinion.

try to remove the doubts that made your application rejected in first place by case worker and then administrative review. They will crop up again and caseworker will again try to see how you have improved your application this time around. if same problem persists, than i dont think you will get positive decision from HO. Hope you understand my point of view

regards
Valid point of view

smarty1277

Re: Applying this Friday.....urgent please help

Post by smarty1277 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:28 pm

I think from the very first line it is clear that the application was rejected as you have shown Reimbursement as a part of salary. I know one company which used to do like this they were giving Salary Slip and Reimbursement Slip independent but crediting the complete amount as one in the Bank Statement. And as per my knowledge reimbursement are not part of your earnings. Reimbursement is something like you spent and then claim. Anyways, I applied for myself and got my visa I maintained funds for myself only and I havent put any affidavit from my spouse. Thanks.
s19779 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Rajesh.J
Last edited by smarty1277 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When you rise up, your friends know who you are!!! When you fall down, you know who your friends are!!! "

s19779

Post by s19779 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks Everyone.

I want to clarify a point here for a better understanding..........

The application was rejected due to re-imbursement payslips. My consultant should be blamed for this :(

In the admin review along with the re-imbursement point, the lack of maintenance was also included as reason for rejection even after maintaining more than sufficient funds.
This was not pointed out in the first place and was added in the AR.

So, how shall we proceed on this?

Thanks,
Rajesh